RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Queen Annes Battery Marina - Plymouth (http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/queen-annes-battery-marina-plymouth-64303.html)

Trimix 26 August 2014 08:39

Queen Annes Battery Marina - Plymouth

Anyone used this Marina ? Im planning on exploring the coast nearby and looking online this marina seems fine. But just wondered if anyone has any first hand experience.

Its a long way to go and find out its not what it seems.

Cheers

jlandells 26 August 2014 10:07

I've taken quite a few courses from there as well as chartering from there, but have never launched. I've heard that it's good for launching, as long as you don't go too far down the slip...

-John.

Trimix 26 August 2014 10:28

Thanks John.

I will need to float my RIB off my bunk trailer, so it does need to be underwater.

When you say "don't go too far down the slip", just how far down do you mean.

I assume high water will not be a problem ?

gotchiguy 26 August 2014 10:39

We stopped there on the way to the Scillies with the Round Britain crew. Seemed like a decent enough marina, fuel available (cheap compared to many!!) They has arranged a decent amount of pontoon space for us, but there appeared to be a number of general visitors spaces around too. I didn't pay much attention to the slip, but it looked perfectly fine

Paul Glatzel 26 August 2014 10:56

Trimix - hi, launched our 6.8m there the other week - a lovely slipway. Not the steepest and parts are a bit slimey so make sure you have a rope in case you need it. Regards, Paul

CJL 26 August 2014 16:15

Used it for years and never had to use a rope. I would use the north slip (right hand side as you look down it) as the south can get shallow. Ring in advance as it can get busy for trailer parking space.

Plenty of hotels nearby and we use the Sutton Harbour Premier Inn with a harbour facing room. The adjacent (yes directly adjacent) Lockyers Quay is a bit older and not as nice.

Chris

Trimix 26 August 2014 16:28

Cheers for the advice. I will give them a call and also check out the hotel.

stigoftd 26 August 2014 16:29

Great marina with one of the best slips in Plymouth and pretty much close to everything .

There is a fair launch charge and parking charge although well worth it :thumbs:

also right on the door step for the Barbican plenty of good food out lets and pubs

enjoy

oracle 26 August 2014 17:06

Plymouth slip

We always use the old hover craft slip over at Mount Batten. Never had any problems over there either.

stigoftd 26 August 2014 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle (Post 642544)
We always use the old hover craft slip over at Mount Batten. Never had any problems over there either.

Mt Batten would be My favorite slip just parking can be a pain when busy.
Also it is used in conjunction with the adjoining water sports center so can be a bit mad at times especially when there is an event on other wise it is great and free to use :thumbs: