Old 21 March 2020, 19:05   #1

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Tiny Dancer
Make: Valiant
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp outboard
My New Rib - Valiant V490

I have only had my SR4 for one season but it was enough for me to learn I still loved boating. It was also enough for me to know I needed a bigger boat. The SR4, as good as it is, was just a bit too small to comfortably fit my small family and dog.
I was unsure exactly what to go for and looked at everything including bowrider bayliners, bikini datelines and open jet boats.
In the end I came access what seemed like a good deal on a Valiant V-490. The boat and outboard (Yamaha 50hp four stroke) are from 2000 but the tubes have been replaced by ribshop and the engine has just had a very though service.
Had it out today for the first time and I cannot believe how smooth and quiet the 4 stroke engine is.
As for sea keeping, I know the Searider shave a great reputation and the Valiant doesn’t have the deep-v hull but honestly and extra length over the sr4 makes it feel just as secure in the water (although it wasn’t rough today).
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	132414

Name:	IMG_1512.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	132413

Name:	303838_-_photo_3_1582574753_img.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	132415
Old 22 March 2020, 07:43   #2

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
lovely its nice to have new toys having owned a valiant v570 I think you will be happy with the build and quality of the rib the grp mouldings especialy I know mine seamed very heavy duty.as for not being a full on deep v its true it was not as soft a ride in choppy water as my current Humber but I did still go out in quite rough conditions and never felt concerned . (I have noticed my old one has appeared on ebay with a different outboard)

Tags
rib