Old 24 May 2015, 15:57   #1

Town: Looe - Plymouth
Boat name: Teal
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard Petrol 175
MMSI: 235087776
Round Ireland 2015

Hi I am planning to take my Rib round Ireland at the end of August / early September this year.
I am looking for some company for the voyage thinking it would be great to go with one or two other Ribs, but not really looking for a massive fleet, and all the extra logistal issues.

Plans a very flexible at this stage, so open to fit in with any other ideas / dates.

I am thinking of starting out from Milford Haven and would expect the voyage to take approx 2 weeks, an average day would be 100Nm, but pausing every few days to have a day in port and enjoy Ireland. The voyage would not have a fixed itinerary, but would be flexible as is often dictated by the weather, there will be no land based support crew, just ourselves to sort out fuel accommodation etc.

I have a 7m Coastline Rib which I took round Britain in 2011 see Take Two Ribs Looking to stay at B&Bs / Modest hotels, have a couple of beers in the evening and enjoy what will be a tough and demanding voyage. I also imagine we would use the voyage to help raise money for a good & worthy charitable cause.

So if this kind of trip appeals, you have access a suitable boat, and some spare time, please get in contact, a PM would be ideal. Hopefully its got you thinking !
Old 08 June 2015, 20:00   #2

Town: Looe - Plymouth
Boat name: Teal
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard Petrol 175
MMSI: 235087776
Round Ireland 2015 will now become Round Ireland 2016.

Despite interest from a few, no one has been able to match my dates, so I have decided to postpone plans for a year, and re-schedule the trip for summer 2016. Dates will be July / August 2016, and with a bit more notice I am sure we can get a good team together.
I will re-launch this over the winter, so "Watch This Space"