RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Say Hello | New Member Introductions (http://www.rib.net/forum/f64/)
-   -   1st RIB - old Ribtec 535 (http://www.rib.net/forum/f64/1st-rib-old-ribtec-535-a-56124.html)

Swain Marine 23 June 2013 11:05

1st RIB - old Ribtec 535

4 Attachment(s)
Bought an old Ribtec 535 with twin 40hp Mariners. It's well used.. but should be a bit of fun.
Have replaced brake shoes, cables, jockey wheel, wheels & tyres on the trailer and steering cable on the boat (new helm unit required shortly..)
Haven't had chance to get it out on the water yet. Might try in Christchurch one evening this week.
Am a marine engineer (diesels mainly) and have been on & around boats for the last 25 years but this is the first proper boat of my own. Last boat I owned was a Mirror dinghy when I was a teenager.

Chris Caton 23 June 2013 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swain Marine (Post 549165)
Bought an old Ribtec 535 with twin 40hp Mariners. It's well used.. but should be a bit of fun.
Have replaced brake shoes, cables, jockey wheel, wheels & tyres on the trailer and steering cable on the boat (new helm unit required shortly..)
Haven't had chance to get it out on the water yet. Might try in Christchurch one evening this week.
Am a marine engineer (diesels mainly) and have been on & around boats for the last 25 years but this is the first proper boat of my own. Last boat I owned was a Mirror dinghy when I was a teenager.

looks good :thumbs: all you need now is some decent weather to enjoy it, good luck :cool:

Maximus 23 June 2013 11:25

I'm sure you'll Have some Great Fun in Her! Good Luck,and welcome to Ribnet:thumbs:
Nice part of the World your in!...usualy fish the ''Bridgepool'' once a year! ''Sea Trout Central''!!:)

Swain Marine 23 June 2013 15:19

Cheers, hopefully should be good fun. Might have to adopt an economical cruising speed though as I think it might be thirsty with a pair of old carb two strokes..

freespirit3 23 June 2013 16:23

Boat looks and sounds great

Very envious of you living near to the coast

Boat should plain really quickly and cruise nicely, only WOT will give really high consumption.

Hope the weather gets better for you

Swain Marine 24 June 2013 16:40

Tides not good for an evening trip this week so fingers crossed for ok weather at the weekend.
The previous owner said it planed easily which is good to know.

Swain Marine 29 June 2013 13:56

Finally got out today. Great weather for a change :-)
Had a successful launch from the slipway at Mayor's Mead car park, Mooched up the River Stour a little way then headed down the harbour out into Christchurch Bay & had a spin around off high cliff then over the pother side of Hengitsbury Head towards Southbourne. Came back and anchored off the Beach Huts on Hengitsbury head spit then back up the harbour for a successful recovery..
All in all a good day out. Need to sort out the throttle controls though as they are too stiff.

Swain Marine 29 June 2013 14:05

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics:

kerny 29 June 2013 14:22

Nice pics, nice set up, and nice weather :cool: :thumbs:

Johnscubanut 29 June 2013 16:42

Looks like you had a good day too? I used to tow with Mazda Bongo, great vehicle! Was going to dive off the eastern wight tomorrow, but forecast is not too good? Ah well, another day! Have fun!