Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 June 2013, 16:42   #81
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
My SIB is good to go it has been pimped! Should fly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130621_174104.png
Views:	302
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	81725   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130621_174134.png
Views:	169
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	81726  
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 17:01   #82
Member
 
bingosucks's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Length: 6m +
Engine: opti 150
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ. View Post
My SIB is good to go it has been pimped! Should fly!
Lol im sure theres a calculation about wasted thrust looks good though...i need to swap my launch wheels over onto my excell ... I dont want to go to far out as she hasnt been sea tested yet and has a few patches in the airdeck and one on the sponson ,she has held aur for weeks but needs a thrashing
__________________

__________________
bingosucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 20:27   #83
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS View Post
Hi Wibs

We'll be in a Walker Bay Generation 430 RIB. No A frame to worry about, but we might have to tilt the console to get under the bridges (never tried that whilst underway before!).

Planning to launch around 9.30am and motor straight round to Camber. Where will you be launching from?
I'll probably do the same, although may launch at 9:00 depending on the plan at Camber.?

I've not entered the harbour before, unsure on whether we need to cross the main channel to meet with the others in Camber or rendezvous further up .? Maybe someone can advise

Would it be ok to follow you NSS.?
__________________
Wibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 06:16   #84
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,077
Have a look at the link I posted a bit further up the page. All the info is there!
__________________
John Kennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 12:43   #85
NSS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
I'll probably do the same, although may launch at 9:00 depending on the plan at Camber.?

I've not entered the harbour before, unsure on whether we need to cross the main channel to meet with the others in Camber or rendezvous further up .? Maybe someone can advise

Would it be ok to follow you NSS.?
Hi Wibs

We'll need to cross from the Ballast Bouy once we've entered the harbour through the small boat channel (which is on the Haslar side of the entrance).

Happy to run down from Warsash together, though it might be a case of the blind leading the blind as I'm a relative newcomer to this lark!

Will aim to be on Warsash slip around 9am. See you there.

Cheers!
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 13:38   #86
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Length: 4m +
Engine: 100hp Yam/150hp opt
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,060
RIBase
If I come it will be in Sr4m and coming round from Hamble.
Won't decide until the day before though.

Would be good to travel down to Portsmouth as a group.
__________________
Searider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 19:54   #87
NSS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searider View Post
If I come it will be in Sr4m and coming round from Hamble.
Won't decide until the day before though.

Would be good to travel down to Portsmouth as a group.
The more the merrier.
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 20:02   #88
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ. View Post
My SIB is good to go it has been pimped! Should fly!
You bloody Sib Nobber. thats awesome!!
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 21:23   #89
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ. View Post
My SIB is good to go it has been pimped! Should fly!
Loving this picture dude!

__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2013, 23:24   #90
NSS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521
Just found this

No way I'll get through if the tide is that high!
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2013, 23:58   #91
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS View Post
Just found this

No way I'll get through if the tide is that high!
Lucky AJ took his transom extension off
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 07:32   #92
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 398
Ooff yeh......


Didn't think it was that low.!


Still possible, just need to get tides right(EXACTLY RIGHT ) I will check these nearer the time.

As I've booked this, I def going to make the trip to Portsmouth, see how far I can get, if it looks bad, turn around. I think I need around 1.2m to clear.
__________________
Wibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 08:12   #93
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Lucky AJ took his transom extension off
Blimey.... yeah. Think the beach wheels will have to go down too.
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 08:31   #94
NSS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
Ooff yeh......


Didn't think it was that low.!


Still possible, just need to get tides right(EXACTLY RIGHT ) I will check these nearer the time.

As I've booked this, I def going to make the trip to Portsmouth, see how far I can get, if it looks bad, turn around. I think I need around 1.2m to clear.
Likewise, but at worst it will just mean waiting for the tide to drop a bit.
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 09:59   #95
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Been looking at this to get an idea of air draft under the bridges.

HW Portsmouth ( Harbour entrance) is 10.57am that day @ 4.3m ( from RYA website) . Considering tides run up to 5.0m (thats what I 'think' the video shows) - so I reckon that will give another (call it) 60cm under the bridges + the maybe the 80-100cm in the video.

So maybe 140cm in all...?

Of course thats all finger in the air guesswork....I'm working on the idea that it will be later than that before its actual HW at Hilsea ( if its anything like the other harbours etc along the Solent - maybe half hour later ?) . So my finger in the air figure could well be on the low side of the actual airdraft .....
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 11:56   #96
NSS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Been looking at this to get an idea of air draft under the bridges.

HW Portsmouth ( Harbour entrance) is 10.57am that day @ 4.3m ( from RYA website) . Considering tides run up to 5.0m (thats what I 'think' the video shows) - so I reckon that will give another (call it) 60cm under the bridges + the maybe the 80-100cm in the video.

So maybe 140cm in all...?

Of course thats all finger in the air guesswork....I'm working on the idea that it will be later than that before its actual HW at Hilsea ( if its anything like the other harbours etc along the Solent - maybe half hour later ?) . So my finger in the air figure could well be on the low side of the actual airdraft .....
Yep, looking at the water line on the bridges, I'd agree that it was a big tide when this guy went through. If it's a 4.3 on the 7th then we should be okay, and we'll have the ebb of the tide on the run out of Langstone so that should work to our favour. I'm really looking forward to it.
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 15:59   #97
Member
 
bingosucks's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Length: 6m +
Engine: opti 150
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 557
I might come down without the boat this weekend and see if i can get onboard a navy ship
__________________
bingosucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 16:50   #98
NSS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingosucks View Post
I might come down without the boat this weekend and see if i can get onboard a navy ship
I'd check whether we still have any Navy ships before making the trip
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 17:57   #99
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Length: 4m +
Engine: 100hp Yam/150hp opt
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,060
RIBase
Will a 4.3 give us enough depth?
__________________
Searider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 20:00   #100
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
New to me tohatsu 9.8 ss tested tonight running well. Good to go
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.