Old 01 March 2011, 13:11   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Various
Make: Coastline/Protector
Length: 8m +
Engine: Outboard
Stolen Ribcraft

We have just had one of RIBs stolen from our yard in Universal Marina, we think this morning. It Ribcraft 7.8m with a 250 Verado outboard. The boat has a white hull and grey tubes with a blue pin strip (twin) down each side. She also has www.jmyachting.co.uk on the bow in blue text. The rib is sat on a RM Trailer (twin axle trailer).

Serial numbers, hull numbers etc will follow along with a picture. The boat has just come out of refit and is immaculate. Any details please call 02380 988198.
Old 02 March 2011, 11:10   #2

Length: 7m +
Sorry to hear that, probably in a container box by now ready for shipping oversea's. Can you put a picture up on this site and I will print off and keep in my car just in case I spot one on the road. What was security like where it was stored. I must admin I find it worrying that such a big item can be stolen. I wonder if as boat owners we could get together and make a noise with the police along the likes off 'If you see a boat being towed in the early hours or late hours please stop the driver and ask for proof of ownership'

Other than huge sunseekers I can't think of many boat owners who would tow there boat in the wee hours.

Any CCTV helpfull ?
Old 02 March 2011, 11:39   #3

Length: 7m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Sorry to hear that, probably in a container box by now ready for shipping oversea's. Can you put a picture up on this site and I will print off and keep in my car just in case I spot one on the road. What was security like where it was stored. I must admin I find it worrying that such a big item can be stolen. I wonder if as boat owners we could get together and make a noise with the police along the likes off 'If you see a boat being towed in the early hours or late hours please stop the driver and ask for proof of ownership'

Other than huge sunseekers I can't think of many boat owners who would tow there boat in the wee hours.

Any CCTV helpfull ?
From the Marina pages ... is this the reality ? I know from my own marina they say the same type of things but the reality is far different !

Security
Security of the marina site is of the upmost importance to us. A key fob is issued to permanent berth holders, giving them access to the main gate, pontoons and showers. CCTV cameras monitor the marina site, gates and main car park, and security guards visit to patrol the marina at night.
Our marina staff also complete detailed checks on the pontoons every morning to ensure all the boats are safe and undisturbed.
Old 02 March 2011, 12:46   #4

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Various
Make: Coastline/Protector
Length: 8m +
Engine: Outboard
Stolen RIB picture

Here are some pictures of the RIB. The only difference is, the one that was stolen had a Verado 250 rather than an optimax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0078.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	57352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	57353