RIB / SIB Name Nagual
Year 1994
Make Zodiac Hurricane
Model 590 "Rescue"
Color Blacktubes/Grey GRP
Length (Metres) 5.90
Hull Type RIB - GRP
1994 Zodiac Hurricane 590 "Rescue"
1994 Zodiac Hurricane 590 "Rescue" 1994 Zodiac Hurricane 590 "Rescue" 1994 Zodiac Hurricane 590 "Rescue"
Basic Information Prior to my purchase, boat was in service with Canadian customs service in Vancouver area.
Exterior Modifications
Believe the boat is essentially as original. Fairly bare bones, rescue type boat. 4 cuft stow box added at sometime in past. We added hypalon doublers to the bottom half, aft 10' of tubes. Boat had been stored on sea water, causing some erosion from marine life. Also, as the boat was used in large international shipping harbor there were a lot of little dings in the tubes below waterline from floating debris.

Installed 1" sailboat T-track with sliders for gear tie-down in bow with 1" ratchet straps.

Electronics and Navigation
1994 Zodiac Hurricane 590 "Rescue" Electronics and Navigation
Lowrance HDS7 Gen2
VHF Icom IC-M422

Installed a RELAXN® LED - SOLAR 360° ANCHOR LIGHT solar/wind powered anchor light prior to Hakai trip that works great. Time will tell how it holds up. Update: 2 1/2 years later still working great. Update: 4 years old, day/night auto on/off no longer works. I'll buy another one unless I find something better.

Engine and Fuel Tank Information
2007 Yamaha F150TLR

Fuel tank as far as I know is 35 U.S. gal, per the March 1991 Technical Manual provided with boat. The way the transmitter is set up and the boat squats in the back, gauge reads about empty at probably 10+ gals.
Update: Have added a stowable 55 gal fuel badder and 9.9 high thrust get-me-home motor prior to a trip around Moresby Island, BC.

Gear and Accessories
1994 Zodiac Hurricane 590 "Rescue" Gear and Accessories
Kokatat Gore-Tex Expedition Dry Suits. Fantastic, we love these suits, although the Kokatat Radius 2-Piece Dry Suit might be more practical as the pants can be used without top for wading, accessing/managing boat at shoreline.

Gath retractable visor helmets. Makes for a much more comfortable ride in an open boat at speed. Reduces engine noise, blocks spray or rain, eliminates wind in eyes, adjustable as a sun visor. Use as much or little of the visor as you need for the conditions. I use a thin skull cap inside for more warmth and comfort.

Favorite Cruising Destinations
Places less traveled in my region.
Comments: 0 / Views: 2398

Tags
zodiac