Old 12 August 2011, 16:34   #1

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Dartmouth Aug 2011

Just a few images of our annual break to Dartmouth which we do with a group of other families.
We also meet up with a few locals we know, and generally have a huge crowd on the beach and proper community spirit at the camp site.

We were really lucky with the weather as we had very little rain, and the worst days being just overcast but very warm. We had several RIBs and SIBs around us for Diving and general mucking about.

As always we launched at the ‘Upper Ferry Slip’ most days and ran around to the beach.

Once again ‘The Nashers Revenge’ our 6.5M Ocean performed brilliantly, the only real issue being the price and quality of fuel available locally in Dartmouth. Unleaded jumped up 1p overnight at one stage, the cheapest and most convenient available being the BP garage at 138.9p/l.
We fill up by using Jerry cans filled at the BP garage, and unfortunately had issues with Water in the fuel. I had to drain the water from the bowl under my filter a couple of times, and one of our friends had water in the fuel stop his old 55hp Mariner half way across Start Bay. Luckily we managed to get it going again, but a local outboard mechanic told me he’d seen 3 engines that had experienced WIF issues following being fuelled from the same garage.

It was the first real test of rolling up the Smaller Nashers Bombard 380 in the Ocean and running it round to the beach.
It was obviously a little more difficult than their old 2.7 Zodiac, but proved to be very possible. The battery Powered Bravo Pump proved really worthwhile to blow it up in the mornings but it proved easier not to attempt to suck the air out at the end of the day with it pulled up sideways over the tubes of the RIB. Actually rolling it up was a little awkward but not impossible.
The 9.9Suzi proved to be about the biggest engine I’d like to transfer from one boat to another, but was possible partly because the sea was just so calm the two boats were not moving about much. I also tied off a safety line each time it was transferred in either direction and somebody was holding on to it with a ‘wrap’ around a seat frame just in case.

The pictures tell the story really, the boys really enjoyed the Bombard, and used it extensively to transfer us all to the beach from the anchored larger boats as well as running around all day with their friends. They loaded it up a couple of times and disappeared off with friends to snorkel off small beaches only accessible from the water. It was really worth all the effort we put into getting it up and running. The patching to the deck held up well and everyone was impressed with how well it went and handled.
For the record, my 12 and 14 year olds are reasonably big lads for their age, but running alongside them in the Ocean at one stage the GPS was showing they were achieving @19knots with the little 9.9 buzzing away.

Oh, and how I wish I could afford the new property being built overlooking the harbour.

Nasher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beach 1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	61606   Click image for larger version

Name:	BN Ocean.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	61607   Click image for larger version

Name:	CN Ocean.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	61608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bom in Ocean.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	61609   Click image for larger version

Name:	boats at beach.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	61610  

Old 12 August 2011, 16:35   #2

And some more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bom1.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	61611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bom2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	61612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bom3.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	61613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bom4.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	61614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bom5.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	61615  

Old 12 August 2011, 16:36   #3

And the rest
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bom6.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	61616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bom7.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	61617   Click image for larger version

Name:	TNR at Anc.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	61618   Click image for larger version

Name:	This will be good.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	61619  
Old 12 August 2011, 17:49   #4

Town: Fareham
Looks like you had much better weather than we did on the North facing Sommerset Coast Nasher, was very windy all week.

I'm pleased all your hard work has paid off with the SIB. Fancy a trip out in the SIBs one day?

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2011, 20:50   #5

[QUOTE=Hightower;415046]Looks like you had much better weather than we did on the North facing Sommerset Coast [QUOTE]

We were extremely lucky, just one real period of rain in the whole time, and most of that was overnight.

Nasher.