Old 17 September 2018, 14:25   #1

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
A jolly on a Parker

I would like to invite at least 5 RibNet members on a trip to the Needles or perhaps round the Isle of Wight on Saturday 22 September on my demo rib a Parker 800 Baltic . We meet at 9 AM at Southampton Dry Stack. Lifejackets will be provided and these were only serviced at the end of June 2018 or you can bring your own.

This could be an opportunity for anyone who lives in the South but for many reasons has not had the opportunity to go to the Needles or round the Isle of Wight or perhaps for somebody who lives far away and is visiting SBS and could do with a blast in the Solent.

I know that very few have had the opportunity of a ride on a Parker Baltic RIB hence my invitation.

I would expect everybody to share the driving

Who is up for the trip? Please put your user names down - first come first served

This would also be an opportunity to experience SKYDEX shock mitigation flooring
Old 17 September 2018, 17:48   #2

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Wow , what a great offer ! Unfortunately too far away from me ! If ever you repeat this offer in East Anglia , please put my name straight down !
Old 17 September 2018, 18:06   #3

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
I agree absolutely and just wish the offer was from the northeast
Old 17 September 2018, 18:19   #4

Sorry guys but the Solent which is my playground is on the South Coast. Are you not going to visit the SBS?
Old 17 September 2018, 18:52   #5

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Hi Andre, what a great opportunity for some lucky crew
We’re probably out floating this weekend - might come and take a few photos if that’s ok your end
Old 17 September 2018, 19:04   #6

Hi Lee

That would be great . I will sms you but still try and look me up on Marine Traffic so you will know where I am.
Old 17 September 2018, 19:34   #7

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern Hanreck View Post
Wow , what a great offer ! Unfortunately too far away from me ! If ever you repeat this offer in East Anglia , please put my name straight down !
yes i agree ,get the man to east anglia ,he,s always on about yarmouth ,i did ask him to wait for me on his way to yarmouth last year but he just laughed ,
never mind Bern your wellcome aboard my Nautica for a spin round the east coast
Old 17 September 2018, 19:42   #8

Orwell boy, my guess is that you are confusing me with somebody else anyway the invitation is very clear Solent / Isle of Wight. If you are local why not accept the invitation
Old 17 September 2018, 20:36   #9

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Orwell boy, my guess is that you are confusing me with somebody else anyway the invitation is very clear Solent / Isle of Wight. If you are local why not accept the invitation
Thanks Andre ,sorry not getting confused ,just always follow your trips and very impressed , just playing with yarmouth -isle of white ,and great yarmouth in Norfolk , Strikes me that you work for Parker ribs and you have a Demo boat ,and as a salesman all my life my thoughts are that you must be demo ing to somebody , hence surely the solent is not the only bit of water round the uk , i know you south coast boys have nice blue water wheres ours is brown however i think we get a new wind farm every month and i would have thought that support to such industries alongside border control and britains biggest container port may have given cause to venture this way from time to time .
Old 17 September 2018, 21:02   #10

Orwell Boy, interesting post . Will have to put some thoughts to it. Thank you.
Old 18 September 2018, 09:38   #11

Town: penzance
Boat name: not named
Make: ski boat
Engine: 150 HPDI
What a great offer. I'm seeing if I can rearrange things to do this. Very interested.
Old 18 September 2018, 14:01   #12

Town: southampton
Make: ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140 suzuki
Great offer Andre, but wife's birthday Saturday, still tempted - but boat up on the drive and very vulnerable to a manic wife when told I've gone for an all day jolly in the Solent.
Old 18 September 2018, 16:27   #13

man up and get the mrs telt you are going out to play (or leave a note if bottle crashes).....then run out the door while she is in shock and bring flowers home when you return, everyone is a winner. the good lady can go treat herself in peace without you following her saying, "can we go home yet" every 10 mins and you get a day out on boat.
Old 18 September 2018, 16:35   #14
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribber View Post
Great offer Andre, but wife's birthday Saturday, still tempted - but boat up on the drive and very vulnerable to a manic wife when told I've gone for an all day jolly in the Solent.
^
No, you've booked her and you in for a Wet & Cold Experience for her birthday - you just KNOW she'll love it! Afterwards you're going to her favourite restaurant and you've got her some shopping vouchers as well!!

What? She doesn't want to go on the Experience?!? Damn, well, hey! She could spend the vouchers and you'll meet her at the shops afterwards?

Old 18 September 2018, 17:01   #15

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Great idea/offer Andre...Something a lot more makers should do on a regular Basis!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 17:53   #16

Since I posted the invitation the weather forecast for this Saturday has changed to the worse perhaps Saturday 29th will be a better choice especially as the forecast is much nicer.

This is not a demo only a Jolly and I am sure a better weather would be more appreciated.

Some may recall but this is not my first invitation for RibNet members. In 2009 (such a long time ago) my demo rib was a Parker 900 Baltic Seasafari. The first Jolly was in the Solent and the second one was an overnight trip to Guernsey . Both exceptional trips and this one is long overdue
Old 19 September 2018, 08:05   #17

Town: southampton
Make: ribeye
Engine: 140 suzuki
Well I'm still wanting to join you I guess if you can muster enough people and are still going Saturday 29th would love to go. Never been through the eye of the needle

Willk and Xk59D Took her to the boat show Monday and she still can't understand why I'm standing at the yamaha engine stand.........drooling!
Old 19 September 2018, 08:50   #18

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Black Bear
Make: Ribeye A683
Engine: Yamaha F225
MMSI: 232039276
and she still can't understand why I'm standing at the yamaha engine stand.........drooling![/QUOTE]

That's exactly the same with Mrs FZ and myself

If you can make it I'd definitely recommend that you go out with Andre on Grey Mist. You won't regret, she's a cracking boat.
Old 19 September 2018, 09:03   #19

Make: Bombard SB Explorer
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Hi Andre, I happened to have had a brief ride on your Parker from Gunwharf Quay many years ago and would enjoy another excursion on a bigger craft across the Solent if you still have places available. Here's hoping the weather improves for the 29th. Steve
Old 19 September 2018, 13:15   #20

Guys, due to a better weather forecast the Jolly is on Saturday 29th September and we meet at Southampton Dry Stack at 9-930 AM

We have two names down so far. (it does not have to be 5 names as we will still go even if only 2 are on the list)

1. Solent Seadog ( BTW , do you remember which Parker rib it was. Was it the seasafari one)

2. ribber

I was out this morning in the Solent for a demo not a Jolly and the winds were very strong but the sea state was acceptable and just right for a good demo. I would still not want that weather on 29th.

This Jolly is without any obligation and I can promise you that you will not get a Parker rib catalogue nor a Parker goodies bag perhaps a pen