Click Here to Login

Old 23 July 2013, 21:05   #1

Town: Helsinki
Boat name: SR 5.4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Toh1 3,5 Yam 90/2S
Sterndrive engine wanted !

Recently become owner of a Flipper 666 boat(project) without engine. Typical engine on this boat is a MerCruiser 3.0 L / 4.3 L TKS or MPI engines in combination with Alfa drive.

Some boats has also been equipped with small diesels(VPTAMD22SX and mercruiser 1.7dti, vp D3.)

I am looking for a used, preferably complete package, everything included(engine, complete drive, gauges....).Trying too keep the cost down so guess the Mercruiser gas engines is most realistic option.
This boat will hit the water only spring 2014 but sourcing of stuff and parts always take longer than expected so decided to star the drive/engine hunt already now. So if someone know a good unit that is on its way, i have time to wait.

My plan is not to do a engine/drive restoration project so looking for parts in OK condition and hopefully known service history.

If sourcing of a good inboard unit turns to be tough, maybe will take the angel grinder and turn it to a 150-225 hp outboard boat with a bracket...

Suggest here or send PM's, thanks in advance!

By the way, still having and using my SR 5.4!
Old 23 July 2013, 21:44   #2

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Hard to find a decent used petrol package. New is a better option, nice warranty, and if you shop around, you should get a 3.0 merc on Alpha for around £6k, or a 4.3 for £7k, plus tax of course.
Old 24 July 2013, 06:27   #3

Yes, need some luck to find a good used unit. Hopping that someone has upgraded to diesel or bigger engine. There is a 1.7dti for sale on boats and ouboards but i am not brave enough to go that route.

New ones ar kind of cheap but its still a lot of money so not yet there. Its not exluded that to buy the drive and engine separately, but as I am a total rookie regarding sterndrives, would prefere a package. Still searching!
Old 07 August 2013, 15:15   #4

Best price so far was from OSS GmbH in Germany 3.0 L TKS and alpha, just under 7K euro including tax. Think its grey import(USA Mercruiser) but still CE certs included and 2 yers warranty.

Still hoping to source a used package but so far nothing..... Really tempted to turning it to a outboard boat, not a huge job, but that would most likely ruin second hand value.