RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Odd size Flare box/waterproof storage bottles (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/odd-size-flare-box-waterproof-storage-bottles-56126.html)

Swain Marine 23 June 2013 11:13

Odd size Flare box/waterproof storage bottles

1 Attachment(s)
I'm after a pair of plastic storage bottles/flare containers for my A frame. I have a couple of S/s holders bolted on but they seem to be an odd size. The max width/dia. that would fit is about 180mm. Most of the containers I can find of a decent capacity are 240-270mm. There isn't much stowage space on the boat so they would be very useful. Any ideas where I can buy some?

Pikey Dave 23 June 2013 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swain Marine (Post 549192)
I'm after a pair of plastic storage bottles/flare containers for my A frame. I have a couple of S/s holders bolted on but they seem to be an odd size. The max width/dia. that would fit is about 180mm. Most of the containers I can find of a decent capacity are 240-270mm. There isn't much stowage space on the boat so they would be very useful. Any ideas where I can buy some?

They look like they are designed for Pains Wessex flare boxes. I've got some in the shed I'll check the sizes when I get a mo.

Maximus 23 June 2013 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikey Dave (Post 549193)
They look like they are designed for Pains Wessex flare boxes. I've got some in the shed I'll check the sizes when I get a mo.

'Inspector Gadget' NEVER lets you down!!:D

willk 23 June 2013 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikey Dave (Post 549193)

PW boxes are about 210mm sq. (just measured one)

ShinyShoe 23 June 2013 12:16

Does the inshore one fit?

Flare container small Coastal | eBay

ShinyShoe 23 June 2013 12:48

Pains Wessex Polybottles

Small bottle is 160mm... acording to Jimmy G

Swain Marine 23 June 2013 13:37

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the replies. I think the larger pains Wessex and plastimo are too big. I have a pains Wessex inshore flare pack and they are in a quite a small container. I want to fit the biggest I can find to fit as I can use one for flares/safety kit and one for general use.
I had seen the pains wessex inshore one on eBay, if I could get a pair of those they would do if I can't find anything a little bigger.

Swain Marine 23 June 2013 13:40

Just checked the Jimmy Green link I'll get a couple of those if I can't any bigger ones

ShinyShoe 23 June 2013 13:58

PW have changed their small design from the one on ebay to the one Swain Marine has listed.

treerat 23 June 2013 14:12

Dry bag or one of these fit? 6L waterproof storage drum/keg/container for canoeing/kayaking/caving/SCUBA | eBay