Town: Cirencester
Boat name: Whistler/Flying Fish
Make: Avon SR4 / Excel XHD
Length: 4m +
Engine: O/B 50hp / 20hp
MMSI: 232029831/232027528
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
RIBs May like to consider heading out in pairs for safety reasons. There’s not much boat traffic about at the moment.

We await the next statement by Nicola Sturgeon 15th March

Tony
we are a party of 6 in 3 ribs so have that one covered .sladonians you would be welcome to tag along with us .if not we could keep each party informed of our plans and would only be a vhf call away should you have any problems[/QUOTE]

That’s very kind of you thank you. I am going to chart my plans based loosely on the above this week. I think I may take up your kind offer if we decide to head up to Oban or anywhere too far away from shelter. But also will definitely share plans and MMSI number, and keep in touch via VHF both out of interest and safety courtesy.

Old 17 March 2021, 13:44   #42

Town: Lymington
Boat name: Watershed
Make: RIB no tubes !
Length: 8m +
Engine: Single diesel
Mornin' all, following the statement by Nicola Sturgeon I'm not sure that Scotland will be accepting folk travelling across the border on 26th April, she said "tourist accommodation will re-open" but also said "travel within mainland Scotland will be allowed". Maybe the next statement on 5th April will clarify ? Any thoughts?
Old 17 March 2021, 17:27   #43
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watershed View Post
Mornin' all, following the statement by Nicola Sturgeon I'm not sure that Scotland will be accepting folk travelling across the border on 26th April, she said "tourist accommodation will re-open" but also said "travel within mainland Scotland will be allowed". Maybe the next statement on 5th April will clarify ? Any thoughts?
She said in her speech (but its not in the official document) that she hoped to lift restrictions on travel to the rest of the UK "round about the same time". It will obviously depend on:
- progress with vaccination (the 26th April date for travel within mainland Scotland assumes all 9 priority groups have been vaccinated by mid-April - so its starting to take effect before movement is permitted).
- infection rates in Scotland
- infection rates in England/Wales/NI
- prevalence of new strains in E/W/NI
- E/W/NI policy on international travel/quarantine

I've just seen a news headline about vaccine supply limits in April - so that fundamental assumption may be uncertain. But I think we probably will see the internal Scottish relaxation happen then. My personal gut feel is they will wait till after the English bank holiday to relax cross UK travel to minimise the explosive impact on the rural areas of reopening everything at once, and probably open to England the following weekend.

Note that travel is only to mainland Scotland - so Mull, Colonsay, Jura, Islay etc may not be permitted, presumably to protect rural populations where if you need a ventilator you will need a helicopter.
Old 27 March 2021, 13:48   #44

Length: 10m +
For information, we have received this communication from Liza Linton at RYA Scotland :

Firstly, in terms of cancelling your event, with all the guidance continuously changing it is probably disappointing but the right decision.

Secondly, in terms of the people still wishing to travel and have a weekend away with their boat, there are some things you may wish to share with those who are thinking about it. Ultimately it will be down to the individuals to make their own decisions following the Scottish Government guidance.

Leisure boating on your own vessel is allowed, however you are unable to share vessels with another household at this time unless you can follow the gathering rules and maintain 2m physical distancing at all times, which can be difficult on most RIBs/boats.
Small groups of people can congregate with their own boats and undertake their leisure activity together but as said, this needs to link to household gatherings i.e. from 26th April = up to 6 people from up to 3 households outdoors.

In terms of those who have accommodation booked, then accessing the West Coast of Scotland is the first area to think about. The indicative date that people in Scotland are allowed to travel out with their Local Authority is 26th April and so travelling should be fine as long as the ‘numbers & data’ keep going the right way. If there are any people who are from out with Scotland then at the moment there is no confirmed date for when the non-essential travel ban from Scotland to the rest of the UK and beyond will be lifted. https://www.gov.scot/publications/co.../pages/travel/
Travel within the mainland will hopefully be allowed (26th April), however there is no confirmation yet that there will be access to the islands. I know the participants in the Rendezvous often go to Mull and Colonsay but they are currently in ‘different levels to the mainland’ and it is not known if they will be ‘open’ to visitors by the 30th April 2021 and so wouldn’t be accessible by boat (individuals or groups).
Tourist Accommodation will be opening up from 26th April, however self catering will be restricted in line with indoor gatherings (which is not allowed in ‘homes’ until 17th May) and so it is presumed that two households cannot share accommodation (still awaiting an update in the tourism & hospitality guidance https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...ctor-guidance/.)

