Old 22 May 2005, 06:02   #1

Town: San Diego.California
Boat name: Bayshots
Make: XS-550
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90
Fish N' Game Rib

Over here even the Fish "Wardens" go around in Ribs!!
The Dept;of Fish and Game are very strict on checking fishing licenses /catch limits/legal species etc.Nice to see their boat of choice is a nice little Zodiac Hurricane.
I spotted these two( and yes they are armed) waiting behind a bridge pier ready to pounce on unsuspecting anglers.
Lucky for my boys; they are too young to require a license yet;but they still checked us out.(think it's Orange envy!!!!! )
Jamie caught a couple of nice Bass which made the day fun (Dad got skunked )
cheers Dal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fishngame web.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	12013   Click image for larger version

Name:	web fish.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	12014  
Old 22 May 2005, 19:32   #2

Town: romsey
Boat name: marlin monroe
Make: ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: honda 50
Nice fish Jamie- can you teach your dad how it's done!!!! Mike
Old 22 May 2005, 22:47   #3

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
You boys in the States just love your guns. Are the ones used by the harbour cops and fishing protection officers made from Alloy to stop em rusting .

On a different note, I was working at a Borgwarner site in Muncie, Indiana a year ago and met this guy who had a collection of, wait for it......................277 guns! He'd travel to the Nevada desert once a year, where several clubs would meet to blast hell out of anything that moved. He was telling me that his pride and joy was some 8 barrel gatlin gun he had and that he had an arrangement with his local district to supply him with old bangers he could shoot the hell out of.

Our service guy out there also carries a 9mm gun, I asked him if he ever needed to use it. He told me that he had a misunderstanding with a guy at a 4 way junction, who got out his car an walked toward him. He waved his holstered gun at this guy who then turned around got back in his car and drove off. Definatley a peacemaker that day.

Andy
Old 22 May 2005, 22:54   #4

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
Our service guy out there also carries a 9mm gun, I asked him if he ever needed to use it. He told me that he had a misunderstanding with a guy at a 4 way junction, who got out his car an walked toward him. He waved his holstered gun at this guy who then turned around got back in his car and drove off. Definatley a peacemaker that day.
Fortunately for him the other guy wasn't the one with the Gatling gun!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2005, 01:05   #5

Town: San Diego.California
Boat name: Bayshots
Make: XS-550
Engine: Suzuki DF90
Hightower,
yes they are rust resistant as they carry the Glock 17 which are polymer (apart from the receiver and barrel. )
Never know when you are going to run into that tough fish and needs a couple of rounds put into it to subdue it
Must admit ,I have an interest in guns as well as RIBS, so often have the chance to photograph both at the same time! (Especially when the USCG pulls me over with a machine gun mounted on the front)
Going over to Catalina Island soon where they have a good population of flying fish!!
Now that could be the new ultimate sport!.Ribbing with a machine gun mounted on the front and trying to blast away at the flying fish! Wow! Heaven Need that guy with the chain gun
cheers Dal
Old 23 May 2005, 08:58   #6

Town: Cork
Make: Redbay
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Rather a lifejacket than a gun, neither "Fish" Warden is wearing one in the photo
Old 23 May 2005, 11:53   #7

Town: Fareham
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeydal
Hightower,
yes they are rust resistant as they carry the Glock 17 which are polymer (apart from the receiver and barrel. )
Never know when you are going to run into that tough fish and needs a couple of rounds put into it to subdue it
Must admit ,I have an interest in guns as well as RIBS, so often have the chance to photograph both at the same time! (Especially when the USCG pulls me over with a machine gun mounted on the front)
Going over to Catalina Island soon where they have a good population of flying fish!!
Now that could be the new ultimate sport!.Ribbing with a machine gun mounted on the front and trying to blast away at the flying fish! Wow! Heaven Need that guy with the chain gun
cheers Dal

Next time I'm that way Dal I'll buy you a drink mate you guys really make me laugh. You can take me out shooting if you like.....But not as the target, yeh!

Andy