Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Upcoming RIB cruises
Click Here to Login

Old 10 February 2020, 13:30   #21

Length: 10m +
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/10795...3qrFKQ15E%2Fyb

Interesting place to stay down at Cuan ferry if anyone still looking - I thought I had seen motorhome standings there but can't see any mention on here and it was a while ago I was last down there ....
Old 10 February 2020, 14:01   #22

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
a few years back 2008 we stayed at ardencaple house cottages they have a pontoon launch is off the beach very good and solid he did have people camp there at times might be worth contacting him [nick ] if you grid reference finder the post code you can see the house and pontoon.

https://www.192.com/address/details/...encaple+house/
Old 10 February 2020, 14:41   #23

Town: Christchurch
Engine: Outboard
Looking forward to meeting you all for what I'm sure will be a fab weekend

A Powerful Offering from Berthon Power & Gemini RIBs

Berthon Power, the sole UK & Eire distributors of both the Cox Powertrain 300hp diesel outboard & Gemini RIBs, are pleased to announce they will be attending the Easdale RIB Rendezvous in May 2020.

They will be presenting the world’s first 300hp diesel outboard, installed on board a commercial quality Gemini Waverider 780 RIB and fitted with Shock Mitigation Seating from SHOX. This combination showcases the very latest in outboard engine technology, on board the Gemini RIB, providing a versatile vessel ideal for a range of users.

Simon Barnett of Berthon Power explains:

“Easdale RIB Rendezvous provides us with the perfect opportunity to introduce both the CXO300 Diesel outboard engine and Gemini RIBs to the adventure leisure and commercial sectors in Scotland.

We expect the combination of a hard wearing British-built RIB - paired with a sophisticated diesel outboard engine - to be an appealing combination in an area where rough sea conditions and guaranteed access to petrol can be challenging.

The RIB and Engine we will showcase are exceptionally strong, and have an unparalleled range when compared to petrol alternatives.

We are therefore pleased to offer sea trials of our Gemini WR780 & Cox combination to as many interested people as possible throughout the weekend, whilst exploring the beautiful coast of Scotland.”

The Waverider & Cox combination is available to all for sea trials at the Easdale rendezvous. Trials can be customised to witness the RIB in action through various conditions, and we look forward to demonstrating its remarkable capabilities. Give us a call to book via the contact details below.

Simon is the UK & Ireland Sales Manager for Berthon Power and is available at Simon.barnett@berthon.co.uk or by calling 01590 647 448. Andy Andrews is the Sales Manager for Gemini RIBs and can be reached at Andy.andrews@berthon.co.uk or by calling 01590 647 404.

All queries and questions are welcomed.

We look forward to seeing you at the rendezvous![/QUOTE]
Old 12 February 2020, 14:19   #24

Town: Lancaster
Boat name: Sisu
Make: Brig
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
MMSI: 235912526
Hope this isn’t a silly question to the 2020 or 2021 Easdale Rib Rendezvous.

I have a 4m Searider. Would it be suitable for the journeys made on this trip?

I see some large powerful craft and couldn’t keep up with them in anything other than flat calm conditions. But do enjoy exploring the West Coast in my little SR4 as often as I can.

Hopefully join you all one day in this trip [emoji1303] in whatever rib I have at the time [emoji1].
Old 12 February 2020, 14:33   #25
RIBnet supporter

Town: Poole
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzago View Post

I see some large powerful craft and couldn’t keep up with them in anything other than flat calm conditions. But do enjoy exploring the West Coast in my little SR4 as often as I can.

Hopefully join you all one day in this trip [emoji1303] in whatever rib I have at the time [emoji1].
This year we'll probably be in our 4.7 Searider, so if the weather's not too bad a 4m should be ok.
Old 12 February 2020, 14:35   #26

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:

i did one in my mercury 365 gaz but you have to judge sea conditions if its flat calm you'll keep up with the rest for sure
Old 13 February 2020, 15:33   #27

Town: Lancaster
Boat name: Sisu
Make: Brig
Engine: Suzuki DF50
MMSI: 235912526
Thanks for the info guys [emoji1303]

Might see you there sometime.
Old 25 February 2020, 15:39   #28

Please find below some details for this year’s event – we look forward to welcoming quite a few newcomers this year.

**IMPORTANT** - Please note that camping or the parking of motor homes on the land formally known as Highland Arts is no longer an option.