Finally, it is great to see that you have some plans to help spread people out should they venture to Easdale for the weekend and I hope that this information also helps. Do not hesitate to get in touch if James or I can help you further.
Old 27 March 2021, 16:01   #45

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
thanks for our party it all depends on being able to travel into Scotland from England then onto Luing .which is looking doubtful. we meet all other criteria
Old 14 April 2021, 22:07   #46

Town: Frinton-on-Sea
Boat name: RibRoulete
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 150 FBW
MMSI: 232043399
Any updates following on from the Wee Cranky's update?
Old 15 April 2021, 00:25   #47
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill View Post
Any updates following on from the Wee Cranky's update?
If it helps at all:

1. There's no change to crossing Scotland/English border yet but expected to be permitted from 26th.
2. The relaxation announced yesterday (which comes into play this weekend) took most people by surprise. I've been told via another sport (who have been liaising with SportScotland) that there are no changes to organised sport/recreation and the end of April remains the date for doing that.
3. If that is the first weekend that the M74 has been open to social visitors heading north, expect the roads to be chaos. There's some ambiguity around exactly what is allowed from this weekend, so even within Scotland it could be the first chance many have to get out and about.
4. You'll find that whilst you will find people who find your "wee cranky" reference amusing when you are here, you will also find people who will take offence, and plenty more who will just think you are a bit of tit.
Old 15 April 2021, 05:39   #48

we are waiting with baited breath but its looking promising that we will be afloat in the area from the 29th for a week
Old 15 April 2021, 08:12   #49

Town: Frinton-on-Sea
Boat name: RibRoulete
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 150 FBW
MMSI: 232043399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
If it helps at all:

1. There's no change to crossing Scotland/English border yet but expected to be permitted from 26th.
2. The relaxation announced yesterday (which comes into play this weekend) took most people by surprise. I've been told via another sport (who have been liaising with SportScotland) that there are no changes to organised sport/recreation and the end of April remains the date for doing that.
3. If that is the first weekend that the M74 has been open to social visitors heading north, expect the roads to be chaos. There's some ambiguity around exactly what is allowed from this weekend, so even within Scotland it could be the first chance many have to get out and about.
4. You'll find that whilst you will find people who find your "wee cranky" reference amusing when you are here, you will also find people who will take offence, and plenty more who will just think you are a bit of tit.
Sorry didn't realise you where related I missed the memo where political humour was now prohibited good job I saw that before Borris was mentioned.
Old 15 April 2021, 12:22   #50

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
I don't know whether it should be Nicola or WJK who should be more offended.

Hopefully the weather will behave itself and the midge won't make an early appearance.

I'm trusting that we'll get our summer holidays in before the next wave!
Old 16 April 2021, 08:14   #51
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill View Post
Sorry didn't realise you where related I missed the memo where political humour was now prohibited good job I saw that before Borris was mentioned.
Go and read the site rules which you accepted when you signed up: https://www.rib.net/forum/misc.php?d...ork&page=rules

ALL politics, not just "humour" is forbidden.

I was actually trying to make it less likely that someone takes offence when you are in striking distance!
Old 17 April 2021, 14:12   #52

For those heading this way in a couple of weeks time ..... as you know the official event has been cancelled but you may be interested to know The Colonsay Pantry will be open and will welcome you but please note :

They are a wee bit short-staffed at the moment so please be patient !

Small groups are ok, please don't arrive en-masse - they have very strict Covid guidelines in place.

