Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > Bits and pieces
Click Here to Login

Old 17 May 2019, 23:38   #1

Town: Redondo Beach
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Nissan 90
Wanted: Searider drain tubes and footstraps

I'm restoring my 1992 5.4m Searider and looking for footstraps and new drain tubes / snorkels, whatever they are called. Anyone have a source? I can certainly fabricate my own out of crushed neoprene or rubberized canvas or something, but I'd prefer to keep it looking stock if possible.

I'm in Los Angeles, not many Seariders around here, haven't found any sources for parts in the US.

Thanks.
Old 21 May 2019, 14:07   #2

Town: Kent
Boat name: Boxer
Make: Halmatic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 60 yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrr.carlson View Post
I'm restoring my 1992 5.4m Searider and looking for footstraps and new drain tubes / snorkels, whatever they are called. Anyone have a source? I can certainly fabricate my own out of crushed neoprene or rubberized canvas or something, but I'd prefer to keep it looking stock if possible.

I'm in Los Angeles, not many Seariders around here, haven't found any sources for parts in the US.

Thanks.

They are called elephant trunk nailers very expensive to buy.⚓️[emoji383][emoji879]
Old 21 May 2019, 17:20   #3
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
I think Henshaws sell them, which means Wing in the US should be able to supply. However the right size Layflat tubing/pipe may be cheaper...
Old 22 May 2019, 02:10   #4

Thanks, all. I had not thought of wing. I did find them at Ron Hale for £87, for the whole assembly, each. I'll take a closer look at how much of the hard collar is left, that would certainly open up options for replacing just the hypalon part.

here's the boat, and the project: https://www.rogercarlsonphotography....-SeaRider-RIB/
Old 24 May 2019, 23:50   #5

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Henshaws do indeed sell them as above, along with footstraps. They will ship to the US.

Ribshop (also UK based) do two sizes of elephant trunk, US shipping is less than £20 off the top of my head. Trunks are about £40.

Just looked up what Ron Hale has - the real deal, at a price! If it were me I'd probably go with the genuine one for a totally factory finish.
Old 08 June 2019, 03:36   #6

update on trunks and the project

So, I can't find the trunks (and the big Avon logo patches) anywhere but Ron Hale, and he won't ship to the US. I'm going to try to patch mine up. The fittings are in good shape, and most of the hypalon is good, it's only bad where it's been heavily creased, so I'm going to put a new collar of hypalon around that entire area. Won't exactly be stock but it should look fine. If it doesn't come out well, perhaps I'll ask if anyone is willing to pay some postage for me.

Here's an update on the project. Bet you've never seen a sea rider do this. I wanted to work on the hull, it's very oxidized, it's an ugly mustard color, and the previous owner patched it in a few spots with red gelcoat, poorly. All that has to go. So I flipped the boat. After looking at a lot of different options, I decided to do it in the water, I just grabbed the boat by the single bow eye and it worked out great. I built a frame for the trailer (and padded it with neoprene) and the boat is very nicely upside down now.

Photos here:

and here's one in mid air, lets see if this works:

Old 17 June 2019, 02:10   #7

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Ribshop also do the Avon badges and will ship to the US.

Tags
searider