Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
fancy selling it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermob
well we've got a defender 110 and had it chipped does 35 mpg towing a boat, not bad for a brick on wheels
Old 08 March 2006, 20:27   #62

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermob
thats unbelieveable compared to our disco 3, we get 23mpg if we're lucky and its a diesel
This is a 300tdi - I had a Discovery II TD5 auto which did 20mpg - but then again the Vectra 2.2SRi was only doing 18mpg!!!

I tend to drive my own cars a bit slower than the lease/hire ones!!!
Old 08 March 2006, 20:27   #63

Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
if you can get 28 to the gallon out of a disco then you are doing well, and you certainly wont get that when towing!!!
Erm, my 300tdi did 29.5mpg on the last fill up - and some (ok, not all!) of that was towing a Ribtec 585.
Old 08 March 2006, 20:32   #64

Town: Reading, Hants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Erm, my 300tdi did 29.5mpg on the last fill up - and some (ok, not all!) of that was towing a Ribtec 585.
our 300tdi was an auto and i think we used to get around 25 if lucky, the 200 was a manual and the td5 is an auto. dont think any of them ever did near 30 but that might be the way we drive and we used to tow around 3 tons, so minimal economy when towing!! i think the td5 is probably the thirstiest of the lot....which is a shame
Old 08 March 2006, 20:34   #65

Quote:
our 300tdi was an auto and i think we used to get around 25 if lucky, the 200 was a manual and the td5 is an auto. dont think any of them ever did near 30 but that might be the way we drive and we used to tow around 3 tons, so minimal economy when towing!! i think the td5 is probably the thirstiest of the lot....which is a shame
It has to be said, I do drive like a bit of a Grandad. Don't go above 65 very often, keep the revs super low and smooth etc.

Most I've towed with the disco was about 2 tons, and I have to say it felt very composed. Can see why people like them.

Wouldn't be looking forward to towing a rib the size of Codprawns Prosport though, especially something shiny and new!
Old 08 March 2006, 20:36   #66

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
Quote:
fancy selling it?
Well, its going at the end of the month, being replaced by a new 90XS in the new rimini red, should look different
Old 08 March 2006, 20:38   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
It has to be said, I do drive like a bit of a Grandad. Don't go above 65 very often, keep the revs super low and smooth etc.

Most I've towed with the disco was about 2 tons, and I have to say it felt very composed. Can see why people like them.

Wouldn't be looking forward to towing a rib the size of Codprawns Prosport though, especially something shiny and new!
ahhh, i have to keep on at the mrs to slow down, keep the speed down in double figures!

had a shogun 3500 which was great but averaged 16 to the gal so the only prob was filling it up so often, jag did 17 so that was a major improvement!
Old 08 March 2006, 21:52   #68

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Never worked out the mpg exactly, but if I put 60quids worth of Diesel in my 3.2TD LWB Manual Shogun I get about 420 to 450 Miles out of it. But a lot of that is 70 to 85 MPH up and down the A3 each day.

Nasher.
Old 08 March 2006, 22:16   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher
Never worked out the mpg exactly, but if I put 60quids worth of Diesel in my 3.2TD LWB Manual Shogun I get about 420 to 450 Miles out of it. But a lot of that is 70 to 85 MPH up and down the A3 each day.

Nasher.
That works out, assuming 90.9p a litre (which is about right at the moment) at about 66 litres of Diesel, so 31mpg, which is pretty good for 70 to 85mph! 13.33p per mile.

http://www.torquecars.co.uk/Tuning/u...calculator.php
Old 08 March 2006, 22:31   #70

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Jimbo

Thanks for that, unfortunatly I'm paying more like 92p a litre, but getting some back in morrisons vouchers.

Still doesn't work out too bad though for a big motor.

If I'm sorted with a new job, during the summer I'm going to start looking at Amazons. For the latest spec (post Nov 04)They quote 31.4mpg Extra Urban for the 4.2TD Auto dropping to 26.6mpg for combined and 21.1mpg urban.

Its just got to be done.

Nasher
Old 09 March 2006, 09:32   #71

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
An Amazon certainly accompanies a rib well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0801.sized.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	17815   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0797.sized.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	17816  
Old 09 March 2006, 13:42   #72

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Well done Codders, looks great & I thought I would never see the day!
Old 09 March 2006, 13:51   #73

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams

I'll say that again then!
Old 09 March 2006, 15:25   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne

I'll say that again then!
Neither did I.....
Old 09 March 2006, 15:39   #75

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
So is vast quantities of Humble pie now being ordered for imediate consumption washed down with fermented sour grapes?

