Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 25 November 2013, 17:36   #1
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Sat 30th Nov Southampton Water

I will be heading down to the Solent this coming Saturday for a day out in my rib, subject to weather conditions. Should arrive in Southampton around 0945 so will be on the water by 1015. - 1030 ish. I think peterm will be joining me with his searider. Any other ribnetters are welcome to join us.

Working channel 77

Chris

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
__________________

__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2013, 19:08   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington and Lymington
Boat name: Charrnah
Make: 6.5m Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
I will be heading down to the Solent this coming Saturday for a day out in my rib, subject to weather conditions. Should arrive in Southampton around 0945 so will be on the water by 1015. - 1030 ish. I think peterm will be joining me with his searider. Any other ribnetters are welcome to join us.

Working channel 77

Chris

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke

Might be out on Saturday...
__________________

__________________
gooner-paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2013, 19:27   #3
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
I'm launching from Calshot.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2013, 19:31   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington and Lymington
Boat name: Charrnah
Make: 6.5m Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
I'm launching from Calshot.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
So far my thought is to launch from lymington not checked any tides or weather yet... but I do need to give it a run to empty some fuel out of the tanks..

Am easy on destination was thinking of the folly as not been since the refit..
__________________
gooner-paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2013, 19:42   #5
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
High water Portsmouth 0841 4.49m low water 1414 1.39m. May be a bit windy on the Sat so need to keep an eye on that.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 02:44   #6
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,246
Sunday is looking better I would be up for a blast then, can't make Saturday
__________________
Member of the Ribeye supporters club!!!
Member of Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Member of SR4 club
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 03:12   #7
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
The Sunday does look better but at 3:00 to 3:30pm, the time I will be recovering onlo the trailer the tide will be at LW around 1.1m, just a bit too low for the slip.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 05:59   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington and Lymington
Boat name: Charrnah
Make: 6.5m Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
The Sunday does look better but at 3:00 to 3:30pm, the time I will be recovering onlo the trailer the tide will be at LW around 1.1m, just a bit too low for the slip.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
I can't do Sunday as will be on the m3 going home. . Tides look Ok so will keep an eye on weather. .
__________________
gooner-paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 08:51   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Sat looks ok..breezy but from the north so usually makes for a calmer Solent....:-)

Come on flipper..get beavering away.......
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 12:11   #10
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
I'm going with Saturday as the 1.1m above chart datum at recovery time on the Sunday worries me (never tried recovering there in that little water and I know that it is possible to drop off the end of that particular slip if very low ). The Saturday at the same time will be around 1.6 to 1.7m above CD so not a problem.
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 12:15   #11
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner-paul View Post
So far my thought is to launch from lymington not checked any tides or weather yet... but I do need to give it a run to empty some fuel out of the tanks..

Am easy on destination was thinking of the folly as not been since the refit..
If it's really windy why not come over to Calshot to launch. We can play around in Southampton Water and it's only a short blast across The Solent to Cowes and the Medina
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 12:19   #12
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Looks like so far we have

Avon SR4 rescue
Avon SR4 porn seats
Avon Adventure 5.6

Come on MattH get your SR4.7 back together.

Chris
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 15:52   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,041
Going over to Cowes on the 14th for lunch
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 16:00   #14
Member
 
Crusher's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Bubbas Bouy
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercruiser
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 629
RIBase
Just for info I recovered mine at Calshot right on a 1m low a couple of weeks ago without any issue, and no sign of the usual stones at the bottom. It was getting dark so I couldn't look too much, but i got the impression they may have done some work.......
__________________
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 17:05   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington and Lymington
Boat name: Charrnah
Make: 6.5m Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
If it's really windy why not come over to Calshot to launch. We can play around in Southampton Water and it's only a short blast across The Solent to Cowes and the Medina
Not sure my trailer up to it really needs a service(brakes disconnected)... Which I'm hoping to get done over the winter... It's. In Lymington just a short drive to the slip..
__________________
gooner-paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 17:16   #16
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Going over to Cowes on the 14th for lunch
Is that a lunch party or a launch party ?
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2013, 03:33   #17
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Just for info I recovered mine at Calshot right on a 1m low a couple of weeks ago without any issue, and no sign of the usual stones at the bottom. It was getting dark so I couldn't look too much, but i got the impression they may have done some work.......
Thanks for that, in future I'll work on 1m above CD as my lowest recovery tide on that slip.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2013, 06:56   #18
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post

Thanks for that, in future I'll work on 1m above CD as my lowest recovery tide on that slip.

--
Tigga - Avon SR4 Rescue with 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke
Recovered my RC last year after Bournemouth Air Show very low tide had the trailer of the end of the slip. Only a small drop nothing to worry about
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2013, 10:06   #19
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
I'm going with Saturday as the 1.1m above chart datum at recovery time on the Sunday worries me (never tried recovering there in that little water and I know that it is possible to drop off the end of that particular slip if very low ). The Saturday at the same time will be around 1.6 to 1.7m above CD so not a problem.
Which slip?
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2013, 13:30   #20
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post

Which slip?
Calshot.
__________________

__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.