Town: Helston, Cornwall
Boat name: Silver Fern
Make: Rayglass Protector
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x 250hp Verado
MMSI: 235024092
Send a message via AIM to gingercoastie Send a message via MSN to gingercoastie
Maybe it is me but I can't see any pictures, interesting or not

Its all got to go - make me an offer...............

Skype - alexgreig
gingercoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2004, 15:18   #3

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Foggy that day was it?
Nick
Old 17 April 2004, 16:13   #4

Town: Sheerness
Boat name: TBA
Make: Parker
Engine: Mercruiser
pictures 2

I was in the process of doing so when a coffee arrived on my desk.....
heres a link for the time being

www.sheernesslifeboat.co.uk

I did not place this link up before as I did not want to be seen to plugging any boats or sites , if it offends I will take it down
Old 17 April 2004, 19:02   #5
RIBnet supporter

Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
AUCH, this Parker rib with the front cabin is like the ugly duck , strange and I bet the blue light is just standard automobile configuration and will only last few weeks in salted sea.
Old 17 April 2004, 19:29   #6

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogib
AUCH, this Parker rib with the front cabin is like the ugly duck , strange and I bet the blue light is just standard automobile configuration and will only last few weeks in salted sea.
Well Bogi you maybe correct but that particular rib has never seen the sea. It has been operated by the Polish Inland Water Rescue "WOPR" for the last 3 years on the Mazurian lakes. the lakes there are quite large so such rib is the best means for transporting casulties or getting to an emergency. The blue flashing light is of course to unsure the yotties keep well away and not get run over in the process. ( I can imagine some of us would want one of them when speeding in the Solent)

Andre
Old 17 April 2004, 20:44   #7
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygoodsdir01
I did not place this link up before as I did not want to be seen to plugging any boats or sites , if it offends I will take it down
I don't have a problem with you showing pictures of RIBs on RIBnet. I don't mind you posting a link to your Parker RIBs web site either!

I am surprised that the RNLI would allow you to use an RNLI web site (even an unofficial one) for personal gain. It could even be construed that these RIBs are in some way endorsed by the RNLI!

John

PS "The best hulls in the business" Paul Lemmer
Old 18 April 2004, 09:18   #8

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Is it me or the people in the second photo do not have any life jacket on? Lake or not lake. This cannot be a proper RNLI web site I don't think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c_rib_21_big_c.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	5263  
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2004, 10:17   #9

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
Is it me or the people in the second photo do not have any life jacket on? Lake or not lake. This cannot be a proper RNLI web site I don't think
Do you read the words at all Manos?
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2004, 10:28   #10

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
My Dear Cookee I understand your inner feeling of being a complete I@#@T but as an RNLI site - which is NOT!! - (I would have thought) safety is what they preach and therefore safety is what it should be shown at all times lake or not lake.
Old 18 April 2004, 10:42   #11

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
I don't mind you posting a link to your Parker RIBs web site
Does that make it clearer for you Manos - It is not an RNLI website - it is a Parker RIBs website and it has info on the Sheerness lifeboat and crew on it - that is all!

Of course people should wear lifejackets, but it is a free country and so is Poland last time I checked!

Your point was that it couldn't be an Official website for the RNLI when it had people not wearing lifejackets on it - well the previous posts already said that it wasn't!

I know you mean well Manos but try to keep up!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2004, 11:01   #12

Cookee despite what JK said (with whom I'm in agreement 100%) my point was that this guy is trying to pass his site as an RNLI site and show that RNLI uses his RIBs and that he is sponsoring them (it says on the site I think).
The point I am making is that if it was an RNLI sponsored site then all the photos in that site should have been with the appropriate gear.
So what I'm saying to Mr baby whotnot is that we are in Europe and since Poland suppose to be in Europe too when he claims anything in his site he is liable for that and he needs to substantiate his comments.
In Poland (as an x communist, state controlled state with backhanders and backshish - like in all x communist states - thriving) these things may not matter but in Europe they do
PS I have nothing against Polish people. In fact I think that they are the most polite persons I've ever met but some need a bit of tuning to the real life world.

PS And for Mr baby whotnot these are PROPER RNLI RIBs and have nothing to do with Parker boats I don't think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RNLI.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	5265  
Old 18 April 2004, 11:26   #13

Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
i agee with johns comments
I am surprised that the RNLI would allow you to use an RNLI web site (even an unofficial one) for personal gain. It could even be construed that these RIBs are in some way endorsed by the RNLI!

only products in use by the RNLI should use the logo toyota have given
or leased 20 hilux crew cabs to the RNLI and on the toyota web site it has the logo and words as used by the RNLI it looks like parker are paying for this site and this is very missleading as its as pics of parker rib all over it which has
nothing to do with the RLNI
Old 18 April 2004, 11:42   #14

RNLI www.sheernesslifeboat.co.uk

Well , what a stir this has caused ...................................
Any more flapping and we will have a SW11 prevailing

The web site is for the RNLI station at sheerness. I personally pay for and sponsor it and do not use the site for commercial gain. I put the link up has I did not simply have time to cut and paste pictures and resize images. The Parker images are placed to bring awareness to the Ribex show (I personally will not gain from this) however as over 250 + people have viewed the link it will only serve to increase awareness in general of the fantastic world of Ribs
This site is very busy despite the lack of completion and I respect that the content cannot be biased and only qualified information will be posted

It is not a commercial intention although as RNLI crew / mechanic I can only voice my own views and these are not the necessary shared by the RNLI.
However as a I hope to commence sales of Parker ribs this year alongside my existing import of other craft from the USA I will for obvious reasons share with yourselves the fabulous ranges developed by this company in the future. After all is this forum not for the exchange and viewpoints of all?
In the future all station web sites will come under one banner and of course should you wish to view the RNLI as a whole please feel free to visit our main site at www.rnli.org.uk there is a section for "how to join”!!!!!!

