Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Upcoming RIB cruises
Click Here to Login

Old 24 November 2020, 11:39   #21

Town: Chelmsford
Length: 4m +
Yes I am up for it. Looking forward to meeting you all especially GuyC AKA the Keyboard Brave.

I wonder what the C stands for is his name
Old 24 November 2020, 19:25   #22

Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Duma
Make: Shearwater Cutter
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 200hp
We'll be there! Accommodation booking carried over from this years cancellation. Can't wait
Old 25 November 2020, 14:34   #23

Town: Frinton-on-Sea
Boat name: RibRoulete
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 150 FBW
MMSI: 232043399
I don't know the area, I'll be coming up in the van. Is there any camping near by or pub car parks that are accommodating?
Old 25 November 2020, 17:31   #24

Town: Dunblane
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
Yes I am up for it. Looking forward to meeting you all especially GuyC AKA the Keyboard Brave.

I wonder what the C stands for is his name
Covid ! Its been in the news a bit of late.
Old 28 November 2020, 11:55   #25

Town: Cirencester
Boat name: Whistler/Flying Fish
Make: Avon SR4 / Excel XHD
Engine: O/B 50hp / 20hp
MMSI: 232029831/232027528
Where are people intending to stay for this? I’m looking at booking an air bnb or something but want to be close by if possible. Or is it better to camp?
Old 28 November 2020, 12:43   #26

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
we have booked static caravans on the island of luing there right by the waters edge and easdale is only 10 mins by sea
Old 28 November 2020, 14:35   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
we have booked static caravans on the island of luing there right by the waters edge and easdale is only 10 mins by sea
Great, just booked up a caravan. Only dates are from the Tuesday to Monday 2nd but that’s fine by me, an extra couple of days cruising the islands is no hardship.

See you there all ����
Old 20 January 2021, 19:03   #28

Town: Easdale
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Length: 10m +
Engine: Outboard
An Update

Running Seafari Adventures we are keeping a close eye on what government are saying and what the tourism industry believes what may happen. At the moment the industry is not expecting to be fully open by Easter. There is a great deal of speculation that tourism in Scotland will be open in some reasonable form by Whitsun (end May). We are hoping tentative opening of tourism will commence end April/beginning of May.
No dates are fixed. There had been speculation that everything would be open fully by Easter but our current view is this may be optimistic.
For Seafari, we will have boats on trailers ready to launch immediately we think we can operate.
ERR - we will keep everyone updated

Please note - Carolyn is currently locked down in her house in Spain desperate to get back to Easdale. She will be swapping the sunshine and blue skies of Spain for the blue skies (today only) of Easdale. There is a huge temperature difference.

Tony
Old 23 February 2021, 16:11   #29

well reading what Nicola has planned looks like there is a possibility this might still go ahead fingers crossed everyone
Old 04 March 2021, 08:19   #30

Hoping so, I'm planning to travel up on Tuesday 27th, going back Monday 3rd. Hoping this gives a good weather window, may even wild camp a couple of days from the boat.
Old 04 March 2021, 16:24   #31

The current situation in Scotland is the government is likely to keep everything closed until at least 26th April.
For this reason the Easdale RIB Rendezvous 2021 is cancelled.
We are however aware that many who booked accommodation for 2020 rebooked for 2021. We are unsure whether self catering accommodation will be open. If it is, some providers may not be prepared to offer refunds. Should self catering accommodation be open we estimate people will head to Easdale and bring their boats. In this instance it would be irresponsible for Seafari not to offer guidance and advice to those bringing their RIBs.
Seafari will offer a number of suitable options to those wishing to go boating. With options we avoid landing at a village with a crowd of boats. We just need to be considerate of small communities and conscious of the social distance regulations.
We do not see pubs, hotels and cafes being open indoors.
If allowed, Seafari will open its Motorhome overnight parking site. If it is open, there is nothing to stop people bringing their BBQs.
To date Nicola Sturgeon has not given any clear indication where in the scheme of things the release tourism stands.
We will keep everyone updated as best as possible.
Old 04 March 2021, 16:27   #32

