Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 30 April 2013, 21:11   #81
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,203
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I am fancying a trip up Loch Etive
PD wants to do Staffa
Also thought about Skerryvore light house.
Jesus Mick Skeeryvore is also one that you need good wx for!!
__________________

__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2013, 21:19   #82
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Jesus Mick Skeeryvore is also one that you need good wx for!!
Your talking BS here billy boy we dont worry about little things like the weather
__________________

__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2013, 21:36   #83
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,203
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Your talking BS here billy boy we dont worry about little things like the weather
Aye Tony but we are talking Atlantic here mate..............respect!!
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2013, 21:47   #84
Member
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post

Jesus Mick Skeeryvore is also one that you need good wx for!!
Only fancy it we won't be daft
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 08:32   #85
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: glasgow
Boat name: arriba
Make: marlin
Length: 7m +
Engine: suzuki 300
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 315
there are loads of places much closer that you can go to and have time to enjoy and explore
Duart castle has a jetty and coffee snack bar and a visit to castle is good
Loch Aline pontoons and resturant and coffee hut
Port Appin
Glen coe
loch Feochan
all short distances if weather / fuel a problem
these goals are achievable the rest is a huge bonus
enjoy the trip
We will try not to drink the bars dry before you get here
Launching tomoro itinerry prob easdale lunch,crinan beer, corry, greydogs, stop for coffee, back to marina for food and beer
then the same sort of thing for the next six days lifes hard
__________________
never miss an opportunity
dougcrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 17:17   #86
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,285
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcrock View Post
there are loads of places much closer that you can go to and have time to enjoy and explore
Duart castle has a jetty and coffee snack bar and a visit to castle is good
Loch Aline pontoons and resturant and coffee hut
Port Appin
Glen coe
loch Feochan
all short distances if weather / fuel a problem
these goals are achievable the rest is a huge bonus
enjoy the trip
We will try not to drink the bars dry before you get here
Launching tomoro itinerry prob easdale lunch,crinan beer, corry, greydogs, stop for coffee, back to marina for food and beer
then the same sort of thing for the next six days lifes hard
Cheers for that..Appreciate it if you Dont Run it Dry befor WE get there!
The Trip sounds Great!...have a Good One!
Good to look at all options,as we dont get up there Often..and if the Weather does play Ball.....could get One or Two off the Bucket List!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2013, 19:41   #87
Member
 
SeaSkills's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Oban (mostly)
Make: Ribcraft, Humber,BWM
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboards
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 632
Send a message via Skype™ to SeaSkills
Good to meet you guys at the weekend, if only briefly. Hope you had a good trip on Sunday

Ian
__________________
SEASKILLS TRAINING
Web; www.seaskills.co.uk
Email; info@seaskills.co.uk
Tel; 07525 012 013
SeaSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 13:29   #88
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,285
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Fishing Info

If Anyone can shed some light on Fishing Tactic's in the Oban Area...Bait.. Species.. Rigs..Especialy Marks-Area's ect.(Thinking more in terms of on the Bottom Fishing)-Plenty of Mac's a Herring last time)They would be most appreciated.Cheers.
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 13:36   #89
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,203
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
If Anyone can shed some light on Fishing Tactic's in the Oban Area...Bait.. Species.. Rigs..Especialy Marks-Area's ect.(Thinking more in terms of on the Bottom Fishing)-Plenty of Mac's a Herring last time)They would be most appreciated.Cheers.

Hi mathew give A1an a pm its his back door and he is a fisherman, will be keen to help.
B
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 14:43   #90
Member
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
If Anyone can shed some light on Fishing Tactic's in the Oban Area...Bait.. Species.. Rigs..Especialy Marks-Area's ect.(Thinking more in terms of on the Bottom Fishing)-Plenty of Mac's a Herring last time)They would be most appreciated.Cheers.
Bring some big end gear just incase you hook a 200lb skate from what I remember lots of dog fish about
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 17:19   #91
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,285
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Bring some big end gear just incase you hook a 200lb skate from what I remember lots of dog fish about
Skate too Big....(Pluss you have to return em!..Break the Barby else!) and Plenty of F***king ''DoGGIeS'' DOWN HERE!
Will take YOUR advice Billy.....
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 15:49   #92
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,631
RIBase
I'm might pop down with the boat at some point that week if thats OK? it'll be on my own as my crew member I had at the ERR has realised Ribs aren't for him.


Il keep an eye on this thread to see what you are all doing.
__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 16:03   #93
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,285
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1an View Post
I'm might pop down with the boat at some point that week if thats OK? it'll be on my own as my crew member I had at the ERR has realised Ribs aren't for him.


Il keep an eye on this thread to see what you are all doing.
That would be Great Alan...we can swap Shooting StoriesMore Local input the Better..!Jambo and Duncan will Hopefully be joining us too! I will pm you my Mobile Number.
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 16:27   #94
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,203
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
That would be Great Alan...we can swap Shooting StoriesMore Local input the Better..!Jambo and Duncan will Hopefully be joining us too! I will pm you my Mobile Number.

matthew do you mean Douglas? I know all these D names are similar
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 16:37   #95
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,079
Oban

Me and the boys (& Mrs B) are doing our usual Spring Bank weekend staying at Puffin so we might like to tag along on one of the days if ok. My first and only Ribnet gathering was Colonsay ,,,,
We were up and Easter and the sea gods were really kind. Tob one day including the compulsory Hispania and Mish and followed the next day with Iona and return via Corryvreckan and Grey Dogs on a good spring tide!
I have only managed Staffa once included as part of an 'around' Mull experience ,,,, fantastic if the weather is good
Will keep a look out for the BS's !!!
Jeff
__________________
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 16:40   #96
Member
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,337
now i am getting really jealous, some of the destinations sound brilliant, hope you all have a great trip, but leave a bit for me for next year
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 17:27   #97
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,083
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Me and the boys (& Mrs B) are doing our usual Spring Bank weekend staying at Puffin so we might like to tag along on one of the days if ok. My first and only Ribnet gathering was Colonsay ,,,,
We were up and Easter and the sea gods were really kind. Tob one day including the compulsory Hispania and Mish and followed the next day with Iona and return via Corryvreckan and Grey Dogs on a good spring tide!
I have only managed Staffa once included as part of an 'around' Mull experience ,,,, fantastic if the weather is good
Will keep a look out for the BS's !!!
Jeff

It'd be great to have you along & join up again Jeff. I've just got my diving gear back from servicing, I've not been in the water for 3 years so need to break myself in gently, what could possibly go wrong
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 17:55   #98
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
It'd be great to have you along & join up again Jeff. I've just got my diving gear back from servicing, I've not been in the water for 3 years so need to break myself in gently, what could possibly go wrong
I was so looking forward to this Dave, but as you know i now have my hands full for a few weeks no other lady would stop me from ribbing apart from this little un
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0490.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	79928  
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 17:58   #99
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,203
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
I was so looking forward to this Dave, but as you know i now have my hands full for a few weeks no other lady would stop me from ribbing apart from this little un

She looks really nice TT can fully understand
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 18:04   #100
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,631
RIBase
That's the way I like my Labs, a nice square head, not the snipey looking things that seem to be about these days.
__________________

__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 13:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.