Old 23 June 2006, 09:40   #21

Town: Milano
Length: no boat
Thanks Kitten, yours is a great rib too!
You should come and race the endurance world championship in stresa in september.
Old 25 August 2006, 11:46   #22

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Sarah Hope
Make: Scand
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2 X 5.7 EFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fede
For John Kennet : My Idea is to use this mould for a couple of other hulls and after all the modifications are done (I'd like to try with longer outer strakes and some negative angle at the chine aft) and the first leasure prototype is done make the official moulds.

For Jonny Fuller: Thanks!! Renato Levi,Fabio Buzzi and Tullio Abbate are my reference as far as powerboating is concerned,there is a big tradition on lake como for fast boats,Tullio is a dear friend too,I have both Levi books of course!! and learned a lot from there,you can purchase them directly from Renato's son, Martin, www.leviboats.com there is no one particular inspirational Levi boat,but I find the Delta concept very intersting and for Racing Boats,nobody is using it today and I still have to figure why...probably I'll find out myself soon!!
I'd like to try without or with less pad and see how it behaves...I have to figure out a way that doesn't involve drilling holes in the hull bottom.
Levi didn't used much pad in his boats.

For Dirk: maybe there is something I do not get in your words,No plug has ever been made for this hull, instead of the plug we made a direct laser cut mould to save money and time,I have pics that go from 1:6 scale model making and test to final RIB launch, if you want to see them I can zip and email them to you.
Attached a couple of pics of the selfpropelled model I used to test the Hull behaviour.
And by the way...you can see more building pics here: http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/sh...00/ppuser/1683
page 1-2-3
Fede,
Congratulations with a stunning looking rib. Was looking though some old powerboat mags last night and it down on me that Fabio Buzzi has written an autobiography. Me being a big fan would love to read it. Have you read it? Do you know if it is all in Italian or is some English as well?
Cheers,
Petter
Old 25 August 2006, 16:43   #23

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
A huge amount of work. Much respect Fede, the Saowanee is super.
Old 19 October 2006, 19:22   #24

Town: Milano
Length: no boat
Thanks guys!
Of course I've Buzzi's Biography I would be a stupid not to say that y modest work has been inspired by his mighty experience,I guess it only exists in Italian, but try to write them at fbdesign.it

J Wlaker : Thanks a lot,besides saying that you like the RIB you are the one who made the best compliment..."A huge amount of work"...yes that's what it is about...and it's nice to see that someone recognize it.
By the way, the Saowanee is mr. Innamorati design, the owner of andaman boatyard,www.andamanboatyard.com he is a very talented builder,I've only done renderings and structural project for that boat,mr Innamorati is also building a project of mine that is going to be finished soon.
I will post pictures on my web site as soon as it will be finished.
Old 19 October 2006, 22:21   #25

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fede View Post
I will post pictures on my web site as soon as it will be finished.
I look forward to them.