Old 01 July 2004, 13:16   #21

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
This is what I've got delivered!!
Luckaly I had the boat insured during transit. However, both surveyors who surveyed the damage said that Strapping was poor and many other comments that I do not wish to mention.
Hope you forgive me all but I'm busy trying to short the insurance out and get the business going.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	damage.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	6774   Click image for larger version

Name:	damage1.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	6775   Click image for larger version

Name:	damage3.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	6776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unacceptable1.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	6777   Click image for larger version

Name:	unacceptable2.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	6778  

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2004, 13:18   #22

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
This should had been 1st
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0039.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	6779  
Old 01 July 2004, 20:26   #23

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Very sad to see this, Manos. Hope you get it all sorted soon.
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2004, 21:14   #24

Town: here,there,everywher
Make: canoe
Length: no boat
Engine: paddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
that Strapping was poor and many other comments that I do not wish to mention
sorry manos we are a bit clueless!! whot coments dont you wish to mention?
Old 02 July 2004, 06:27   #25

Orange you are pussing it so I'll be streight without any 'hidden extras'

Chips of the gell coat on 3 points on the deck of this boat
Oiled floor or heavily marked with balack boots floor
All the straps that hold the boat on the traler broken
One huch chippoed and heavily marked (actually I think that bwas second hand)
The white (light grey tubes) marked with balck stains. The reason I was insisiting for darker colours was that light grey gets very dirty easily but ............. some one new better. Well now I should ask FALCON to come here and use TOLUENE to clean them since they stained them.
Unsecured (unstrapped) battery boxes an all boats with no provision for safety straps
The trailer wheel arch (port side) bent
No boat water stopper things (I looked everywhere this time found only one but there suppose to be 3) No spares either on any boat!!
The material and glue that we've got for repairs is a joke quantity wise. One box with about 10grms if that of glue and just 30cm of material (and is only light grey where as the boats are blue and grey)
Is been a nightmare with everything so far ............ with everything!! Never expeted it!
Old 02 July 2004, 07:31   #26

.... and a chip from the floor (one of them there are 5 in total)
This is suppose to be a brand new boat still in plastic wrap.
Is my opinion and the surveyors opinion (two of them one from the carriers and one from my insurance) is that the way the boaring ladder was stored (without been wrapped in protective wrap like before it chipped the floor in the various transhipment areas that the container with my boat went).
The surveyors informed me (although I knew this before they said anyhting to me) that the damage with the engine (broken tail fin, bent pro axle, bent prop) occured because instead of the engine been storred in the container in an angle position away from the floor and the prop been protected by a protective wrap or removed (that would have been the professional thing to do) it was stored completly vertical just centimeters from the floor. How stupid and ignorant one can be. This world is fully of B@^# experst that know B@$#all about anything......
Now I have to wait for 2-3 weeks for this damage to be repaired losing revenue once again!!!
THANKS MR Orange
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unacceptable3.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	6785  
Old 02 July 2004, 09:36   #27

Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
I'm very sorry to here this Manos, but I have to say that this is what you can expect from SA, they really don't know much about packing up a container

I have seen the same thing happening to many of the shipments my dealer recieved from SA. You really need to tell them how to pack it. But I think you are right, have Falcon come to Greece and fix the problem, this is the only way they will know how to do it the next time

Regards
Rene

PS. Happy boating
Old 02 July 2004, 11:38   #28

Louise and Rene thanks guys.

NEVER AGAIN RENE
Got my lesson (a very expenssive one!!) and we have decided that instead of buying a boat cheap better to pay an extra 5,000 Euro or so buy it from Europe, have it with hypallon tubes so it can be re-sold without any problems than losing 60,000 and 70,000 Euro in revenue and not to be able to re-sell the boats quick enough.

It is very strange, in the previous shipment the engines were stored in an angle and there was no chance for a damage. Boats were fastened well with lots and lots of steal wire (although aparently I was told by both surveyors that this is very wrong way to do it but there you go). Where as in this shipment everything was wrong and the result can been seen clearly.

I should have listened to Charles!
Old 02 July 2004, 11:45   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene
PS. Happy boating
I don't think so Rene although thanks mate. I'm so P@#$ OFF that have no energy for anything. Just send two peope who wanted to charter the boats away.
IS A MESS
Old 02 July 2004, 13:25   #30

Town: Cape Sounion + Santo
Boat name: Wet N Wild I,II,III,
Make: Falcon (x6) + Waterc
Engine: 115 Yamaha + 5 bhp a
Further to the posts by Manos the final straw has now been drawn!

The leg does not exist in Greece, YAMAHA Greece, is emailing Japan to see in which country (poss Italy) they have a spare availiable to send here. According to YAMAHA it may take a while to have the engine leg delivered in Greece.