The issue with Life jackets though I would agree with irrespective of circumstances and I can assure you that this viewpoint is shared By Parker Poland and its UK dealers. They should be worn at all times. I therefore will remove the offending picture and replace with a more suitable one.....did you notice anything else though?.............anwsers on a post card please

On a separate note this morning have returned from RNLI service to find the Thames littered with many Ribs of various sizes anybody know what was happening?

Have a nice weekend all of you

PS did I mention parker Ribs?
Old 18 April 2004, 15:26   #15

Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
Its The Flora London Marathon

Shame About The Rain But To Day Is The 2004 London Marathon
30 Thousand + Runnig 26 Miles And The River Must Be A Good Point
To Gain Access To The Route
Old 19 April 2004, 09:32   #16

RNLI official or not ww.sheernesslifeboat.co.uk

Morning all,

I have had chance to reflect on the Geeks (I need to check spelling again)
Stavros or whatever’s comments.

This is a web site owned by me! Not the RNLI it is like the other 300 private web sites for the RNLI in the UK. Its main aim is to promote the station and its activities in SAR (search and rescue to foreign nationals) as well as roles of the crew etc which i think our site does very well.The Lifeboat stations survive off 100% voluntary donations and without awareness such as this could not survive. Thus the majority of stations such as ours buy and produce their own web sites. The cost is considerable as I am sure you are aware being a high internet user. I make decisions of what should be posted and what should not be. If I think for example that deltas 5.5 dash might be interesting to users of the site I will post it, the same goes for a picture of a Greek Donkey! although the latter is probrably the same as the derivative found in Blackpool.

Its aim is not to highlight political correctness nor is it to act as big brother in the world of eCommerce. The views expressed within are that of the station and its crew and of course my dear self

With regards to Parker Ribs not being used by the RNLI officially you are correct (this once) however many station crew have bought their own boats to train with in their own time to further their capabilities and as such various Ribs have entered in to service. I for one have bought the Parker 630D to allow the crew to use at the station at Sheerness Yes that’s a significant 5 figure investment to ensure that crews can look after the safety of fellow ribsters such as your good self. Its sea keeping and handling are unparalleled in the market and it’s these attributes that one looks for in the hostile environment we are often deployed in. It is with this in mind that we choose the parker 630 D for its role.

You kindly posted a few pictures of and I quote "Ribs" for me to see ...........whilst on the subject of correctness and political debate I though I would highlight that these are not actually Ribs .......the craft most prominent are D class Inshore Lifeboats of which I have daily experience. Flat bottomed they resemble a lilo you would find off Santorini however they remain a good work horse but do not compare to the Parker ranges. Even the New replacement for this class has suffered during trials and without going in to too much detail modifications both mechanically and structurally are taking place.

So Manic ( whoops spelling ) whether or not I choose to use the site to promote holiday villas , ribs , donkeys lilos is my choice.Hey I could even promote the seedy side of Patros or Piraeus to endear people to the charms of the Ionian sea ways...............I guess the need for lifejackets is Zero in that location as from recolection you walk acrooss the harbour on debris

Freedom of speech is good but I think you take things a bit out of context.
Old 19 April 2004, 09:53   #17

Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
I'm not going to comment on the website, as I'm really don't want to get involved and as you say its your website so you can do what you want with it.

However, I have to say something about this comment:

Quote:
I guess the need for lifejackets is Zero in that location as from recolection you walk acrooss the harbour on debris
How can you say this. If anybody falls overboard and falls unconscious, or blacks out which is quite possible, when travelling at speed with the impact of hitting the water being far greater than when stationary. An unconscious person will not be able to walk across to the harbour on debris!! Remember You can drown in your own bath at home!!(a foot of water) Also would you not think that this may be setting a bad example!!!

It is my opinion that lifejackets should always be worn onboard any watercraft that is on water, whether it is tied up at the marina or going flat out across the atlantic.
Old 19 April 2004, 11:20   #18

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
" Only the foolish will disagree"

Don't be so pompous! What you are saying is arrogant beyond belief.

What you are saying boils down to "this is my opinion and you are a fool if you don't agree".

Personally I wear a life jacket most of the time, but what gives you the right to tell me what I should think or do. Free choice used to be the basis of democracy. Encouragement of differing opinions should promote this. Wear a lifejacket if you wish, don't if you don't wish. Make them available on your boat for all those people who you are responsible for, both morally and legally, but don't lecture me on what I should or shouldn't do. If I fall in and drown because I chose not to wear a life jacket then so be it. It was MY choice. What I do does not affect you. The minute it affects you directly, then that is when you may approach me with your opinion.

Perhaps if people stopped trying to interfere with the opinions, wishes and beliefs of others we would all get along a lot better in this world.......and this is my opinion
Old 19 April 2004, 11:31   #19

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Would it be useful to simply say that lifejackets help save lives and help to prevent the terrible tragedies (drownings) that cause so much pain to bereaved families.

Missus
Old 19 April 2004, 11:42   #20

Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
Sorry, I was out of line. I did not mean to offend, or be arrogant. I did state that it was my opinion, but I do realise that it is your own choice. I have had personal experience of a crew member being knocked over board on a yacht. He was unconscious and the lifejacket saved his life. I guess I just got a little caught up in the moment!!

You will notice that I have edited my previous post. Sorry again!! I did not want to cause any controversy.

Lets just keep it safe.