RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   best slipway at the end of the M5?? exmouth area> (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/best-slipway-at-the-end-of-the-m5-exmouth-area-63382.html)

doggypaddle 09 July 2014 08:02

best slipway at the end of the M5?? exmouth area>

Looking on google maps Exmouth area is a nice easy 100 mile m5 trip from my gaff.
Can anyone reccomend a really good slip in the area?
Not worried about flush facilities, just good parking and good slip preferably with a pontoon for easy solo launching.

CJL 09 July 2014 10:05

Exmouth itself isn't a single handed launching spot from my memory. Very steep or sandy options on the seafront.

Not sure what else is around.

Boatlaunch is your friend here!

Chris

Firefly 09 July 2014 11:39

slip

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJL (Post 631750)
Exmouth itself isn't a single handed launching spot from my memory. Very steep or sandy options on the seafront.

Not sure what else is around.

Boatlaunch is your friend here!

Chris

Very steep and only 2 to 3 hrs either side of high water

nugent 09 July 2014 12:07

Exmouth slip manhead is closed Poly steps @ teignmouth is best bet

Depending on boat you can launch from recreation ground at right state of tide. But trailer parking is very limited.

Watchet harbour is junc 23 m5. But tidal go on there web site for gate opening times,

doggypaddle 09 July 2014 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by nugent (Post 631783)
Exmouth slip manhead is closed Poly steps @ teignmouth is best bet

Depending on boat you can launch from recreation ground at right state of tide. But trailer parking is very limited.

Watchet harbour is junc 23 m5. But tidal go on there web site for gate opening times,

I have cardiff bay really close for the north coast. its the end of the m5 area i am looking at really.

MustRib 09 July 2014 14:07

Give Andy - Exe treme on here a PM.
Am sure he will know the best spots.

gunn1707 09 July 2014 19:24

Poly steps Teignmouth is good but when tide is flowing its a difficult one an nearly impossible on your own as there's no where to tie off too while you go an park.
Salcombe is excellent with a pontoon at end of the slip and plenty of parking.
Exmouth main slip is closed so their most popular slip is Shelly beach but really no good on springs as trailer has to be left on beach an you won't get down the slip without getting wet.
Appledore N Devon is also excellent with great slip, pontoon, plenty of parking an only a short hop to lundy island!
Lastly Queen Anne's Battery, Plymouth. Another great launch site.
Hope this helps!!
Nick

Maximus 10 July 2014 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunn1707 (Post 631901)
Poly steps Teignmouth is good but when tide is flowing its a difficult one an nearly impossible on your own as there's no where to tie off too while you go an park.
Salcombe is excellent with a pontoon at end of the slip and plenty of parking.
Exmouth main slip is closed so their most popular slip is Shelly beach but really no good on springs as trailer has to be left on beach an you won't get down the slip without getting wet.
Appledore N Devon is also excellent with great slip, pontoon, plenty of parking an only a short hop to lundy island!
Lastly Queen Anne's Battery, Plymouth. Another great launch site.
Hope this helps!!
Nick

X2:thumbs:

Budgie1 10 July 2014 07:45

Torquay has good facilities and pontoons

Pikey Dave 10 July 2014 11:31

IIRC Brixham is a half decent launch, long time since I've used it though, so things might have changed.