Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 January 2014, 11:32   #101
Member
 
Tim&Linda's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crewe
Boat name: BLACK BOSS
Make: humber & searider
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2x200 ETEC & 2x40
MMSI: ex directory
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 583
RIBase
oooo Chrisy boy , I take the big one this time so I can tow you back , I will have a rope joined to you , just to make sure you know the way , To be honest I hope the searider are sorted by then easier to tow
__________________

__________________
Tim&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 11:35   #102
Member
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,337
Tim, you'll have to catch me 1st anyway, why you towing, I'm launching from Ty Calch, it's not that far, just turn left at Bardsey
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 11:49   #103
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
Tim, you'll have to catch me 1st anyway, why you towing, I'm launching from Ty Calch, it's not that far, just turn left at Bardsey
Would love to see the fuel bill for that !!
__________________
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 12:30   #104
Member
 
Tim&Linda's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crewe
Boat name: BLACK BOSS
Make: humber & searider
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2x200 ETEC & 2x40
MMSI: ex directory
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 583
RIBase
chris that's not a bad idea and make a weekend of it, what day you planning to go down
__________________
Tim&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 13:32   #105
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim&Linda View Post
chris that's not a bad idea and make a weekend of it, what day you planning to go down
How long would it take to get from Anglesey to IoW ? I think you may need more that a weekend
__________________
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 14:19   #106
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,077
A couple of days would do it. Overnight somewhere like Falmouth
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 16:57   #107
Member
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,337
overnighting is for wimps, jus grab a quick coffee n bacon buttie when refuelling
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 17:39   #108
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Last year i enjoyed the trip with Hightower Hopefully my engine troubles are now over so I will for sure join in with +1

we will be coming from Southampton
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 17:45   #109
Member
 
Tim&Linda's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crewe
Boat name: BLACK BOSS
Make: humber & searider
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2x200 ETEC & 2x40
MMSI: ex directory
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 583
RIBase
well I am thinking of making a long weekend out of this
__________________
Tim&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2014, 11:43   #110
RIBnet supporter
 
C2 RIBS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Redbond View Post
It was our idea to run two 8.0 m's on the trip (10 passengers on each) and donate 100% of the fees for all places filled, as well as 'pass a bucket around' on the day. Does anyone have any problem with that ?
I have liaised with Kevin at Portsmouth and we will get some ads out soon to try to sell spaces on coded RIBs. I will post link up when on websites
__________________
C2 RIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2014, 12:09   #111
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
I have liaised with Kevin at Portsmouth and we will get some ads out soon to try to sell spaces on coded RIBs. I will post link up when on websites
Nice one
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2014, 12:18   #112
Member
 
jumpinjack's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Derry/Southampton
Boat name: Jumpin Jack
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 200 Opti
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 410
Intend being on the water for this (work permitting of course), should be a great day.
Redbay 6.5 with 2 possibly 3 on board.
__________________
jumpinjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2014, 15:19   #113
Member
 
allena's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Barton
Boat name: EyeCatcher
Make: Ribeye A600
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam F115
MMSI: 235097872
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 53
Below is a Email I am in the process of sending to our suppliers and customers, one of our suppliers Cable management warehouse has already made a donation of £50.00

Hi

As in previous years, instead of sending Christmas cards we will be donating £300 to charity. This year it will be going to the “Round Isle of Wight 2014 for Macmillan Cancer Support” event, which I will also be taking part in.

On the 29th June 2014 we are going to circumnavigate the Isle of Wight in Rigid Inflatable Boats (Ribs) and our chosen charity helps families who are affected by cancer and provides the support they need.

If you would like to see more information please have a look at the webpage:
http://www.justgiving.com/Rib-net?utm_source=emailvision&utm_medium=email&utm_ca mpaign=FR_page_creation

We wish you a happy and prosperous 2014!


Kind regards
From all at Enterprise Cabling Services Ltd
__________________
allena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2014, 15:56   #114
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by allena View Post
Below is a Email I am in the process of sending to our suppliers and customers, one of our suppliers Cable management warehouse has already made a donation of £50.00

Hi

As in previous years, instead of sending Christmas cards we will be donating £300 to charity. This year it will be going to the “Round Isle of Wight 2014 for Macmillan Cancer Support” event, which I will also be taking part in.

On the 29th June 2014 we are going to circumnavigate the Isle of Wight in Rigid Inflatable Boats (Ribs) and our chosen charity helps families who are affected by cancer and provides the support they need.

If you would like to see more information please have a look at the webpage:
http://www.justgiving.com/Rib-net?utm_source=emailvision&utm_medium=email&utm_ca mpaign=FR_page_creation

We wish you a happy and prosperous 2014!


Kind regards
From all at Enterprise Cabling Services Ltd
This is just excellent news!!!

Well done allana it's this kind of initiative that makes such a big diifference in the amount we raise. Great to talk earlier

Top bananas for you
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2014, 23:17   #115
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
How many miles is it around ish
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2014, 23:32   #116
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
About 55 nautical miles.
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2014, 23:37   #117
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
About 55 nautical miles.
Cheers Chris.
I'm just trying to calculate my fuel usage to see if it's feasible for me to join in!
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2014, 23:44   #118
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Definitely worth taking part. If you cannot carry enough fuel yourself i am sure one of the bigger boats will carry a jerry can for you.
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2014, 23:55   #119
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
Definitely worth taking part. If you cannot carry enough fuel yourself i am sure one of the bigger boats will carry a jerry can for you.
I should be ok. I have 76 litres of fuel capacity in cans and tank
I just have not gone that far non stop before.
So have to be sure. I couldn't handle the piss take if I had to paddle across the line!
:-)
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2014, 00:01   #120
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribandmotorhome View Post
I should be ok. I have 76 litres of fuel capacity in cans and tank I just have not gone that far non stop before. So have to be sure. I couldn't handle the piss take if I had to paddle across the line! :-)
You won't be doing it in non stop !!

There will be rest breaks
__________________

__________________
A bad day on the boat is better than the best day at work.
https://www.justgiving.com/RIOW2016
https://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Nash8
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.