Old 15 April 2009, 22:36   #141

Town: Shotts
Boat name: Shakespeare's Play
Make: shakespeare
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp Verado
MMSI: 235066167
i might be the first to pull out.....i;m in hospital about to get a brain tumor op....releiving the boredom playing on the patientline web browser......still about 6 weeks to go so hopefully i;ll still be around to go...... been looking forward to this for ages. please excuse any spelling i can hardly see *uc* all.

I
Old 16 April 2009, 10:50   #142
GED

Town: CONWY/CORFU
Boat name: The Full Morty II
Make: Air Craft/Shakespere
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 300hp/Etec150hp
hope you have a speedy recovery
Old 16 April 2009, 11:17   #143

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Good luck with the op. Get ribbing soon.
Old 16 April 2009, 11:20   #144

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Aqua Vitae
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 75hp
MMSI: 235115057
Get well soon!

If anyone has need of ballast/crew/fuel contribution for this trip, please PM me

Tim
Old 16 April 2009, 20:17   #145

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
tumour op

Best of luck.
Old 16 April 2009, 20:34   #146

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
gazzelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
see you soon
hi paul is that the gazelle hotel in the background do you launch from there looks a great place thinking of bookin a weekend there soon just wanted to know if you can launch from that slipway or is there some where near by
Old 16 April 2009, 20:37   #147

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
tumor op

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandl View Post
i might be the first to pull out.....i;m in hospital about to get a brain tumor op....releiving the boredom playing on the patientline web browser......still about 6 weeks to go so hopefully i;ll still be around to go...... been looking forward to this for ages. please excuse any spelling i can hardly see *uc* all.

I
get well soon mate ....all the best
Old 18 April 2009, 09:53   #148

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
tony t - gazelle

yep, that's the gazelle, but you can't launch on the jetty as there is a post in the middle, drat!!. You can launch on the beach as there is access from the car park on the left in the picture. That is if you can get a small rib down the access road to the pub as it is a 180 turn off the road down to the pub, up to 5.5m probably and use a 4x4 on the beach. Best alternative is to launch from menai bridge slip, or beaumaris slip, menai is virtually fully tidal. They are half a mile either side of the pub. There is usually a bouy near ours free for a night, you could keep your eye on the boat from the window!! I am down there that full week end with friends and doing the round anglesey run on the sunday weather permitting so could run you to the mooring etc if you don't have a dinghy.

The pub/hotel is great in the summer, good food, good bar that understands boating, moor the boat on the jetty or the runners in front of the wall and scoop the ale while sitting on the wall. Hopefully see you around. Mail me if you want my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr Smith Anglesey 110409.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	41985  
Old 18 April 2009, 21:29   #149
DM
RIBnet supporter

Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90
The plan is to leave Conwy at 10 to 1030. After launching, can all boats head upriver 800 yards to Conwy Quay which is the departure point.

We'll be at the slip on Friday and early Saturday for anyone who needs help launching and Sunday evening for recovery. If recovering bigger boats at lowish water, it sometimes takes two trucks to pull them out.

Channel 8 for contact with myself or GED but any of the safety boats will answer to Mustang 1 to 4

The riverbed is sand and stone so back up well away from the trailer before turning. Also beware of the pontoon just yards upriver from the slip. If the current is strong, it's easy to get swept into it if you're slow getting off the trailer.

Can every one arrive with full tanks as there will be no time to fill up in the Marina unless you launch early. Obviously, with a lot of boats to get in, launching needs to be quick and efficent.

The HM has asked us to give regard to the local boats launching. Speed limit in the river is 8 knots.

When we leave the river, we'll be going straight out over the sands which can only be done at high water. All other times you need to use the buoyed channel.

It's then a straight line to Douglas with no hazards enroute apart from the odd ferry. There will be a lead boat and two sweeper boats. If we're on time and all in order, we'll do a rolling start poker run style.

If anyone needs fuel in Douglas, let me know how much by pm.

All we need now is the right weather. If the weather is bad, we'll probably go down the straits for a feast somewhere.

