Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
Hello blackadder,
Thank you for the fast answer. The height would fit. I have a Ribcraft 7.8, it has the laminated seats, I would have to cut them off at the bottom and insert the corresponding nuts, because of that I lose two waterproof storage boxes. Now you have written that you also have other seats that are sitting on a console, if I understand that correctly. I took a look at them at ullman, I hope they were the right ones ?! if these are the ones i have seen i could shorten some of the consoles of my seats and don't have to cut them off completely, so i would have two small storage boxes under the seats. what do you think of the idea? so please, could you send me a photo of the seats so that i'm sure they're the ones i looked at? and a price for the seats but without the console? That would be very helpful for me, then I could decide which one to take. Would you agree to paypal payment? Then you can send me the details of where I should send the money right away. Thank you for your help.
Greetings Joachim
Hi Joachim...Just read you're post...
Concerning losing the waterproof storage capacity you currently enjoy in your standard RC seats...and indeed all things on a RIB are a compromise.
However,there is another option that works for me....I have put two waterproof hatches in my Ulmman seat bases (located on side with no ill-effects) just to add a bit more secure storage...I use it for Ropes ...Fenders ect..

The seal is not 100% waterproof (in my case) as I often need to re- move them ...and rear Jockey seats (which do offer compete dry storage) to facilitate Tarp camping on deck...so only store stuff I'm not bothered about keeping dry...I have a R.C 6.8
However ...If you do not wish to remove the Ullmans on a regular basis....some decent silicone or similar sealer would soon give you the option to make it 100% waterproof storage...and as we know every little helps
Hope the info might be useful

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 11:14   #22

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
If it is for storing fenders and ropes that tend to end up being damp, you could have seat bases that are open.

Originally they were going to be boxed in with an access hatch but I ended up going down a different route.

I've got netting around the lower half to keep things captive, which isn't shown in the photo.

My sandwiches go in the console.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2489.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	135857  
Old 20 December 2020, 15:08   #23

Town: Luebeck
Boat name: Jumper
Make: Ribcraft 7.8
Length: 7m +
Engine: 300 Suzu
Thank you for your ideas, but it looks a little different for me. Since we mainly use the boat as a couple to go on longer tours or for salmon trolling in winter, i need a lot of space in the stern. I've built a shelter that I drive open in summer and close in winter, with heating of course :-)
If we drive with more than two people, they have to sit on the hoses. Unfortunately, the original seats from RC are not very comfortable when you are touring for a long time, that's why we decided on the ullman. The second reason is to have the opportunity to sit down when the sea is a bit rougher, without having to stand for hours, we are no longer 50 years :-)
So, thank you again for your great suggestions.
Greetings Joachim
Old 21 December 2020, 13:44   #24

Town: Trearddur Bay
Boat name: Myles Aweigh
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo inboard diesel
RIBase
Sorry now sold I still have a pair of patrols
Old 21 December 2020, 15:58   #25

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
The seal is not 100% waterproof (in my case) as I often need to re- move them ...and rear Jockey seats (which do offer compete dry storage) to facilitate Tarp camping on deck...UOTE]

Sorry without hijacking thread ...............Any pictures ???.......what about starting new thread "Tarp Camping " fancy doing something like that on my nautica 19 !