Old 05 September 2004, 09:45   #21

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Griffith 500 - had it from new since 1997 and as usual can't bring myself to sell it coz I luv it sooooo much. Had a TVR 350i before that, wouldn't drive any sports car other than a TVR. Did test drive a Tuscan S a couple of weeks ago with a view to trading the Griff in next Spring when they bring out the Tuscan 2 Convertible, although I have to say the noise from the TVR Straight 6 engine is VERY disappointing compared to the 5-litre V8. Power delivery very cammy, too, compared to the V8, but hey it's got 400hp versus my measly 340
Amazing just how good a Rover V8 can sound!!! What a car - great fun on a wet roundabout! Have toyed with getting one for a while now but having been upsidedown in a car bit wary of convertibles! Think I may well go for a Cerbera after my Rib - wont sound as nice due to flat plane crank but by god they are fast - remember watching Top Gear video - TVR left all the supercars standing - but only after 100mph!!!
Old 05 September 2004, 10:52   #22

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Cod you have just reminded me of an incident that happened a few years back. A friend of mine and my self were on the BM cursing down the M5 on the outside lane doing just about 85mhp. Suddenly a Merc 500SLC (actually the newer version) came down on our bumper flushing its lights. I let it pass but followed suit . The driver was determine that he will go as fast as he could and that I should not over take him (it as about 3 am and no one around so I/we made the decision to follow this guy to see what he will do eventually) reached 140-145 and suddenly the Merc stopped, we passed him (I had no limiter . The thing came off when the BM was modified by ALPINA and HAMAN in Germany ).
Have to say here that the Merc has no acceleration to speak of.
Now going back to the TVR is a bit (a lot I recon) faster than our BM but doesn't look like a coffin on wheels and is lighter and sporty looking.

PS FOR THE CRITICS!!
And for those who may say that I am irresponssible, inconsiderate, extention of my .... and all that, just to let you know that I like speed and I do go fast on bicycles, bikes, cars, boats, planes. So don't even bother telling me off cause I ain't listening. And as my son just said to say TALK TO THE HAND CAUSE THE HEAD AIN'T LISTENING
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My car.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	7950   Click image for larger version

Name:	my car 2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	7951  
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 September 2004, 08:27   #23

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Hold on, this is........

.......the typical Phil Davies "Slow Motion" walk when someone shouts, "lets go to the pub". He's never been one for his speedyness to the bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007 phil.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	7981