RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Spain Here We Come! (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/spain-here-we-come-73125.html)

pow2gran 05 August 2016 12:19

Spain Here We Come!

1 Attachment(s)
Three of us of to L'Estartit 2 x Ribquest Supersports and us with our RC585 all with our VW TouaregsAttachment 114894

Chillee 05 August 2016 13:43

Where are you staying?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Chillee 05 August 2016 13:43

I usually go just up the road near St Pere Pescadore

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pikey Dave 05 August 2016 13:47

I've heard a few horror stories of attempted "boat knapping" on the Spanish Costas, stay alert & enjoy👍

Lions led by donkeys

mick 05 August 2016 14:35

Not heard about that Dave are you meaning in the service areas etc or on the water ??

Maximus 05 August 2016 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 725404)
Not heard about that Dave are you meaning in the service areas etc or on the water ??

In the Pub??:D

Pikey Dave 05 August 2016 14:44

Nope, on the main roads,cars being flagged down by pretend cops & boats being hijacked.

Lions led by donkeys

falcon0310 05 August 2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikey Dave (Post 725406)
Nope, on the main roads,cars being flagged down by pretend cops & boats being hijacked.

Lions led by donkeys

take the risk far better than the uk !

Pikey Dave 05 August 2016 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon0310 (Post 725413)
take the risk far better than the uk !

Absolutely, like I said, take care & enjoy👍

Lions led by donkeys

sailrib 05 August 2016 15:35

Enjoy your trip south, it's very beautiful down there and very relaxing.

Having said that, just a word of caution as mentioned in previous post, the Biggest place of concern is easily Barcelona. Especially near the Majorca/Palma ferry terminals and the highways leading out of them. More than one occasion myself and other (numerous) team members have experienced this. The classic is your driving down the road minding your own business and a motorcycle comes up and starts pointing at your trailer saying there's something wrong with it, they speed off and so you pull over. Once your out of the car checking the trailer, a car pulls over either behind you or in front of you with several men and they ask your all your money and laptops.

There not too stingy, they do leave you with your clothes and rig. They definitely target tourist with boat trailers, we're easy to pull over when someone points out a problem with your trailer. They also on mopeds slash your trailer tire when stopped at a traffic signal then wait for you to pull over and they offer assistance and all your money.

Also frequently had trailers stolen or tampered in Spain when rib is in use, spare tires and jack wheel have been taken. Please be sure to lock everything up very well. Lock your engine to the hull, lock your trailer wheel to the trailer when not in use. I've also have had to use a lock & cable from rib to dock cleat when leaving rib in water overnight in public places.

Please don't use this post as to scare you, just precautions. I love Spain and will gladly go there over and over again. Enjoy your trip and may you always find safe harbor!