RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Christmas Jolly to the Folly (http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/christmas-jolly-to-the-folly-44713.html)

mark241 24 October 2011 09:09

Christmas Jolly to the Folly

1 Attachment(s)
Fellow Boaters,

As has become customary the last couple of years and despite the weather last year, I have again booked a table in December at The Folly. Last year's trip was very interesting to say the least with most of us having to cope with thick fog most if not all of the way back, at least until we reached the Itchen. A pals then newly fitted Radar certainly came in useful in getting us back safely across The Solent and back to our berths whilst also avoiding The Ferries ! But don't let that deter you - lightning never strikes twice does it ?
Accordingly, I have now made a booking at the Folly for an end of season festive meal and I have booked a table for Sunday 4th December at 13.00Hrs for no particular reason other than a). It is a Sunday when most people can manage to get away from work and b). It is not too near to Christmas when the diary gets progressively more full with all the other tasks and preparations that need doing at this time of year.

Whilst those I have spoken to already and that have expressed an interest in joining us will mostly be coming from the Southampton area, for any other boats wishing to congregate before reaching the Folly, we will aim to enter the Medina at approximately 12.15 pm which should then allow us enough time for us to berth, pay our dues and get into the Folly prior to our 1pm table booking. Red clothing, Santa hats and good cheer are compulsory.

Whilst I have made an initial booking for 12 people on our table to start things off, I would anticipate numbers overall to increase and we may end up with two or more tables potentially.

I have attached the festive menu for the perusal of anyone wishing to join us.

;)

Starovich 24 October 2011 10:14

Thanks for sorting this, it was an interesting trip back last year :)

Ill be coming as long as the house move is complete probably 4 of us.
(menu link not working btw)

Maximus 24 October 2011 11:14

Would like to make the trip this year if poss,athough I would have to catch a lift!
If Avocett has any room could you let me know? :thumbs:

Ian M 24 October 2011 11:19

Count me in. Not sure about passengers numbers yet, will know numbers soon :thumbs:

PeterM 24 October 2011 12:15

I'd be up for it if anyone has a spare seat as I dont have boat for it this year ( and nearly didn't last year ....pop hissssssssssssssss :eek:)

Neil Harvey 24 October 2011 16:47

Count me in too, will let you know numbers nearer time, spare seats leaving from Itchen if any use to anyone

matt h 24 October 2011 17:31

Im In !!:thumbs:

Ian M 25 October 2011 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM (Post 426862)
I'd be up for it if anyone has a spare seat as I dont have boat for it this year ( and nearly didn't last year ....pop hissssssssssssssss :eek:)

Peter, if you cannot get a lift from Poole, you are welcome to join me; I will be leaving from Lymington.

Avocet 25 October 2011 04:14

Sounds good to me: some say that I don't even need to dress up to be Father Christmas!

..... and I'm more than happy to give any sleighless elves, reindeer, helpers etc a ride across from Poole. Let me know numbers in due course.

David

Maximus 25 October 2011 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avocet (Post 426964)
Sounds good to me: some say that I don't even need to dress up to be Father Christmas!

..... and I'm more than happy to give any sleighless elves, reindeer, helpers etc a ride across from Poole. Let me know numbers in due course.

David

Cheers! There's only ONE ''F.C'' :D