RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Teak decking and freshwater shower (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/teak-decking-and-freshwater-shower-39893.html)

skipper64 15 February 2011 02:59

Teak decking and freshwater shower

Im thinking of having my Ribeye 785 decked out with tek dec ,which is the synthetic look as like teak decking , has anyone had this done and what did it cost ,and did you do it yourself ???. has anyone fitted a freshwater shower.???

biffer 15 February 2011 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipper64 (Post 388893)
Im thinking of having my Ribeye 785 decked out with tek dec ,which is the synthetic look as like teak decking , has anyone had this done and what did it cost ,and did you do it yourself ???. has anyone fitted a freshwater shower.???

yes to all of that

Zippy 15 February 2011 03:02

we have Permateek on our rib. very pleased with it. easy to clean, looks good. only down side is it does get very hot when the sun is on it but thats easy to overcome!

no experience of a deck shower on a rib but guess you will need to find somewhere for a decent size tank somewhere?

skipper64 15 February 2011 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffer (Post 388894)
yes to all of that

and ????

willk 15 February 2011 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipper64 (Post 388896)
has anyone had this done

Quote:

yes

Quote:

and did you do it yourself ???

Quote:

yes

Quote:

has anyone fitted a freshwater shower.???

Quote:

yes

He's a bit monosyllabic until after the tea bowser has topped him off. He does things to ribs for money, some say he is a Evil Genius RIB builder/Modifier.

When his tannin and caffeine count reach operating levels, he'll give you a quote :)

Ribshop 15 February 2011 03:25

Hi Skipper.

We do a lot with flexiteak, an equivalent to tekdek. Depending on what boarders etc to deck out a 7.8 you are looking at around the 1000 mark.

biffer 15 February 2011 03:48

right, had me tea, what would you like to know, have ribs here with real teak, plastic teak, toilets, sinks, etc, won't get into trade names with plastic teak, do you want it looking conventional with king plank and boarders, (more expensive) or as most others do, just straight planks, for shower i'll have to look at your boat, with regards to fitting water tank so it doesn't affect your trim too much, assuming the outlet will be aft, a cuppa works wonders:thumbs:

boristhebold 15 February 2011 04:04

I had a look at doing this recently for my 7.5M Cobra, price quoted was over 2k so I decided not to bother. Would be interested on alternatives

biffer 15 February 2011 04:17

3 Attachment(s)
that's why (unlike Ribshop) i didn't put a figure to it, if you can get that done reasonably for 1k i'd go that route, i have a 7m here with plastic teak that we did 2 years ago and that was about 1700 then, of course it's done properly with boarders around the edges and around all the deck mouldings, engine box and bathing platform, before anybody points out there's no boarders around the helm seat, there is a reason for that

gotchiguy 15 February 2011 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffer (Post 388906)
i have a 7m here with plastic teak that we did 2 years ago and that was about 1700 then, of course it's done properly with boarders around the edges and around all the deck mouldings, engine box and bathing platform, before anybody points out there's no boarders around the helm seat, there is a reason for that

Now that is a nice looking RIB :thumbs::thumbs: Cobra I assume?:)