Old 28 June 2012, 15:47   #1

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
1972 Johnson 25 Longshaft - Lying Oban

Make us an Offer.
I've a 50% share in this so will need to run "properly silly" offers past the co-owner.
Will check it still runs tomorrow / Sat. Video won't realistically be available here 'till Monday 2nd. Maybe Sunday night.

If anyone in the Oban area is interested, we could deliver on Saturday / Sunday morn. (Tomorrow Eve if you donlt are if it;s tested!). Anyone in the Central Belt - we vcan bring it back, but the plan is to take it to the second hand place under Aldi (Oban Boat Store?) unless someone here dives in first. We should have video of it going by Saturday morning. If the shop falls over laughing at first sight of it - it's available here exclusivley! Central Belt preople, ideally show interest by Saturday Morning, and we can go find a wifi connection to send you the vid!

Engine is a twin pot longhaft non thru prop exhaust version. Bottom tray cracked, so a bit rattly when running but otherwise works. Was electric Start, although we removed the starter as part of a hernia reducing plan. Will supply starter with the engine. Can refit if you really want. Usually starts second or third pull.

Only reason for sale is that we sold the hull it used to push along (Dory no more! ) and as it's now as much hassle to launch my Rib as drag it out the shed and down to the beach, we decided to not buy an old Workboat / Soprotsboat to hang it on and so it is now surplus to requirements.

It's last run was to push a Dory to the top of Loch Etive and back from Linnhe Marine. If we find that it has stopped working since a suitable discount will be applied!
Old 01 August 2012, 09:30   #2

Bump + Photos.

Too much lethargy on the Sat mron last time - Boat Store had closed by the trime we got there! Back up next week, with Rib this time so could even do an island delivery.

Here's some photos. There's more pics & a vid of it running if you want to see them.

We are talking in the "couple of hundred" ballpark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0002.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	70777   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	70778   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0010.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	70779   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0009.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	70780  
Old 07 August 2012, 10:22   #3

Town: Livingston
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 35Hp
Hi,
Is the engine still available, I'm interested my No is 07771745819 If you could let me know that would be great
Old 27 August 2012, 12:07   #4

Amendement / apology to Terry.

Thanks to Terry having a short shaft 25, I must thank Terry & apologise that it turns out this engine isn't a 25. It would appear to be a 20. Only when sat side by side do the differences become apparent.

When bought it 16 years ago there was no online microfiches etc, and the slighty ill fitting lid we put down to age and the plastic warping. It now appears the slightly ill fitting lid could be summarised as "we wiz done." |The really strange thing is we have bought dozens of spare parts for it as a 25, all of which have fitted...

It does however explain the apparent lack of oomph was not actually down to it being old and shoving a lardy waterlogged dory along, but actually being 5Hp down on the case boast even before taking into account the "HP at crank" issues of the 1960s/70s. It would appear we bought a sheep in wolves clothing.

So,

Anyone want a Longshaft 20 Hp Johnson with the wrong lid?
Now lying Central belt for easy delivery to Glasgow - Edinburgh - Perth & maybe beyond if you can wait. (I will be heading to Hartlepool / Stockton area next week if anyone down there is interested).

or

Anyone got an old Johnsorude 20 HP lid from the early 70s they don't need?