Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 29 July 2022, 23:42   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 15HP
MMSI: 235924407
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,680
Rednecks Holy Island Adventure

Recently had 10 days on Holy Island - Anglesey, it's the first time I've been to Holy Island, but it wont be the last. Beautiful, rugged coastline that just begs to be explored, very different from the rest of Anglesey.

Hope you enjoy video - Part 1

__________________

__________________
Steve509926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2022, 22:40   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 273
You don't half get around steve.....another interesting video and narration
__________________

__________________
Brinormeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2022, 22:58   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 15HP
MMSI: 235924407
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinormeg View Post
You don't half get around steve.....another interesting video and narration
Thanks Brian.

I'm in the fortunate position of being semi-retired and I've always loved to travel and visiting new places. The SIB has opened up a whole different dimension to exploring our beautiful country.
__________________
Steve509926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 22:19   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 15HP
MMSI: 235924407
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,680
Have you managed to get out yet Brian after your water pump catastrophe?
__________________
Steve509926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 23:35   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Have you managed to get out yet Brian after your water pump catastrophe?
Finally got out for the first time this afternoon for an hour or so for a practice before it got a bit choppy for us newbies (from a place called Crudenbay) But at least a we are a bit more confident with the OB reliability now. Which was the main purpose of the trip along with trying to figure out the positioning, trim and setup of everything.

Only mess up for the day was while fitting the OB to the transom we trapped the tachometer against the clamps and completely smashed the unit!
(The plan was to decide while out today exactly where to fix it, but instead will need to buy a new one now)

We know it was bang on 4 hrs on the tac before we destroyed it, so have a good idea how much the total hours are without the need to hook the OB to the pc.

Worst bit was due to our lack of experience we didn't know what rpm we were doing, which made it hard to experiment with different setups, although due to the chop we were taking things relatively easy anyway.

But thereís always another day I suppose!
__________________
Brinormeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 August 2022, 22:46   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 15HP
MMSI: 235924407
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinormeg View Post
Finally got out for the first time this afternoon for an hour or so for a practice before it got a bit choppy for us newbies (from a place called Crudenbay) But at least a we are a bit more confident with the OB reliability now. Which was the main purpose of the trip along with trying to figure out the positioning, trim and setup of everything.

Only mess up for the day was while fitting the OB to the transom we trapped the tachometer against the clamps and completely smashed the unit!
(The plan was to decide while out today exactly where to fix it, but instead will need to buy a new one now)

We know it was bang on 4 hrs on the tac before we destroyed it, so have a good idea how much the total hours are without the need to hook the OB to the pc.

Worst bit was due to our lack of experience we didn't know what rpm we were doing, which made it hard to experiment with different setups, although due to the chop we were taking things relatively easy anyway.

But thereís always another day I suppose!

But it's good that you got back out Brian, and this time the only damage is a £20 tacho. I mounted mine temporarily on the tiller. Then once I'd got the right set up I fixed it under engine cowl (tip curtesy of Fenlander)
Are you off to the west coast soon? We are up in Oban at the end of August for 10 days
__________________
Steve509926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 August 2022, 21:28   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
But it's good that you got back out Brian, and this time the only damage is a £20 tacho. I mounted mine temporarily on the tiller. Then once I'd got the right set up I fixed it under engine cowl (tip curtesy of Fenlander)
Are you off to the west coast soon? We are up in Oban at the end of August for 10 days
Yeah it could have been worse SteveÖ. just a bit annoying that we couldnít be sure of engine speed etc. But it was a bit rough anyway for playing around too much, and after recently losing someone we knew in a boating/fishing incident on a small loch up in Shetland, we were perhaps being a little extra cautious.

We were supposed to be heading over for a couple of days to the Loch Aline area and then back over to Loch Awe mid September for 5 days where we found a little cottage/hotel with a slip just down the road.
We also thought there might be a possibility of nipping over to donnys stomping ground, weather and time permitting.

But I've had to cancel all my holidays for now due to severe staffing issues, so everything is up in the air for now.

But I'm not giving up all hope of a last minute escape yet!
__________________

__________________
Brinormeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 21:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.