Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > Bits and pieces
Click Here to Login

Old 05 March 2013, 12:32   #1

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Johnson 20 Longshaft - C.1973 vintage (re-listing)

Make us an offer in the £200-ish bracket.

I've a 50% share in this so will need to run anything less past the co-owner. It needs a servce, so if you can live with it "as is", we will be open to lesser offers! My current estimate is it needs new spark plugs, carb needs a good clean and although it pumps water OK, I would recommend an impeller change.

Engine is a twin pot longhaft non thru prop exhaust version. Bottom tray cracked, so a bit rattly when running but otherwise works. Was electric start, although we removed the starter as part of a hernia reducing plan. Will supply starter with the engine. Can refit if you really want. Usually starts second or third pull. Also carries a lid proclaiming it to be a 25. (it was bought in our youth as a 25 before we reaslised the whole "parts commonality" thing....)

Runs a bit rough at low speed due to not having been serviced for a while.

Also have a full set of 1970s Morse Single lever remotes & cables for it - £30 if you buy with the engine.

I'll be travelling to Essex next week, so could do a free delivery / meet at a suitable service station on the M74/A66/A1/(A14)/M11 corridor. Usual free delivery offer to the Scottish Central belt any time is there, but anywhere south of there - now is your chance!

Link to previous post with pics: http://www.rib.net/forum/f10/1972-jo...tml#post479270
Note it's no longer "lying Oban", and in case you are wondering, the XLR plug on the front of the case is for the deadman - we used the hole for the WOT mix adjuster knob that we locked off at an appropriate mix. I may even be able to dig that out if you fancy restoring it to it's former glory.

If anyone is interested, let me know soon, especially if you want the starter re-fitted.
Old 29 January 2014, 21:54   #2

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Bump - Price reduced to £150

Currently Lying Oban way, but can bring to the Central belt if anyone is interested.

Might even manage a "down south" delivery if you can wait.