Tides are NEAPS.
Times are Oban and BST.
Fri 1ST May – HW 1320 – 2.7m, LW 1910 – 1.6m
Sat 2ND May – LW 0834 – 1.7m, HW 1518 – 2.9m, LW 2027 – 1.4m
Sun 3RD May – LW 0950 – 1.4m, HW 1612 – 3.2m

PLEASE NOTE COASTGUARD AREAS. All VHF traffic from the northernmost point of Jura (including the Corryvreckan) heading north is STORNOWAY Coastguard. All VHF traffic from the north tip of Jura southwards is BELFAST Coastguard.

Please can all participants register when they arrive at the Seafari Ticket Office.
PLEASE NOTE – HARBOUR CHARGES FOR EASDALE HARBOUR ARE £10 A NIGHT PER BOAT. THE FUNDS RAISED FROM THESE CHARGES ARE DONATED TO THE ISLAND TRUST FOR MUCH NEEDED PROJECTS ON EASDALE ISLAND.
HARBOUR FEES – which go Eilean Eisdeal, the local Community Trust.
£10 per night, £50 per week. The decision for 2020 is to ask all attending to place monies in the honesty boxes. One is located within the Seafari Ticket Office. The other is a white metal box on the end of the ferryshed on Easdale Island. Many thanks.

Friday 1st May 2020
For those arriving ‘early’ take a short shakedown cruise to some of the local islands. Meet at Easdale - Postcode PA34 4TB. This postcode takes you to the mainland harbour. RIBs to around 6.5m. Please organise your boat ready to launch before accessing the beach. Once launched do not tie to the ferry slip, use the beach, the pier end wall or better still, head to the harbour at Easdale Island 200m away. A member of the ERR team should be on hand to assist and guide you. Parking is available and you will be directed to the car park allocated.
The Oyster Bar (Telephone 01852 300121) in Ellenabeich. Meals available (1700 – 2100). Please phone to make a reservation.
The Puffer Bar (Telephone 01852 300022) on Easdale Island. Meals available from 1800. Please phone to make a reservation.
Booking is advised at both. Please consider bestowing your presence in one establishment on one night and the other establishment the other night as both The Oyster and The Puffer are worth a visit!

Saturday 2nd May 2020
Subject to weather the intention is to head to Erraid on the SW corner of Mull. It is important the weather conditions are suitable for all. Would I take my grandson in my 5.4m Searider is the question I will ask myself.
Seafari’s accompanying RIB will depart Easdale 0930 heading along the south coast of Mull arriving Erraid circa 1045/1100. Erraid is steeped in history. Stevenson’s Lighthouses, Robert Louis Stevenson and Kidnapped, David Balfour’s Bay. The Hanging stone. It is part of The Findhorn Foundation. Please Google and be respectful of the aims and objectives of the foundation. Tie up alongside the old Northern Lighthouse Board Pier. To just zoom down the Ross of Mull does not do the area justice. If the weather is kind there are opportunities to land on beaches which should be in the Caribbean. Worth a Google search.
Iona is a stone’s throw away. Please note you cannot leave boats alongside the pier. The slip is used by passenger boats to Iona. Toilets and café at the top of the pier, the abbey etc. Anchor off.
Bunessan and Fionnphort are also nearby. Staffa and Fingal’s Cave are 20 minutes from Iona. Lunga Nature Reserve Treshnish isles 30 mins from Iona. The Boathouse, Ulva is also good for food.
Lots of options BUT CARRY ENOUGH FUEL. Should some decide on a circumnavigation of Mull it is 100 miles plus any deviations. Petrol at Tobermory if necessary on the way around.
SHOULD YOU VISIT LUNGA. Please note Lunga is a nature reserve. Please do not take your boats close to the seabird cliffs. If boats scare puffins, guillemots etc. from the cliffs the gulls swoop in and take chicks and eggs. There is a landing spot where we can get our 11m RIB alongside but please ask for advice.
As usual if the weather is poor we will have a Plan B
CHANGE TO VHF SAFETY PROCEDURE – The Seafari Office no longer listens in on Channel 77 or 16. We suggest the following – the Seafari cabin RIB (Celtic Voyager) will be listening in to both Channel 16 and 77. Participants wishing to check in/out should do so with Stornoway Coastguard who have been informed of the change. If you need assistance just shout on Channel 77 and hopefully someone on ERR will hear you. You can always telephone Seafari Ticket Office 01852 300003 and they will contact our boats.
The Oyster Bar (Telephone 01852 300121) in Ellenabeich. Meals available (1700 – 2100). Please phone to make a reservation.
The Puffer Bar (Telephone 01852 300022) on Easdale Island will be having one of their popular Seafood Buffet evenings - £35.00 a head including dessert (Booking is essential and £10pp deposit required) - Please phone to make a reservation – these evenings tend to sell out very quickly.
Booking is advised at both. Please consider bestowing your presence in one establishment on one night and the other establishment the other night as both The Oyster and The Puffer are worth a visit!

