Old 06 May 2006, 15:05   #1

Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
Absar

My better half and I recently took an all expenses paid trip to Antigua to retube A revenger 27 which belongs to ABSAR (Antigua and Barbuda search and rescue). It's a fantastic place as others have mentioned on here.
I think i reached the pinnacle of my rib driving experiences over there...88 degrees, Revenger 27 Rib with 225 Opti on the back on our way to Long island at 50 knots for a bit of snorkelling .......Heaven!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	An1.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	18869   Click image for larger version

Name:	An2.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	18870   Click image for larger version

Name:	An3.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	18871   Click image for larger version

Name:	An4.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	18872  
Old 06 May 2006, 15:07   #2

Oh, and for the benefit of No Fear, below is the link to the website so you can e-mail them and slag me off.

www.absar.org
Old 06 May 2006, 16:23   #3

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Thankyou very much.Did you get in touch with Lurcher.I supose that was another bad job you did, they keep mounting up dont they.
Old 06 May 2006, 16:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fear
Thankyou very much.Did you get in touch with Lurcher.I supose that was another bad job you did, they keep mounting up dont they.
Ever heard the phrase "like a stuck record"?
Old 06 May 2006, 16:33   #5

Old 06 May 2006, 16:38   #6

I have Jimbo and coming from someone so young in years find it quite typical.Not to be taken as an insult its just at twenty one years old you havent been around yet long enough to have been ripped off,and oneday when you have you may feel angry like some of us who have.
Old 06 May 2006, 16:48   #7

Quote:
I have Jimbo and coming from someone so young in years find it quite typical.Not to be taken as an insult its just at twenty one years old you havent been around yet long enough to have been ripped off,and oneday when you have you may feel angry like some of us who have.
Thankyou for that delightful insight into my life. I am sorry, I never realised that having someone abscond with over £3000 of my money supposedly being used to buy computers, and rendering me financially destitute (and in large amounts of debt above and beyond the normal student stuff) doesn't count as being ripped off. I suppose paying over £2000 for a car that turned out to be two welded into one doesn't count either. I suppose having someone clone my debit card and spend £800 of my money also doesn't count. Having someone you know and trust(ed) abscond with family heirlooms doesn't count as being ripped off either, I guess. Young, yes I'll accept that as one of my faults, however completely untainted by the world, no. I've had a share of bad luck/bad business, and I am sure more is yet to come.

Do not loose my message in your own self pity. I may only be 20 (not 21 yet) but yes, I have been ripped off, and yes I am angry about it. I've made my points to the people I have needed to make them to over these incidents, including a couple of court cases. However I don't feel the need to jump on every forum thread a manufacturer posts to whinge like a five year old about a job everyone already knows wasn't so good, that is well in the past, and you have already rectified. Olmec didn't do you a good job. You got someone else to do it. You posted your experiences. Now get over it and let Olmecs customers decide by the quality of his work they are seeing, and if they read this forum, the comments you have made in your many posts.
Old 06 May 2006, 17:07   #8

Jimbo,I dont consider myself rapped in self pity at all and if you,d have noticed i have only posted mainly when advice has been asked reference to tubes and Olmec.It was wrong of me to assume just by your age you havent been taken for a ride.I will continue to post as and when i find it fit to.This is a forum for information and when a trader uses it to promote his business good or bad then he should expect coments on his workmanship.This thread i originaly replied to was by invitation and yes it is up to people to decide only if you give them the choice.Now are we both to end this on the lines we both agree to disagree Regards Peter
Old 06 May 2006, 17:09   #9

Quote:
Jimbo,I dont consider myself rapped in self pity at all and if you,d have noticed i have only posted mainly when advice has been asked reference to tubes and Olmec.It was wrong of me to assume just by your age you havent been taken for a ride.I will continue to post as and when i find it fit to.This is a forum for information and when a trader uses it to promote his business good or bad then he should expect coments on his workmanship.This thread i originaly replied to was by invitation and yes it is up to people to decide only if you give them the choice.Now are we both to end this on the lines we both agree to disagree Regards Peter
Yes, I agree that we will disagree on whether or not bullying in any form is acceptable on a public forum.

I am sorry you have had a bad experience with Olmec tubing, however I really do hope to see you out in your rib, and if I meet you, would love to have a pint and a chat!

Cheers, and I am now off to enjoy some excellent Italian cuisine at the hotel (one of the only good things about being here!)
Old 06 May 2006, 17:18   #10

....anyway

....this boat was used as the main support boat for the classic's racing, they're pretty big on rib's out there but most of them turn up on the back of a superyacht, we saw a couple of Ribtec's and plenty of elderly Avon searider's about.
The Seafari boats are awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	An5.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	18878   Click image for larger version

Name:	An6.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	18879