Town: Ellenton, FL
Boat name: FC-470
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: 55h Johnson Enforcer
MMSI: 338118943
Send a message via AIM to Lincoln Charlie
IMARS 35hp Outboard with Pump Jet $3000 w/ free freighting

I have a 35HP OMC IMARS (Improved Military Amphibious Reconnaissance System) with the Pump Jet and the Dewatering feature. This is the long shaft 18" model. These are incredibly rare and difficult to track down. What's even more rare is the USMC technical manual (included). And the Engine Suppressor (included). This Engine Suppressor lowers your thermal signature on the water and also reduces your engines noise level by roughly 20DB.

The Military had these commissioned in the 90's by OMC. They are like any other standard 2 cycle 2 stroke outboard motor with the exception of *indentations on the pistons. And the pump jet on the lower unit instead of a traditional prop.

They are able to withstand seven days total *immersion in the ocean at depths up to 400' deep and then able to be fired up topside after a couple of pulls by the starter expelling all water.

ACT Inc (Applied Combustion Technology) ACT, Inc. Orlando, Florida USA based out of Orlando, FL is the Company that was commissioned to design and manufacture the Pump Jet for the DOD. They offer a lifetime warranty on all their products regardless of original ownership. I have had this motor fully serviced by ACT.

It runs exceptionally well. It always starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull. I don't really want to sell this after how much time it took to locate. But I have gotten a 55hp Johnson Enforcer now and simply don't have the room for storage. I reserve the right to decline this sale to anyone. If I don't deem your purpose and knowledge on the subject to be sufficient I will pass on the transaction.

IMARS being flushed at idle speed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gahtado3rmxp0i5/IMARS.MOV?m

IMARS running wide open in the Gulf of Mexico:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63nw9e9g8t...20Mexico.mov?m

DOD Fielding Plan for the IMARS :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/el6a4sp2ig...20I-MARS.pdf?m

DOD Safety Evaluation for the IMARS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gicb5k3d7...20Report.pdf?m
Old 10 March 2013, 19:46   #2

PRICE DROP: $2500 OBO
PM, Call/Text: (361) 265-8539
Old 14 March 2013, 13:31   #3

Town: New Jersey
Make: 733
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar
Sweet Motor
Old 15 March 2013, 02:49   #4

Town: New York City
Boat name: T/T Something Bigger
Make: Bollinger 6MAvon 5.4
Length: 10m +
Engine: TJohnson75hp/Y90
I also have one of these motors. Is there anyone besides act in Orlando that you found can work on them? Thanks
Old 15 March 2013, 07:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gstnj View Post
Sweet Motor
Thanks!
Old 15 March 2013, 07:03   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe007 View Post
I also have one of these motors. Is there anyone besides act in Orlando that you found can work on them? Thanks
Hey brother, you can have the IMARS serviced at any reputable marine shop. However, the pump jet can only be serviced by ACT.
Old 15 March 2013, 16:27   #7

I have taken it to a few reputable shops and have not been overly impressed. I am going to ship the entire lump to act for a service. Mine is painted the gray as yours was originally, was it expensive to have yours painted black? Also where did you get the cowl cover? That looks sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Old 15 March 2013, 17:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe007 View Post
I have taken it to a few reputable shops and have not been overly impressed. I am going to ship the entire lump to act for a service. Mine is painted the gray as yours was originally, was it expensive to have yours painted black? Also where did you get the cowl cover? That looks sharp!

Hey John, good idea to ship yours to ACT. I had my Pump Jet completely redone under their "Non-Original Owners Warranty". Standard fee for that is $250. It will be in brand new condition after-wards. I also had them re-service and paint the motor as you're aware. If I recall correctly, total price out the door was $420. Not bad at all. The entire outboard will run like a top after that. Enjoy.

PS: Regarding the "Engine Noise Suppressor". When you contact ACT, ask to speak with Phil. He's been there for 20 years. He's the main service fellow. Let him know you're interested in one and see what he does...
Old 16 March 2013, 05:28   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Charlie View Post

Hey John, good idea to ship yours to ACT. I had my Pump Jet completely redone under their "Non-Original Owners Warranty". Standard fee for that is $250. It will be in brand new condition after-wards. I also had them re-service and paint the motor as you're aware. If I recall correctly, total price out the door was $420. Not bad at all. The entire outboard will run like a top after that. Enjoy.

PS: Regarding the "Engine Noise Suppressor". When you contact ACT, ask to speak with Phil. He's been there for 20 years. He's the main service fellow. Let him know you're interested in one and see what he does...
Not bad at all! Thanks very much for the detailed and speedy response.

Old 22 April 2013, 23:02   #10

UPDATE: Now selling this for $1950 or best offer.

