RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Drysuits (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/drysuits-8349.html)

marknj 04 January 2005 14:18

Drysuits

What drysuit do you use/recomend? I'm going to the boatshow and will probably return having ordered one. The only thing I an sure of is that I want hard boots, not socks.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Mark.

Louise 04 January 2005 14:22

Mark - this has been discussed before so do a search. My other half swears by his Ravenspring. They custom make them to fit and hard boots is an optional extra (more I'm afraid!). They were at Southampton Boat Show so should be at Excel (just checked - they're on stand N1151). They're on the web too www.ravenspring.co.uk . HTH :hi:

Andre 04 January 2005 14:37

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marknj
What drysuit do you use/recomend? I'm going to the boatshow and will probably return having ordered one. The only thing I an sure of is that I want hard boots, not socks.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Mark.

Mark

Typhoon WOSS :thumbs: with fully breathable yellow top and hard boots. This is the same suit as used by the RNLI and of course myself. No harm in having a good undersuit and this you can also get from Typhoon ie the XCU comes to mind :D

checkout also www.typhoon-int.co.uk

TIM 04 January 2005 16:37

Dont Buy Helly Hanson

Gavin has had nothing but trouble with his one :sick: ... I think he is on his third or fourth now :( ..... I think it would make a better tea bag , because it lets in so much water :eek:

Ezgoing 04 January 2005 17:35

Tim
Is Gavins' not a Helly Hansen?

BTW thks for a fun day on dec 28.

rgds

mstacey 05 January 2005 02:13

Ravenspring made to measure and hard boots for me

TIM 05 January 2005 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezgoing
Tim
Is Gavins' not a Helly Hansen?

BTW thks for a fun day on dec 28.

rgds

Yeah your 100% right .. But when you are dyslexic it looks allthe same!! :D

28 DEC yeah good blast....our Rib is out for its yearly service , water pumps , antifoul anodes etc ......

BACK TO THE PIONT

I have a ravenspring, with comfert zip and origanily I had the Boots .... I got pissed off with the boots , as 1, they marked the white hull and console when you rubberd off of it , and 2, I couldnt fit in water skis (not that I can ski or anything like that) .

Ravenspring replaced the boots with socks , and I use sailing wetsuit boots now, which are fine .....

There service is A1

Louise 05 January 2005 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIM
with comfert zip

Good point Tim! Highly recommended by my other half too. And apparently the horizontal is more comfortable than the vertical! :eek:

pettal 05 January 2005 07:35

Not a dry suit (although do own my diving one....very comfortable DUI, but big bucks) I use a Cosalt Cormorant flotation suit, which keeps me very warm and very dry.......unless chucked in the drink........but keeps you warm and more importantly afloat whilst the lifeboat is on it's way!

I use both and to be honest the quicker I can get out of my drysuit the better I feel. They can be very restricting and despite numerous attempts to alter the neck seal can cause chaffing unless copious amounts of KY are involved.

Personally I couldn't recommend the Cosalt flotation suits highly enough and are I believe made for the oil riggs. They do a heavy duty which is the one I have and then a thinner lighter one which would be mores suited to summer.

But if you like spending time wading around in the water then drysuit would be preferable! Loads of makes out there just a case of preference and cash!?

woot 05 January 2005 17:29

After trawling the previous threads last year I bought a Ravenspring and have been very pleased with it. I have a membrane diving drysuit as well but the fact the Ravenspring is breathable makes a massive difference to comfort especially during launching, recovering etc.