Congratulations on an beautiful boat. Currently rebuilding both the Landrover and the Delta whilst also erecting a really nice heavy duty 8' x 16' workshop. Looks like this ummer will be good.

Need to teach my 13 year old daughter to weld - she has asked me! A useful skill, I think she's looking at Scrapheap challenge for my last Landrover.
Old 09 March 2006, 15:52   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B
So is vast quantities of Humble pie now being ordered for imediate consumption washed down with fermented sour grapes?
I think in all fairness there was not much tangible evidence offered up (IMHO)that the boat existed and that indeed codprawn existed as he does not like to meet any fellow boaters. He has kept a very secretive existance and always shyed away from meeting fellow ribbers or communicating socially. I suspect that will have to change now as he will be spotted a mile away and will have to liaise and mingle with the fellow ribbers and ribnobburs as Garf would say.

Codprawns ebay account has started purchasing boat equipment like suzuki manuals etc so the evidence and pictures are pointing towards the boat and codders really existing.................cool

No humble pie here as when i suggested evidence was put forward, none was so dont feel guilty of doubting in the slightest way.

I for one am pleased he is getting his boat and it looks great and wish him all the best, will be great if young codders attends some of the gatherings as i am sure he will have a great time.
Old 09 March 2006, 15:54   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B

Congratulations on an beautiful boat. Currently rebuilding both the Landrover and the Delta whilst also erecting a really nice heavy duty 8' x 16' workshop. Looks like this ummer will be good.

Need to teach my 13 year old daughter to weld - she has asked me! A useful skill, I think she's looking at Scrapheap challenge for my last Landrover.
Talking of rebuilding Land Rovers...

I have just had to buy a discovery because some kind gentleman offered to do a complete resoration on my 110. Now it didn't really need it but it was a good price so I said go ahead.

The bloke has since gone off his head literally and my lovely 110 is now in a pile of bits in his garage. I DROVE it down to him no problem - I now have to get a transporter to get it home and will have to rebuild it myself - NOT amused!!!

At least I will do a good job of it but I don't have the time - at least i have a load of mates to help me - one an auto electrician and the others are proper mechanics so it shouldn't take TOO long!!!
Old 09 March 2006, 16:00   #78

Quote:

Codprawns ebay account has started purchasing boat equipment like suzuki manuals etc so the evidence and pictures are pointing towards the boat and codders really existing.................cool

No humble pie here as when i suggested evidence was put forward, none was so dont feel guilty of doubting in the slightest way.

I for one am pleased he is getting his boat and it looks great and wish him all the best, will be great if young codders attends some of the gatherings as i am sure he will have a great time.
I happen to believe that when a person says something it should be accepted unless proved to be untrue.

I get rather narked to be accused of making things up and then being asked things I KNOW to be true - which is why I dig my heels in when questioned.

And it's not just you - a certain person in the channel islands seems to think I have nothing better to do than make up some of the things I have done in my life.

Anyway all hatchets buried - loads of people have made nice comments about my nice new boat!!!

In a good mood today - just picked up 3 new contracts - be ages before we see any cash though!!!
Old 09 March 2006, 16:03   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Talking of rebuilding Land Rovers...

I have just had to buy a discovery because some kind gentleman offered to do a complete resoration on my 110. Now it didn't really need it but it was a good price so I said go ahead.

The bloke has since gone off his head literally and my lovely 110 is now in a pile of bits in his garage. I DROVE it down to him no problem - I now have to get a transporter to get it home and will have to rebuild it myself - NOT amused!!!

At least I will do a good job of it but I don't have the time - at least i have a load of mates to help me - one an auto electrician and the others are proper mechanics so it shouldn't take TOO long!!!
now that is a pisser, hope he did not dissassemble it into too many component parts. last thing you need is a landy in bits when your boat is here
Old 09 March 2006, 16:09   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I happen to believe that when a person says something it should be accepted unless proved to be untrue.

I get rather narked to be accused of making things up and then being asked things I KNOW to be true - which is why I dig my heels in when questioned.

And it's not just you - a certain person in the channel islands seems to think I have nothing better to do than make up some of the things I have done in my life.

Anyway all hatchets buried - loads of people have made nice comments about my nice new boat!!!

In a good mood today - just picked up 3 new contracts - be ages before we see any cash though!!!
never know, maybe we might even have a beer one day or bump into each other on the water!