Sunday 3rd May 2020
A more relaxed day. START 1000. The thought is to visit Eileach an Naiomh on The Garvellachs. Columba may have established Iona 562AD but Brendan came to Eileach an Naiomh 542AD. Brendan was also known as Brendan The Navigator, another Google search.
In the meantime if you have any queries or concerns please contact Carolyn in the Seafari Ticket Office on 01852 300003.
Old 28 February 2020, 23:49   #29

Town: Cirencester
Boat name: Whistler/Flying Fish
Make: Avon SR4 / Excel XHD
Engine: O/B 50hp / 20hp
MMSI: 232029831/232027528
For anyone still looking for accommodation, I booked 2 cottages on Easedale however my party will be smaller than originally planned therefore we can all fit in the larger of the cottages leaving one up for grabs.

Deposit is already paid, just the balance to pay for anyone who’s interested. Drop me a PM and I’ll send the details. Booked from Thursday night to Sunday morning.
Old 29 February 2020, 11:34   #30

Thanks re: cottage availability - have also shared on facebook, I will let you have contact details if anyone responds. I have your email address from registration.
Old 29 February 2020, 14:16   #31

Thanks re: cottage availability - have also shared on facebook, I will let you have contact details if anyone responds. I have your email address from registration.

.... Someone on FB asking for price and how many bedrooms ?
Old 29 February 2020, 16:14   #32

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Gaffer, Ocean Devil
Make: Avon Deluxe,Scorpion
Engine: Yamaha 90, 6LP
I would like to take it, can you tell me who to contact if still available. Thanks
Old 29 February 2020, 21:31   #33
kev

Town: Clackmannanshire
Boat name: SEAMATE
Make: Avon
Engine: 40 hp 2 Stroke
Quote:

I've been about 3 times over the past 10 years in a 4 meter Searider and plan on going this year.
Old 29 February 2020, 21:54   #34

Hi,

It has 1 double bedroom and another double bed on a mezzanine. I have paid £134 deposit leaving another £134 to pay. Link to the property is here

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7855059

If you PM me I’ll give you the details. I can contact the host and transfer it over.
Old 03 March 2020, 10:27   #35

Sladonians - I have emailed you with some contact details of someone who wants cottage - is it still available ?
Old 03 March 2020, 13:46   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeafariCarolyn View Post
Sladonians - I have emailed you with some contact details of someone who wants cottage - is it still available ?
Hi Carolyn, the cottage has now been taken up I'm afraid.

Thanks though,
Old 14 March 2020, 11:31   #37

Hi everyone -

Seafari is open for business, The Puffer is open for business, The Oyster is open for business. Holiday accommodations are open for business ...... but, we are questioning whether we should be seen to be encouraging a "gathering" at this time with everything that is going on. I think everyone should make their own decision if they feel it wise to head up and join us this year. You may prefer to stay at home and wait until next year and we fully understand if that is your decision.

Having said that, Tony is likely to be taking a boat out somewhere on Saturday 2nd May and if anyone else happened to be in the area with their boat and wanted to join him in the lovely fresh air they would be very welcome. The sea is still there, the tides are still flowing and ebbing, the seascapes are still stunning, the air is still clean and the beer is still flowing in the Oyster and Puffer .....
Old 14 March 2020, 15:20   #38

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225 optimax
I’m hoping to self isolate on my boat at Easdale [emoji1][emoji106] keeping at least a metre from all other boats
Old 14 March 2020, 16:01   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick View Post
I’m hoping to self isolate on my boat at Easdale [emoji1][emoji106] keeping at least a metre from all other boats
Old 14 March 2020, 17:47   #40

Town: Acharacle
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175
I suspect we'll be in the vicinity... unless they close the border.

Tags
rib