Old 12 June 2011, 11:14   #1

Town: southampton
Boat name: ocean 8
Make: humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: outboard
2007 suzuki df300 stolen

hi my friend has just has his suzuki df300 stolen off the back of his 8m cobra rib at bucklers hard, they cut the bolts and took it off the back at night, if you hear anything kicking around that sounds like it please message me, hes absoultly gutted as its his pride and joy! thanks.
Old 14 June 2011, 08:44   #2

Length: 7m +
Would be interesting to know whether it was on a trailer, most thefts seem to be from boats on trailers at the moment. Sorry to hear about the loss. I feel marina's are not doing enouth to prevent crime. We all pay alot of money to use them they shoudl have some patrols over night like a night watchman or something like that with a big dog.
Old 14 June 2011, 09:36   #3

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
Sorry to hear of your friends loss and if I hear anythhing I'll let you know (not that anyone ever tells me anything)!

Security is a concern for most yards / marinas / dry stacks / etc. and I believe that most do take it seriously. However, you can't account for everything unless you want to take away the "user friendliness" aspect of your business. Afetr all, if you have 100+ customers and their friends and families wanting to access your facilities on a regular basis it is easy to take your eye off the ball.

Obviously, I don't know the exact circumstances off your friends loss or the security at the location involved, but I do know of businesses that claim to offer regular foot patrols / CCTV / Access controlled gates / etc. and the still have things nicked!

Hope your friend gets a good outcome in the end. I'm just off to check my insurance!!!!
Old 17 July 2011, 16:00   #4

Town: southampton
Boat name: ocean 8
Make: humber
Engine: outboard
stolen rib

hi yes the rib was on a trailer and the people who done it was a very profesional outfit, they did it with marking the rib at all! they did drop the outboard and left a bit of cowling behind! there was cctv but where they came through the woods it did not pick them up and the boat was backed onto a fence which they cut with bolt croppers! damm criminals! its prob on its way to europe in the back of a container!