If you are wanting any food please pre-order or use their online ordering app (details to follow) then it will all be organised for you to sit outside in the lovely weather (here's hoping !).
Old 17 April 2021, 14:48   #53

never mind the food ill settle for the lovely weather i could do with losing a few stone anyway
Old 19 April 2021, 12:15   #54

For anyone heading our way next weekend ....... A wee message from Dawn and Lyden at The Oyster Bar for you ...
"We will be open and operating under strict Covid measures as per last year.
Indoors- no alcohol permitted.
Outdoors- alcohol allowed, pray for good weather.
Indoor availability is very limited now with many bookings already in place. Patrons need to be physically outside by 8pm.
Therefore 6:30 would be the latest we could do thereafter we can do takeaways around 730pm.
Slots available 5-6:30pm.
Pre-ordering helpful for time restraints for indoors if weather is not kind. Menu can be issued few days prior.
Please email dawn@oysterbareasdale.com
Facebook message @oysterbareasdale to make a booking/s or any other queries.
Rest assured we will always do our best to accommodate where possible!
Please weather gods be kind!"
Old 19 April 2021, 15:03   #55

Hi everyone - some potential suggestions for routes if you are thinking of heading up next weekend. Please remember to adhere to all local Covid regulations and if possible, please do not arrive anywhere "en-masse". I'm sure everyone will be very respectful of the local communities they visit.

1. Colonsay and Oronsay - food options would be The Pantry at Scalasaig, please pre-order online.

2. Gigha, Jura, MacCormaig Islands - food options, The Boathouse will be open on Gigha (book in advance, booking available via their website). At Craighouse the Jura hotel may be open depending on weather conditions - book in advance.

3. Crinan - the Crinan hotel will be open for lunch but they advise calling beforehand.

4. Oban - obviously will be open but berthing at the pontoons can be costly (in region of £12).

5. Lismore / Port Appin - The Pierhouse Restaurant will be open - advanced booking recommended.

6. Tobermory will be open giving you a range of food options.
Old 27 April 2021, 21:14   #56

Town: Beith
Make: Flatacraft-Avon SR4
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
I thought if you were visiting the islands you had to have a lateral flow test in hand before visiting.
Old 27 April 2021, 22:14   #57

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Too anybody heading up this way this week ,then all the best have a good time and stay safe ..........enjoy .
Old 28 April 2021, 05:38   #58

we are heading up tomorrow heres hoping the weather brightens up
Old 28 April 2021, 08:30   #59

Everyone is "encouraged" to have a LFT before visiting the islands ...

This from NHS Western Isles ...

To reduce the risk of COVID-19 being brought into island communities by people who are unaware they are infectious, the Scottish Government is encouraging anyone planning to travel to a Scottish island from Monday April 26, to test before they travel.

Rapid Flow Tests (LFT) can be ordered for delivery to your home anywhere in the UK and they should arrive within 24-48 hours.

Those travelling are asked to test three days before you plan to travel and then again on the day of departure. If you are positive, this would allow you to self-isolate and book a PCR test.

Pre-departure testing is intended for anyone travelling from the mainland, to capture travel from higher prevalence to lower prevalence areas. However with the expansion in the availability of LFTs to everyone in Scotland from Monday, anyone travelling to or from the islands is encouraged to test themselves, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Please note that if your LFT result is negative, this is not a guarantee that you do not have COVID-19. You must continue to follow national and local restrictions, including FACTS guidance. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, you must self-isolate and book a PCR test through your Health Board/Trust.

NHS Western Isles and Comhairle nan Eilean Siar would strongly encourage you to participate in this scheme in order to reduce the risk that you inadvertently carry coronavirus into one of our island communities.

To order tests before travel, visit: https://test-for-coronavirus.service...eral-flow-kits

If you do not have internet access you can book a test delivery by calling 0300 303 2713 (charged at your standard network rate).
Old 02 May 2021, 13:18   #60

Town: Isle of Lewis
Boat name: Macleod Special
Make: Ceasar Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 70ces
RIBase
Not all mine but some shots from Friday/Saturday

Tags
rib