Our insurance Commercial Union in Greece has been great. They surveyed the container on the spot when the damage was notified to them (went there in 2 hours from the time they were given notice by our rep who was taking delivery), came and surveyed the damage on the engine once again yesterday with a surveyor from the carriers AND paid for the engine leg inc all other damages to the boat without any hasle what so ever. We thank them very much.
Old 02 July 2004, 13:34   #31

Town: Bracknell
Boat name: Boatless and lost
Length: no boat
MMSI: Who?
To Manos and all at BoatMad Holidays

Sorry to hear and see your current problems.

Hope all is sorted soon.

Phil
Old 02 July 2004, 18:50   #32

Cheers Phil Still trying to come to terms with this mishap
Old 06 July 2004, 10:02   #33

Hi Manos

Can't yau have somebody weld this leg, so you can get the boats out on the water.

Since the insurance have paid up. I don't supose they will want the old leg back.

Just a thought, and I do understand that you are pissed. The other thing you might do (If you where to buy another boat from them) is to go down there and supervise the boat and the packing before hand.

Sorry about the mess with your boats.

regarding the tread about the material, I don't think it would make aany difference what the boat is made of, only who build it.

Remember I too have a SA boat, and it's not perfect, but it's cheaper. And like a lot of nice people on this forum knows, you get what you pay for. We both desided to boy a cheaper boat, you got yourself a very nice boat in the first place, and they should all be like this, but they are not

I do hope you get them out on the water soon

Rene
Old 06 July 2004, 10:19   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene
Hi Manos

Can't yau have somebody weld this leg, so you can get the boats out on the water.
Cheers Rene unfortunately the prop axle has bent and all the leg needs changing. Yamaha do not hold it in stock in Greece and had to order it from Holland (they found one). The leg will here at the end of enxt week and the engineer will have it ready by the week after. It will take about 3 weeks to have the boat coaded and registered and 1 day shipment to Santorini. By that time the season is more or less over.

Regarding pricing, IMHO the boats are not cheap. Is due to the Rand been so weak. They cost quite a bit of money and even if they were cheap they should have been 100%. Defects and chips and all that should never existed.

A friend imports boats in containers from Italy and all the boats come to Greece 100% wraped without any damage. My 1st Falcon was great. The other 2 Falcons OKish and this one badly finished. Is just seems that it went downhill slowly.
Old 06 July 2004, 21:14   #35

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatMadHolidays
Hi Louise,

Very sorry we did not keep our promise to post some photos of the RIBs. They were all chartered out and we just fogot to take the camera with us. One of the boats will be back Monday next week and will make sure we take some photos with our clients on it.
We WILL NOT FORGET this time
I'm a bit confused! From this previous post, I understood all the boats were sorted and on the water being hired and you were very busy.

Now you're saying they still have to be coded
Old 07 July 2004, 05:11   #36

Town: Cape Sounion + Santo
Boat name: Wet N Wild I,II,III,
Make: Falcon (x6) + Waterc
Engine: 115 Yamaha + 5 bhp a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Fuller
Now you're saying they still have to be coded
Mr Fuller what Manos says is that in the last shipment that we had, one boat has been found to be damaged.
The spare part to repair the damage will be delivered to Greece from Holland next week.
The engineer needs a few days (one or two) for repairs and by the time this particular boat is coaded it will be more or less the end of the season.
All other boats are chartered out right now.
We hope this clears up your 'confusion'?
Old 07 July 2004, 06:51   #37

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Sorry to hear of all the problems you have been getting Manos, i am sure it will all be sorted and at least you will be in a stronger position next year tradewise, good to talk with you the other week,since then the winds have decided to blow so canceling courses which is a pain but etzi zoi e !?
regards tim
www.griffmarineservices.co.uk
Old 07 July 2004, 08:33   #38

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Engine: GM Diesels
Manos, when you post as 'boatmadholidays', what name should we address you by?
And, is it hard having two personalities, or does it come naturaly.
Old 07 July 2004, 10:02   #39

Hi Manos

I do think that maybe Falcon is a bit too busy now, so they start to comprimise on quality. This is not a nice way to treat your customers, but your "normal" customer don't normaly buy 3-4 or more boats a year, so they don't think that far forward.

Regarding shipping I havn't seen one container packed properly yet, and I have helped unpack several from SA now. they just don't know how to do it, or they don't care

Only one solution, if you ever buy a boat from Falcon again, have the boss from Falcon come to Greece and unpack the container himself. (And don't pay him before the boat is surveyed. But this will not be a problem to him since he will be there to collect the money )

Hope you will have the boat finish soon.

Regards
Rene
Old 07 July 2004, 15:32   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim griffin
since then the winds have decided to blow so canceling courses which is a pain but etzi zoi e !? regards tim
Akrivos Tim, etsi ine i zoe! Ti na kanoume?

Nice to chat over the phone. Need to get together sometime in the near future. Here the weather is the same as where you are. Winds forse 9-10 with the diffrerence that temp is up to 38 C. Weather will improve on Sat with flat calm seas and 40C (so the weatherman says)!
Is OK with the boats I've got. They are doing fine is just the damaged one that is the problem and I needed it desperately as I have inquiries every day for RIB charters and I'm losing moneys from there.