Click Here to Login

Old 11 May 2020, 08:27   #1

Town: Southern California
Boat name: Big Bukn
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude Johnosn
Pair of Johnson 30HP IMARS Submersible DuraJet outboard USMC USN USA

Trying to get some photos up now. Having trouble with photos. Getting invalid image error message.

Photos can be seen here:

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/th...n-seal.744914/

I have a pair of 1992 Johnson 30hp IMARS submersible outboards with duraJets. These were purchased from ACT. Orlando. They were stored indoors in 2011 and have not been started since. When I removed them they ran good, started quick, shifted properly etc. I took the hoods off tonight and I see that one is missing both spark plug wires (I probably needed parts for another motor in a pinch). I will be ordering the plug wires and replacing them.

I have been collecting USMC boats for years. Right now I have too many motors not enough boats. Its started to get out of control. I can use another F470, F420 or mil spec rhib. I will consider trading both of these motors for another boat.

SIDE NOTE*
I used these on my Zodiac F470 AZTEC & FC470 until 2011. In 2011 I removed them and installed a Kraft Modification Kit on the F470. I replaced the dual 30's with a submersible 55 Johnson Enforcer. I swapped them because dual rope start, tiller handle, manual tilt outboards can get hectic. However, I really liked the reliability aspect of having 2 motors while fishing/diving/surfing in Mexico and traveling off shore. If you have a competent coxswain to help you it makes things very easy. By yourself it can get hectic.

Tags
sib, outboard