RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Towing to South of France (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/towing-to-south-of-france-42770.html)

sullivan 11 July 2011 04:50

Towing to South of France

Hi there, we are a family of 4 and are looking to tow our 6.5m Zodiac Rib to the South of France this August. We would love any assistance from anyone heading down there or been there before regarding travel and accommodation details.
Not sure if we want to be trying for Camp Site / Villa or All Inclusive type holiday but obviously launching and mooring facility details a must.
Any assistance for varied budgets would be fantastic also thinking of planning a half way stop if anyone knows of any?

Many thanks in advance!

Phil 11 July 2011 07:54

Beaune is a good stopping point; there are some hotels on the outside of town with enough room to park and only minutes off the motorway

as for moorings etc where are you planning as a base?

sullivan 11 July 2011 09:27

Phil

Honestly don't know. Have heard St Tropez might be a nice place to head for but don't know if the area is excessively expensive or not. Budget is reasonable I guess but we are no millionaires!!! Just not sure what's out there suitable for famalies with Ribs i.e. Camping on / near to beach (with pool for kids I guess) Villas on beach, etc. Want to try and make sure the kids enjoy as well.
Not sure how tidal it is there either so wondered if it would be pontoons or swinging moorings. Either way would be suitable I guess.

Many thanks for responding so quickly.

Carl 11 July 2011 09:35

lots of camp sites next to st.trop,the area is plage de pampelonne,mobile homes and tenting,no idea about launching though,and very small tides,few feet at most really

sullivan 11 July 2011 10:00

Rib Holidaying South of France

Carl

Thanks for that info.

Anyone else who can help its greatly appreciated, want to make this one for the kids to remember.

sullivan 11 July 2011 15:07

Carl

Wife and I just going through bits and checking Threads. She has mentioned my reply to you looked rude. Hope there was no offence taken (manic at work today). Anything else you could add would be of great help and we are looking into plage de pampelonne.

Regards

Sullivan

Carl 11 July 2011 16:27

Not rude at all, can't really help much more, but the camp sites are big and plenty of room to park car and boat next to your pitch or mobile home. When I was staying loads of campers and boats

sullivan 11 July 2011 16:42

Cheers for that. Bit of a night mare this whole not knowing much about an area. Sure we will get there in the end.

BumbleAbout 12 July 2011 02:46

I have had some good suggestions from the "Ribnet Europe" forum here RIBnet Europe - RIBnet Forums in the past.

sullivan 12 July 2011 03:21

Many thanks, I will give it a try