Town: Frinton-on-Sea
Boat name: RibRoulete
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 150 FBW
MMSI: 232043399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeafariCarolyn View Post
The current situation in Scotland is the government is likely to keep everything closed until at least 26th April.
We are however aware that many who booked accommodation for 2020 rebooked for 2021. We are unsure whether self catering accommodation will be open. If it is, some providers may not be prepared to offer refunds. Should self catering accommodation be open we estimate people will head to Easdale and bring their boats. In this instance it would be irresponsible for Seafari not to offer guidance and advice to those bringing their RIBs.
Seafari will offer a number of suitable options to those wishing to go boating. With options we avoid landing at a village with a crowd of boats. We just need to be considerate of small communities and conscious of the social distance regulations.
If allowed, Seafari will open its Motorhome overnight parking site. If it is open, there is nothing to stop people bringing their BBQs.
To date Nicola Sturgeon has not given any clear indication where in the scheme of things the release tourism stands.
A sad but sensible approach.
If permitted & appropriate I would be coming up in my van and like the idea of BBQ in a car park.
Old 05 March 2021, 06:41   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeafariCarolyn View Post

Terribly sad but completely understandable. I have a static caravan booked on Luing, the site owner is hopeful that they can open. If so my eldest Son and I may still come with my RIB and cruise the local lochs and uninhabited islands keeping away from populated areas where possible, maybe wild camp from the boat a couple of days if conditions allow.
Old 06 March 2021, 07:08   #34

if Mikes allowed to open we will be on Luing too
Old 06 March 2021, 17:56   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
if Mikes allowed to open we will be on Luing too
My charts and pilot books for the trip arrived today, I think we have decided that we will still come as long as the weather / conditions are favourable and the caravan site is allowed to open.

We are thinking of staying to the sheltered waters and lochs and exploring them, with a couple of tents and overnight kit on board just in case we decide to camp a night or two, and use the caravan as a ‘home base’.

I think the point Carolyn makes about descending on small villages ‘en mass’ is a good one which is why we are going to do it as per above and keep ourselves to ourselves as much as possible.

Just one question, does anyone have suggestions of where is best to get fuel for the boat? I will have a 43l tank on board plus 2x 26l portable tanks. With my setup that’s enough for a good 2 -3 days use but obviously want to have all bases covered.

Thanks all.
Old 06 March 2021, 19:02   #36

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Fill up at Tesco Oban
Old 06 March 2021, 19:14   #37

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
Fill up at Tesco Oban

Worth getting a Tesco rewards card if you've not got one!...especially if you do the miles we do

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 March 2021, 06:02   #38

Town: Easdale
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Engine: Outboard
Fuel and other information around Easdale

As Carolyn has mentioned we at Seafari will be pleased to offer advice. Fuel being an example. It really depends on where you are heading. Islands have varied supplies.
Take Craighouse Jura as an example. You can get petrol 12 noon to 1400 Tuesdays and Fridays only.
Port Askaig Islay - if the shop is shut call into the hotel and someone generally opens up.

The response to Covid varies on islands. Visiting Colonsay last summer GAVIN at The Pantry welcomed everyone but outside. The shop at some points would not serve people arriving by boat.

RIBs May like to consider heading out in pairs for safety reasons. There’s not much boat traffic about at the moment.

We await the next statement by Nicola Sturgeon 15th March

Tony
Old 07 March 2021, 07:45   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Hill View Post
As Carolyn has mentioned we at Seafari will be pleased to offer advice. Fuel being an example. It really depends on where you are heading. Islands have varied supplies.
Take Craighouse Jura as an example. You can get petrol 12 noon to 1400 Tuesdays and Fridays only.
Port Askaig Islay - if the shop is shut call into the hotel and someone generally opens up.

The response to Covid varies on islands. Visiting Colonsay last summer GAVIN at The Pantry welcomed everyone but outside. The shop at some points would not serve people arriving by boat.

RIBs May like to consider heading out in pairs for safety reasons. There’s not much boat traffic about at the moment.

Tony
Thanks for this, most helpful.

Staying on Luing as base, we were thinking of exploring Loch Melfort, Loch Feochan (heading up to Oban through Kerrera Sound), Shuna Sound, Loch Shuna, Down to Craignsih and Loch Craignish up to Ardfern, and down to Crinan.

I thought about this plan so that there are opportunities for possible refuelling at Oban, Craobh Marina, Ardfern Marina and Crinan.

But would welcome gratefully any suggestions for alternatives. Obviously I can see the above would be weather dependent especially with a good SW blowing.

Not in any hurry to get to the various locations, more interested in soaking up the scenery and atmosphere, hence hoping to arrive on the 27th to give us Wed-Sun to potter about.
Old 07 March 2021, 07:58   #40

Tony[/QUOTE]

we are a party of 6 in 3 ribs so have that one covered .sladonians you would be welcome to tag along with us .if not we could keep each party informed of our plans and would only be a vhf call away should you have any problems

Tags
rib