Old 15 May 2006, 21:34   #1

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Parker Ribs @ Ribex 2006

Guys

Many thanks to all for your kind comments. I am not so sure how many times the rib was going out but like I said in another thread we would give you a thrill ride and quite a lot of your accepted our invitation. Our biggest regret is that the donation bucket for the Cowes Inshore Lifeboat was not given to us much earlier cos for sure we would have collected a lot of cash for them. Anyway next time round I will have this in mind.

From the posts I have read I see that those who managed to get a ride were most impressed . I can only apology to those who did not have the chance to take up my invitation

We took a lot of pictures out in the Solent from our Parker 630 and some will be posted once I am sent the CD Rom or perhaps even Chris will post some. For those who don't know Chris is my nephew and I must say since I was the last time on a rib with him he has vastly improved his skills and I am now learning from him specially steering a 9 mtr rib with twin engines using only the remote control
Here are two shots which I have received today.

Ribex 2006 was most kind to us as on the first day we received the final confirmation from our Estonian distributor and the funds were on the way. So this Friday the Parker 900 Baltic under the Estonian flag will leave Littlehampton on route to Estonia. I will later in the week post more details of the passage

In addition to the above we also agreed an order with our Icelandic distributor for two such Parker 900 Baltic ribs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6911a.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	19284   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6934a.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	19285  
Old 16 May 2006, 11:33   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
For those who don't know Chris is my nephew and I must say since I was the last time on a rib with him he has vastly improved his skills and I am now learning from him specially steering a 9 mtr rib with twin engines using only the remote control
Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Chris was certainly a credit to Parker the way he handled that boat. He managed to give everyone a fun and exciting ride, without leaving anyone hanging on for dear life!

I've had some shocking demo rides in the past on other makes of boat, but this one left me grinning as much as the first timers on board.

John
Old 16 May 2006, 20:51   #3

The action photos will follow as soon as I receive the CD. In the meantime here are a few shots taken by Wiesia.

I am sure we all recognise a few familiar faces
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9847a.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	19309   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9848a.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	19310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9852a.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	19311   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148a.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	19312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151a.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	19313  

Old 17 May 2006, 17:38   #4

Town: Loosdrecht
Make: Fletcher Bravo
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 50hp
Dear Andre!

We had a great time on the Ribex 2006! Your first invitation to our group of 'crazy dutch people' for this beautiful ride on the Parker was very impressive. Oh dear what a rib..... :-)

Here some pictures of which I have taken from it.

Greatz from all the group in Holland.

Bastiaan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02083-2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	19335   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02094-2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	19336  
Old 17 May 2006, 20:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassie
Dear Andre!

We had a great time on the Ribex 2006! Your first invitation to our group of 'crazy dutch people' for this beautiful ride on the Parker was very impressive. Oh dear what a rib..... :-)

Here some pictures of which I have taken from it.

Greatz from all the group in Holland.

Bastiaan
It was pleasure guys and I do remember you. That was our intention to give as many people a trill ride so they would remember Ribex and Parker Ribs for a long time. I guess reading the posts we have achieved that

By the way the rib is going your way if you are any where near the coast. the Estonians are flying in tomorrow and will drive the rib all the way to Estonia.
Old 19 May 2006, 20:06   #6

Parker 900 Baltic heads for Estonia

Just to keep you posted the Estonian crew with our distributor Omar arrived to Gatwick on Wednesday. The weather as we know is not very good and has delayed their departure. All neccesary arrangement have been made including logging the passage with the Coastguards. The plan is to leave LA Sunday 21 May in the morning that is weather of course permitting.

the first leg will take them from Littlehampton to Dover where they will fuel up and cross the channel to Calais then up the French and Belgium coast to the Dutch town of Ijmuiden

the second leg will take them to Cuxhaven in Germany then via Kiel cannal to the Danish island of Bornholm then to Sweden and across to Estonia.

An Estonian web page is following this cruise and report are being filed regulary. I will tomorrow post details but believe this to be in Estonian only but pictures can be viewed.

Sunday evening I will confirm their departure and post some pictures.

They are well equipped for this cruise and even to my suprise arrived with Gecko MK10 helmets. Must send them some pictures as well

One can only wish them a trouble free passage and what a trip! if only I had the time

Andre
Old 20 May 2006, 06:45   #7

Town: Stockholm
Boat name: Osprey & Ring
Make: Osprey & Ring
Length: 9m +
Engine: Plenty
I have done the trip twice but to Stockholm from Zeebrugge.
If they want to have some info regarding gas stations (if its outboards) please tell them to contact me.
Its not many gas stations on the way that can support gasoline, only diesel.
Old 20 May 2006, 09:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrov
I have done the trip twice but to Stockholm from Zeebrugge.
If they want to have some info regarding gas stations (if its outboards) please tell them to contact me.
Its not many gas stations on the way that can support gasoline, only diesel.
Petrov

Many thanks pls PM me your mobole number or perhaps you could email me the details on info@parkerribs.com and I will pass on. They leave tomorrow morning. Our distributor Datema will provide some local knowledge but any other input would be more then welcome