If anyone who wants to go but is boatless, let me know and I'll try and fix something up.
Old 18 April 2009, 23:11   #150

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I hate to ask again but I am not familiar with Conwy and the names given are not clear on Google Earth.
I assume the launching point is the large parking area and slip a few yards north west of "beacons jetty?" Is this also the parking area when we are away?
I also can't find a clearly marked place called Conwy quay, is it somewhere distinctive?
Where in Douglas, exactly, are we mooring up as it looks like there are a number of pontoons etc?
If we need fuel in Douglas is it pontoon based or is there a petrol station that we can take tanks to?
And last (finally he says) what are the minibus arrangements talked about to get to the racecourse, anything needed from us now re places costs etc?
Old 19 April 2009, 14:37   #151
DM
RIBnet supporter

Heading west on the A55, ignore the first sign for Conwy. Go through the tunnel and take the next exit which is signposted to the marina. Turn right towards the marina. At the first mini roundabout, turn left and follow to the end which is Beacons slip. The parking area is yards from the slip. There will be a couple of scousers in motorhomes for overnight security.

Conwy quay is about 1/2 mile upriver from the slip on the starboard side. Don't get out of the boat and into the water here. The bottom is soft deep mud.

No marina petrol in Douglas so I need to know who needs what from the garage unless we can arrange a bowser.

Further details as we get them.
Old 19 April 2009, 16:05   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM View Post
There will be a couple of scousers in motorhomes for overnight security.
Is this meant to be a couple of scouser INSTEAD of security?
Old 19 April 2009, 21:18   #153

made it through the op.....but i;m to be in for another poss 2 weeks still hope to be there

bruce b if i do manage happendon services would be better its next after bothwell
ian
Old 19 April 2009, 21:31   #154
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
made it through the op....
glad to hear it
Quote:
.but i;m to be in for another poss 2 weeks still hope to be there
that could get expensive on patientline! hope you'll have enough £ left for fuel!
Old 19 April 2009, 22:34   #155

Quote:
made it through the op.....but i;m to be in for another poss 2 weeks still hope to be there

bruce b if i do manage happendon services would be better its next after bothwell
ian
Ian,
we'll organise that nearer the time when you know whether you can make it or not. At the moment I would suspect a boat trip is the least of your worries even if it is something to look forward to when you are better.
Hopefully you be up to it and be able to come, its always nice to put faces to names.
Old 21 April 2009, 22:07   #156

Town: Glasgow
Length: no boat
Quote:

ian

Glad to hear you've made it through nearly the worst part - the really bad part is two weeks of hospital food to 'look forward too'.

Hope you have a speedy recovery
Old 21 April 2009, 23:16   #157
DM
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
still hope to be there
You will be there even if we have to come and fetch you.

One who shall remain nameless has dropped out because his missus is due to give birth on the 6th. We have the technology to deal with that en route but he has still wussed out.

Brain ops and pregnancy do not count as valid excuses.

Sudden death will be the only excuse accepted and only then on production of a valid post mortem cert. Even so, there's no reason why the corpse cannot be bungee strapped to a jockey seat.
Old 28 April 2009, 16:38   #158
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
Here you are folks. A little schematic that shows were the mooring pontoons are in Douglas Harbour.
You MUST radio in.
Beware. All ferries spin round inside the harbour taking up most of the space every time they dock. Harbour Master usually forbids entry/exit and any movement by other vessels when a ferry is docking. Hence your need to radio in (Chan. 12).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Publication4.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	42202  
Old 28 April 2009, 21:59   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siochair View Post
Glad to hear you've made it through nearly the worst part - the really bad part is two weeks of hospital food to 'look forward too'.

Hope you have a speedy recovery
now home ...thanks for the encouragement ....weak as a kitten though .....and wife is nagging ....never slept so much in years and the drugs i'm on means i cant go far from a loo ....whole face and head still knumb from the op ....downside to that i got a bit of my skull removed and if i press it seems weird cause i cant feel it ....also got drain tubes that i need to get removed in about 5-6 weeks...got rid of the Rab C nesbit bandage and stiches out today

hospital food is really shite rig food is far better....but having not ate for 3 days i was glad of the porridge

IOM is still a bit off so will see how i am in a few weeks

cheers

Ian
Old 28 April 2009, 22:19   #160
JSP

Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Quote:
now home ...thanks for the encouragement ....weak as a kitten though .....and wife is nagging ....never slept so much in years and the drugs i'm on means i cant go far from a loo ....whole face and head still knumb from the op ....downside to that i got a bit of my skull removed and if i press it seems weird cause i cant feel it ....also got drain tubes that i need to get removed in about 5-6 weeks...got rid of the Rab C nesbit bandage and stiches out today

hospital food is really shite rig food is far better....but having not ate for 3 days i was glad of the porridge

IOM is still a bit off so will see how i am in a few weeks

cheers

Ian
All the best Ian, sounds like your starting to bounce back

Take it easy!