RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIB gallery (http://www.rib.net/forum/f16/)
-   -   Saily Boat idiots (http://www.rib.net/forum/f16/saily-boat-idiots-9796.html)

limeydal 08 May 2005 14:49

Saily Boat idiots

1 Attachment(s)
You think this guy would have realised he was outmatched!!
Still tried to cut across this outgoing cruise ship yesterday. :eek:
I was watching and waiting to go in and pick up the pieces but he just about made it.
Maybe just because he has a mast on that thing, he thinks the cruise ship should give way.
(even though he was under power and the cruise ship had right of way anyhow)

cheers Dal

Jimbo 08 May 2005 15:57

1 Attachment(s)
Be careful, be very careful (Me upset, sailing is now, and will always be my first love!)

I don't think he was even close, clearly not trying hard enough. The attached picture shows me at the Yachting World Dayboat Nationals playing chicken with a ferry; I was only 14', and I DID have sails up!

ollyit 08 May 2005 16:24

jezzzus, thought it was a windsurfer at first! :eek: :sick:

Jimbo 08 May 2005 16:30

I was going almost as fast as a windsurfer...

What can I say? I though the ferry might want to play! I bought the driver a drink later, apparently I scared him witless; he thought he'd run me down...

limeydal 08 May 2005 16:36

2 Attachment(s)
Jimbo,
at least having the sails up, you had some speed !!
This guy was puttering across on his engine only and wasn't making that much headway.
PS I still like "saily things" heres a couple to make you feel better!

codprawn 08 May 2005 17:02

Remember power must give way to sail..............

Bloody hell Dal - you certainly get out on the water a lot - no wonder you moved out there - don't you get bored of the weather!!!

Having said that the last few days here have been great for ribbing - if I had my rib!!! Have taken to standing out on piers and jettys to be as close to the sea as possible - SAD!!!

Jimbo 08 May 2005 17:14

2 things:

Vessel restricted in ability to maneuvre
Vessel constrained by draught

I wasn't going to spend too long arguing, I was close, but I wasn't going to hit him!

Looking at some of those Yacht photos, I wish I was where you are Dal! Made me jealous!

codprawn 08 May 2005 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo
2 things:

Vessel restricted in ability to maneuvre
Vessel constrained by draught

I wasn't going to spend too long arguing, I was close, but I wasn't going to hit him!

Looking at some of those Yacht photos, I wish I was where you are Dal! Made me jealous!

I was just being sarky.............

limeydal 09 May 2005 01:56

GPS Test

Codprawn,
yes love being on the water :cool:
Must admit I'm trying to get the boat all ready for a camping trip to the Channel Islands next month. (21 miles offshore )
So just fitted Sounder/GPS/plotter and was playing around seeing how it worked this weekend.
Thought I needed it ,as although good weather here, we do get early morning fog.
Must admit even with the base maps it came with,it does seem to do a great job :thumbs:

cheers Dal

codprawn 09 May 2005 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by limeydal
Codprawn,
yes love being on the water :cool:
Must admit I'm trying to get the boat all ready for a camping trip to the Channel Islands next month. (21 miles offshore )
So just fitted Sounder/GPS/plotter and was playing around seeing how it worked this weekend.
Thought I needed it ,as although good weather here, we do get early morning fog.
Must admit even with the base maps it came with,it does seem to do a great job :thumbs:

cheers Dal

I would have thought the channel Islands were a bit further than that!!!