Old 04 July 2019, 17:38   #1

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Magic of Mull

Hi guys

This is Part 1 of my "Magic of Mull" Box Set. I wanted to slow down and get in close to the shore to discover the island's finer details and hidden charms. The video intro tells the story..so enjoy it and if you do .. come back to see the other videos in the set when I get them ready.

Thanks for watching

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 05 July 2019, 07:21   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
Hi guys

This is Part 1 of my "Magic of Mull" Box Set. I wanted to slow down and get in close to the shore to discover the island's finer details and hidden charms. The video intro tells the story..so enjoy it and if you do .. come back to see the other videos in the set when I get them ready.

Thanks for watching

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Great Job as usual Mate:
Good to see you never let the weather slow you down!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2019, 14:23   #3

Hi Maximus ..yup..the west coast of Scotland is a wet and windy part of the country ..so if you want to get full use of an inflatable.. you have to get used to the weather. Its why Scotland is so clean and green..its well washed down

That is where a dry suit is worth its weight in whisky.. I find that I dont get wet in them ... normally. (I confess I have forgotten to close the convenience zip on the odd occasion) Midges dont get in them either.

(PS maximus a small package is now wrapped and will go to the Post Office on Monday morning ..so expect delivery around mid week.)

Part Two of Magic of Mull is now made ..and I thoroughly enjoyed my day exploring Ulva Gometra and Eorsa.

The observant may see folk they recognise in the opening shot

Thanks for watching

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 05 July 2019, 20:28   #4

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Nice couple of videos Donny hope you are enjoying your self hopefully we will catch up in the near future for a couple of tins take care for now HH
Old 06 July 2019, 16:42   #5

Hi HH, thanks for stopping by and commenting on the videos.

Im certain we will have a gravy or three soon. Although I was not interested in your Mull trip ..if Im not up north ..I will try to get along to the Clyde trip.

Now attached is chapter three of Magic of Mull, where I visit The Wilderness Coast of Ardmeanach. It was too windy on this exposed coast to go by boat, so I walked part of it and got as far as MacKinnon's Cave. I didn’t get as far as the Fossil tree so will return one day.

Thanks for watching
Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 06 July 2019, 19:38   #6

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Length: no boat
Donny , without a doubt your videos are an enduring highlight of RIBnet !

The scenery is always fantastic , the history and folklore superb . The voice-overs have really worked a treat !

Time to "fire " that bloody canon though !

All the Best

Bern
Old 06 July 2019, 21:53   #7

Hi Bern.. many thanks for your kind comments on the videos ..its very much appreciated.

I do take your point on Pachebel .. and it wearies my lugs at times too.

All I can say in my defence is Im a one man band struggling to find the time to do everything I want to do ...even though Im retired. My first love is getting the video footage as it means Im out adventuring for real.

I have to return home every so often to catch up on house chores and also health issues and that is when I find the time to make the videos. I have a long backlog of adventures from this year already that I have put aside ... waiting the time to make them into videos too.

A complete glutton for punishment ..Im also struggling to find time to do the art work for the covers of the archive DVD’s im also trying to make .... this is an example of the DVD cover for “Fast Ribs in Oban” box set. I still have Hawk and Sula to paint but I just cant find the time just now.

So you can see ..Im loving being retired ..but unfortunately I cant do everything I want to do. Im no different than most folks in that respect.

Last winter I played and recorded around a dozen songs..some original compositions and others are well known songs which dont flout copyright laws. Im absolutely determined that my videos will be all my own work..not other peoples work so wont use other bands or artists in the videos. I hope you can understand that reason.

Come the end of my boating season..I will find time to write more of my own music and learn to play other composers copy free music..which is generally after its been released for 100 years. Im hope you guys can be patient until I get that fresh background music together. So saying..I will change the intro tune to one of the others I have recorded.

Thanks for the feedback too and to everyone who gives me feedback .. some I can take on board as I was recently asked to include maps. I have started that as it takes little time.