Thanks.
Old 01 June 2013, 21:40   #11

SOLD | SOLD | SOLD |

Thanks for looking everyone, this outboard has been sold to a Ribnet Forums user!
Old 30 July 2013, 06:20   #12

Town: Vancouver, WA
Make: Zodiac FC470
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40 HP Yamaha
Just saw this post, I would have loved to buy your IMARS 35 for my FC470! Where did you track down your Johnson Enforcer?
Old 30 July 2013, 06:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantG View Post
Just saw this post, I would have loved to buy your IMARS 35 for my FC470! Where did you track down your Johnson Enforcer?
Sorry brother! I got lucky with my enforcer, I got it from the former South East District Manager for Zodiac MilPro.
Old 30 July 2013, 13:29   #14

All good, great score on the Enforcer! How much of a noticeable difference in power is there between the IMARS 35 and the Johnson Enforcer?

I just recently aquired my F470 with the roll-up floor, so the 35 hp I have will do for the time being. However, I would like to upgrade to a hard deck with enforcer in the future. I did recently get a 6 gallon MilPro fuel bladder which was a nice find.

Do you have paddles for your boat? I bought paddle from the link below. These paddles are straight from Coronado, all blacked out, and four of these fit perfectly in the paddle storage inside an FC470!

Carlisle Seal Team Boat Paddles | Military Surplus, Outdoor and Tactical Gear

Also, Have you seen the FC470 gear from Patriot3? It is expensive, but the they have the coolest aftermarket accessories for these boats.

MIB Deplyment Accessories
Old 30 July 2013, 15:15   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantG View Post
All good, great score on the Enforcer! How much of a noticeable difference in power is there between the IMARS 35 and the Johnson Enforcer?

I just recently aquired my F470 with the roll-up floor, so the 35 hp I have will do for the time being. However, I would like to upgrade to a hard deck with enforcer in the future. I did recently get a 6 gallon MilPro fuel bladder which was a nice find.

Do you have paddles for your boat? I bought paddle from the link below. These paddles are straight from Coronado, all blacked out, and four of these fit perfectly in the paddle storage inside an FC470!

Carlisle Seal Team Boat Paddles | Military Surplus, Outdoor and Tactical Gear

Also, Have you seen the FC470 gear from Patriot3? It is expensive, but the they have the coolest aftermarket accessories for these boats.

MIB Deplyment Accessories
Great find on the paddles Grant! Appreciate the share. I will be purchasing a couple of those for sure. I checked out P3's site, cool stuff. Any idea who sells it? Or do you simply contact them directly for pricing & sales?

In answer to your question; yes, there is a substantial difference in felt horsepower between the 35hp & the 55hp. While top speed (with pump jet) isn't much different you could probably flip an empty zodiac bow over stern, if you went straight WOT out of the gate. With a full payload in the zodiac the enforcer is definitely what you'd want.

I had mine at capacity with the IMARS and it was a sunday drive at best. With the enforcer it doesn't sweat it at all.
Old 31 July 2013, 21:39   #16

Ya, the paddles are a good find and well worth the money. They look brand new, but just have some glue residue on the shaft which can be removed with Goo-Gone.

Thanks for the insights the IMARS vs Johnson Enforcer. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for a hard deck and an Enforcer outboard.

Patriot3 mostly sells to the government, but the will sell to private parties. I received a price quote on all of their FC470 accessories. Send me your email address and I can forward you the quote. As I mentioned, their products aren't inexpensive but they are badass. I think I'm going to be getting their bow mounted dry bag and maybe their cargo net system.

Thanks again, Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Charlie View Post
Great find on the paddles Grant! Appreciate the share. I will be purchasing a couple of those for sure. I checked out P3's site, cool stuff. Any idea who sells it? Or do you simply contact them directly for pricing & sales?

In answer to your question; yes, there is a substantial difference in felt horsepower between the 35hp & the 55hp. While top speed (with pump jet) isn't much different you could probably flip an empty zodiac bow over stern, if you went straight WOT out of the gate. With a full payload in the zodiac the enforcer is definitely what you'd want.

I had mine at capacity with the IMARS and it was a sunday drive at best. With the enforcer it doesn't sweat it at all.
Old 06 August 2014, 02:38   #17

Town: Braselton
Boat name: Silence
Engine: 55 Johnson Enforcer
Same IMARS engine for sale with JP 470 MIL boat and trailer for sale

This engine runs like a top just as advertised
I bought it last year and put it on an affordable knock of of the famous Zodiac 470 made by JP Marine
Boat has been in water once
Motor has has maybe 1 hour on it since last summer when I purchased it from LC
I have a trailer for this setup that gets the job done
Selling package for $3,000 obo
I have about 5K invested
Selling lake house so need someone else to enjoy this rig
Doc
770 714 4417
Located near ATL
Old 15 September 2014, 05:15   #18

Town: Savannah
Boat name: none
Make: zodiac
Engine: none
Doc,
Do you still have your set up for sale? would you be interested in just selling the motor? I might be interested in the trailer? I already have a F470 and have been looking for this kind of motor. I'm currently working over seas, but will be back Stateside Savannah, GA mid Oct. Please feel free to email me directly shane.mccray@yahoo.com Thank you for your time
Old 22 December 2021, 19:30   #19

Town: Louisiana
Boat name: Dirk Diggler
Make: alweld
Engine: outboard aml35d
would like to pay for copy of manual for AML-35D

Hello I would like to pay for copy of manual for AML-35D thankyou.
email me at joshua2711@hotmail.com PLEASE!!!