RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Bits and pieces (http://www.rib.net/forum/f10/)
-   -   For Sale: Aluminum Fuel tanks (http://www.rib.net/forum/f10/aluminum-fuel-tanks-53447.html)

Trailer Bloke 20 February 2013 12:01

Aluminum Fuel tanks

3 Attachment(s)
I have two

The first one is a belly tank size 1450L x 450W x 250D and has a fill, pickup, two vents (or extra fill) and a cut out for a wema (or similar) fuel gauge 144 litres 60

The second is 700L x 500W x 360D and has a fuel gauge pick up (assume it doesnt work!), fuel pick up, fill and vent about 120 litres 40

Both are pressure tested and in good order, the smaller tank could do with the paint removed and polished!

neil.mccrirrick 22 February 2013 03:17

Hi is the 144 litre still available? I've just ordered a plastic fuel tank but tbh was in two minds as it will need to go on the deck and its red, my rib is aluminium with and aluminium chequer plate floor. I think this will go better.

Where are you if it's still there, I'm in Oldham. If posting is a problem I may be able to sort pick up out

Thanks

Neil

P.s. I'm assuming it will need tank pick up breathers etc

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net

Dirk Diggler 22 February 2013 12:56

The second tank looks "ex Honda"

Trailer Bloke 24 February 2013 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler (Post 518374)
The second tank looks "ex Honda"

You are spot on!

neil.mccrirrick 28 February 2013 07:42

I now have the bigger tank. Many many thanks to Simeon who drove it up and hand delivered in the end. Far beyond the call of duty, but very much apprciated.

Thanks

Neil :thumbs::thumbs::)

neil.mccrirrick 28 February 2013 08:06

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Re this tank, I have a question and a request.

Question is:

The tank will be mounted on the deck, it has two breathers, do i need them both or can I block one off? Blocking one off will reduce the amount of hose and make the whole thing neater, but I don't want it to not work, obviously.

Request is, Simeon didn't have the fuel guage. As its on the deck I'm not bothered about one, I'll just dip the tank, I wondered if anyone had a blank? I think Simeon said its a 3/4 inch thread? Sorry one more, if anyone has a short piece of fuel pipe, 2 inch diameter so I can connect the filler to the tank, please let me know before I trot off to the car spares shop :)

Thanks

Neil

Trailer Bloke 28 February 2013 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick (Post 519569)
Hi All,

Re this tank, I have a question and a request.

Question is:

The tank will be mounted on the deck, it has two breathers, do i need them both or can I block one off? Blocking one off will reduce the amount of hose and make the whole thing neater, but I don't want it to not work, obviously.

Request is, Simeon didn't have the fuel guage. As its on the deck I'm not bothered about one, I'll just dip the tank, I wondered if anyone had a blank? I think Simeon said its a 3/4 inch thread? Sorry one more, if anyone has a short piece of fuel pipe, 2 inch diameter so I can connect the filler to the tank, please let me know before I trot off to the car spares shop :)

Thanks

Neil

Niel

Breathers you can blank one off you only need one

This is the fuel gauge blanking plug 1 1/4 BSP Hydraulic Blanking Plug

Fuel pipe Marine Fuel Pipe / Hose ISO 7840 51mm 2" 50mm Filler Pipe 500mm length | eBay

Regards

Simeon

neil.mccrirrick 28 February 2013 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trailer Bloke (Post 519630)

Niel

Breathers you can blank one off you only need one

This is the fuel gauge blanking plug 1 1/4 BSP Hydraulic Blanking Plug

Fuel pipe Marine Fuel Pipe / Hose ISO 7840 51mm 2" 50mm Filler Pipe 500mm length | eBay

Regards

Simeon

Brill thanks Simeon you are officially a top bloke :)