Hope all that makes sense

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 07 July 2019, 16:09   #8

Part four and I cross the Iona in a blustery breeze. However once there Im in the shelter of the Island. I visit the tourist sights then head for a lonely and much painted beach. And the canon ball was fired for this one Bern

Old 07 July 2019, 16:53   #9

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Donny, one bonus of the holiday ending, will be being able to watch your work on decent WiFi. It’ll give me something to look forward to.[emoji106]
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 July 2019, 18:06   #10

Thanks Dave ..I appreciate your comment.

I certainly work hard when Im out in the field getting the footage. Im one of those folks who just cant stay still. Every morning Im up at 6.30 am. Im constantly hauling boats around, walking beaches, trying to catch my dinner etc. etc. Only then can I relax and enjoy a gravy or three while watching a lovely sunset.

That is if I can stay awake that long as Im often totally drained of energy long before the sun goes down. I then crawl into my car or small tent and fall asleep without a worry or care in the world.

Why do I do it you may ask ? The answer is simple.. its not work..its a very deep love ..a love of the sea ..of nature ..and the countryside. If even a small part of that comes through to people who watch the videos ...then Im delighted with my work.

Below is a sunset from Fidden Bay ... taken by Cazzy two days later. Once I complete the "Magic of Mull" box set ..watch out for the “Cazzy’s Adventure” box set.. its every bit as good as Mull ..if not better

Old 08 July 2019, 19:11   #11

This is the second part of my Windy Day at Iona. I visit the Ross of Mull Rock garden which it a truly magnificent place in a small boat

Thanks for watching
Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 08 July 2019, 20:33   #12

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Hi Donny great videos once again but your missing the fine weather being at home get going and make the video later lol
Old 08 July 2019, 20:40   #13

Town: Lancaster
Boat name: Sisu
Make: Brig
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
MMSI: 235912526
Really enjoyable set of videos Donny.
Old 09 July 2019, 08:33   #14

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Length: no boat
Loved the pictures Donny ! You truly are " a Jock of All Trades "

Bern
Old 09 July 2019, 10:50   #15

Hi again HH ..glad you enjoyed the videos. Dont worry as I will be heading off again after my last hospital appointment on Thursday. My only problem is I cant decide whether to go back to the wilderness coast on Mull ..or continue exploring Skye with the wee F Rib. I notice you have a similar problem with your Scottish SIB outing and cant decide where you want to go either ? Once you decide and publish a route plan .. I will consider it if I'm free ... if not ... have a good trip.

Hi Gazzago..I hear through the grape vine that you have a SR4 ..Im sure you will get a lot of fun in that boat. I also hear there is a small boat outing in August..so perhaps we can meet again then if I dont attend HH’s outing.

Hi Bern.. some have called me a Pi$$ artist in the past. And I dont mind. During a recession in my work industry a few years ago ..I turned my hand to Pooch Painting. It was very much a dogs life but it paid for the gravy I consumed back then. I find dogs easier to paint than boats ..but then again..my eyesight was better then too. I dont paint as much now..just too busy.

I hope to get the next video up later today or tomorrow morning.
Old 09 July 2019, 14:21   #16

This is part 6 and is in fact the final part on the "Magic of Mull" box set. I spent another day at Fidden after this video and successfully went round Iona with a lovely couple called Cazzy and George who asked if they could come adventuring with The Gurnard. I will make a video of the complete circumnavigation of Iona plus the other places we went. However that will be in a new box set called "Cazzy's Adventure" so watch for it once I get it made. Im heading off for more adventures soon though..so it may be a week or so before I can get it on line. Thanks again for watching and in particular to everyone who has commented. Its very much appreciate..so Thank You

Hope you are all enjoying your own boating season

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 09 July 2019, 21:25   #17

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Just watched the full box set Donny. Truly beautiful. You capture it very very well. Can’t wait to be up there again. It’s amazing in all weathers but when the sun is out there is nowhere better ........ imho lol [emoji23]
Old 17 July 2019, 16:00   #18

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
fantastic Donny!! I've recently discovered the joys of youtube on the tv, can't find anything worth watching on the normal channels, but your videos more than make up for it