Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Anyone any good with Digi SLR?

Bit of a long shot, but you never know....

My old Konica Minolta DSLR has developed a well known prob with the antishake function....Can be overcome if you turn AS off, turn Cam on, let it go to sleep then wake it up.....BUT, its a PITA and tbh anti shake is handy. It is fixable apparently, but would cost more than the camera is worth with Sony (who now own Konica Minolta).....

What do they fix? Anyone here know or able to fix cost effectively? Otherwise body only will be heading for Ebay for whatever I can get and will look for a newer Sony which can us ethe lenses etc.....

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2012, 20:32   #2

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Is that the famous 'first frame black' problem? I had that on my KM7D. I believe there is a plastic cog inside that wears very slightly but is replaceable with a new modified version. It only affects the first frame you shoot, all after are fine 'til you turn the camera off again.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2012, 21:14   #3

Town: LONDON
Make: SR4/ZODIAC/3D
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30T/40T
These problems are rarely worth fixing as tech advances so quickly with Jap electronics that a direct replacement is usually better and cheaper. It will take longer to become obsolete and software and firmware are updateable on-line. Image quality is far superior now than it was a year ago and supported devices are more robust. Unless you're absolutely in love with it or it is an heirloom, think twice before "investing" in a repair.
The other issue could be that you have so many lenses etc that to replace all those would be to costly. On a Konica I would have to say that my advice would be to get new kit. Canon or Nikon.
Old 29 June 2012, 21:31   #4

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister p
The other issue could be that you have so many lenses etc that to replace all those would be to costly. On a Konica I would have to say that my advice would be to get new kit. Canon or Nikon.
Stick with Sony. Your KM lenses are all A-mount and will fit the alpha cameras just fine, and with adaptor rings also the newer Nex mirror less bodies. Even the Minolta and KM flash guns will work on the Sony alpha bodies. Canikon users will never rate Sony, but in some respects Minolta and therefore now Sony have lead the field.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote