Old 30 August 2022, 12:31   #41

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Nothing new with battery lawnmowers.

My father had one that looked like an Atco petrol mower back in the 80's, but had a car battery sat where the motor would have been.

He was so proud of being able to cut the lawns for nothing as he used to swap the battery into his company car and charge it back up using the companies fuel.

It lasted long enough to cut two lawns of @1/4 acre in total then started the car afterwards.

I like his style Nasher [emoji106]
Old 07 September 2022, 08:46   #42

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Just thought I'd throw in my tuppence to this thread. I used to run a Honda petrol mower but decided to make a move to battery garden tools and started with a Stihl mower with the intention of changing my strimmer and hedgecutter in due course. Whilst the Stihl is convenient and seems to last quite well on a charge (I bought the 2 battery deal) it doesn't quite match a petrol mower. I suspect the blade speed is slower which results in a less even cut and also it's not as good at sucking up the debris compared to petrol. Easy to use though and even my wife's taken it for a spin.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 18:13   #43

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
A new arrival today prompted me to remember this thread which I skewed a bit off course from cordless mowers to cordless hedge cutters and trimmers which have proved life changing.

We are still trying to make retirement life as easy as possible and it's been annoying for Mrs F that she found our, albeit small, petrol Honda more effort than was comfortable to get out of the garage, faff with petrol and then manhandle down the path between front/back lawns and round trees etc.

So a Stihl RMA339C turned up with DPD today after looking at Which tests and other info. Gave the lawns their first cut (in two stages) today. I was prepared to be a little disappointed with a cordless mower's performance but it's exceeded expectations by a long way. The grass had a hint of damp and was long but it cut as keenly as the petrol with great grass collection ability. The smoothness and low noise is impressive and will help when it proves essential to mow the grass as next door have friends for a BBQ. Nice and light to handle being some 33lbs less than the Honda petrol.

Yep good result. Now where's that Torqueedo brochure...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stihl vs Honda.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	142374  
Old 24 March 2023, 21:19   #44

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Funny this I was looking at a styil cordless chainsaw today saw£300 ,battery £140, charger £80 I turned into a Yorkshireman short arms long pockets and wiggled off.
Old 24 March 2023, 22:02   #45

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I must say Jeff it can be really misleading online that many cordless mowers and other items have their price listed looking good then as with you turns out the battery and charger are extra. I just searched until I found the best deal on a package of all items. My battery and charger were about £100 added to the mower cost.