Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Upcoming RIB cruises
Click Here to Login

Old 06 December 2010, 13:46   #101

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Good point Biff - lets be honest the boat business I am sure does not pay great wages to the guys who drive the forklifts , £200 odd quid must cover it!!

Is it just profiteering on the basis of 'its an expensive boat therefore he must have the money'

On a seperate note RIBSHOP have come through again - email last night, call from Kieron 1st thing this morning and arranged for Wednesday morning. Going to run the boat up a versadock for easier access- should be a laugh as never used one before so hope I dont break anything else & hope Nestor is not too heavy for the one in mind .

PS - cant we have a 'Well done' section like was suggested before ?
Old 06 December 2010, 16:45   #102

Town: Southampton
Length: 5m +
Engine: Classic BlueBandMerc
Hi Biff, thanks for the question and coming from you I know there is no malice. Steve is on a winter storage only package and for that he got a free lift out when the boat arrived, free rinse and scrub, and will get a free launch in the Spring. He only pays for the storage and being the top guy that he is paid it upfront - I wish all customers were like that. Our trade tariff is £10.63 per meter per lift plus vat - which may seem expensive to alot of Ribneters but lets not forget this is a 9m boat. We are not the cheapest in the area nor are we anywhere near the most expensive but we are trying to provide the best service (sorry JK, not trying to turn this into an advert).

Steve - sorry if we have miscommunicated your needs.

Joe

ps: Biff - have you been on Oxo's Xmas do yet? Got any Photos?
Old 06 December 2010, 17:12   #103

Length: 7m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
If only it showed how unbelievably cold it was......

Was surprised when Mark called when I stopped in Yarmouth. Did you guys stop as we thought you were way in front of us after we dropped Steve off..
Yes we stopped because we felt bad we were way in front of you and I called because I had forgotten you were going into Yarmouth for fuel so we were just checking all was well and there were no problems. Just being safe. You certainly made the time up, I was doing 34Knots on the way back and you arrived just a minute or so after I dropped NOS at Poole Town Quay.
Old 06 December 2010, 18:40   #104

Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Mrs A and I would also like to say how much we enjoyed the day and thank Steve for organising it and Pete for the ride in his boat. We didn't get a proper chance to say 'Goodbye' to everyone (everyone was more concerned about making sure they were wrapped up properly against the cold!) so take the opportunity to do so now and to wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Without wishing to duplicate things, here are a few additional photos - the latter being the approach to Yarmouth on the way back:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0587.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	55981   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0588.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	55982   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0589.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	55983  
Old 06 December 2010, 18:52   #105

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
ps: Biff - have you been on Oxo's Xmas do yet? Got any Photos? [/quote]

i didn't go this year, i'm all pole danced out, they did find another good place in high wycombe, the one in vauxhall is closed down, someone murdered the land lady, i'll come and see you soon, biff
Old 06 December 2010, 19:28   #106

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
A couple of short films I took on Nestor:

Poole to Cowes

Cowes to Poole

Old 07 December 2010, 01:34   #107

Town: reading&st.davids.
Boat name: scaramouche
Make: osprey eagle 5.6
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 yam outboard/4hp
MMSI: 235082768
Send a message via Yahoo to tumbleweed41
folly in the fog

A big thank you to trevor g and his daughter for offering me a spare seat.I had a very good day although very cold at times,the food was excellent and everyone friendly.Very interesting trip back in the thick fog making it a trip to remember but we were guided expertly back by markB and his crew and with trevor G at the helm we made a safe run home.(we did dodge a couple of tankers from what i could see but one was tied up so all okay!)
Best christmas wishes to all and i'll expect to see you all in january.Regards,Chris.

P.s.Thanks to steve for his original offer of a lift.I'm sorry that it worked out too expensive to get the boat out but you still made it over