RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   My New 6.9metre Ally Hull Rib (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/my-new-6-9metre-ally-hull-rib-50241.html)

neil.mccrirrick 21 August 2012 13:24

My New 6.9metre Ally Hull Rib

5 Attachment(s)
Here's the new boat. No idea on the manufacturer, age or history. The chap I bought if from didn't have any details. It is massive, (to us anyway coming from a 5m Humber).

I've not measured the beam, (and can't at the moment as we left her in Wales, going back down for August bank holiday weekend, out Sunday and Monday if anyone is out and about).

140 hp tohatsu on the back. He told me there was a100 litre under floor fuel tank, but I suspect its bigger as I got 100 litres in it and it wasn't empty.

I reckon I'll need to work out how to carry more fuel, but for now I just want to play :)

Ribochet 21 August 2012 13:34

Health to enjoy :thumbs:

Razorbill RIBs 21 August 2012 13:35

Well done Neil..... is she the one that was lurking on Ebay for a while? Friend of mine has a 140 twatsoo and swears by it /says its the most reliable engine hes ever had :thumbs:...... have fun!

kerny 21 August 2012 13:38

Nice and big Neil, plenty room for table and chairs enjoy mate :thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 21 August 2012 13:50

Very discerning choice of boat neil, do the tubes actually go down and then back up again as they flow to the rear or is that just the photo? looks pretty big, going to be some long-distance cruising in that big boy ;)

Silverfox 21 August 2012 13:52

Looks like an early Marlin.

neil.mccrirrick 21 August 2012 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbill RIBs
Well done Neil..... is she the one that was lurking on Ebay for a while? Friend of mine has a 140 twatsoo and swears by it /says its the most reliable engine hes ever had :thumbs:...... have fun!

Yep she was definitely lurking there, waiting for me lol. Yoyo spotted her and guessed earlier in the Moelfre thread. I've heard good things said of the twatsoo, not a brand more agricultural etc, but reliable and that's what you want I guess

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net

neil.mccrirrick 21 August 2012 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL
Very discerning choice of boat neil, do the tubes actually go down and then back up again as they flow to the rear or is that just the photo? looks pretty big, going to be some long-distance cruising in that big boy ;)

Hi paul, I think it's more the photo. The tubes are huge and will slide off for maintenance etc so there is some sag. I've still not really seen her on the water as I was obviously on her, but Chris at ty calch, said she looks well but does sit on the tubes, which straightens everything out. Does make her very stable

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net

Boats&Outboards 21 August 2012 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL

I thought the same thing.

Nice looking rig though. Enjoy!

HUMBER P4VWL 21 August 2012 15:21

Nowt wrong with tubes partially on water! ;) IMHO, I think they should.