RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Yarmouth for lunch Saturday 6 November (http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/yarmouth-for-lunch-saturday-6-november-38706.html)

Avocet 02 November 2010 12:17

Yarmouth for lunch Saturday 6 November

Three of the four girls at work (for two of whom first time in a rib and of whom one non-swimmer) and I are thinking of going from Poole to Yarmouth for lunch at The Wheatsheaf on Saturday to celebrate our victory in the firm's pub quiz. It will need to be fairly early (say, midday) since, with the tides, we need to be back in Poole by 2.40 pm if we are to get entry into the marina before dark.

Would be good to meet up with anyone who wants to cruise in company/join us for lunch.

David

matt h 02 November 2010 12:50

Can i just come and see the girls David??:D

PeterM 02 November 2010 12:54

Count me in David , just need a time to RV in the harbour ?.....

Matt - welcome to jump on Nestor & come along ?

Pete

Trevor G 02 November 2010 18:29

Hi Dave
Hmmm - weather for Saturday looks wet and windy, but Sunday is currently forecast to be no wind and sunny. May be able to make Saturday with Rick, but would prefer Sunday in the sun!
Trev

PeterM 03 November 2010 05:20

sunday does indeed look much better........

PeterM 03 November 2010 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM (Post 377156)
sunday does indeed look much better........

and may be a better day for 1st time ribbers ?

Avocet 03 November 2010 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt h (Post 377070)
Can i just come and see the girls David??:D

Not sure how much they'll appreciate being treated as televisions - but you're welcome to try: they're easy enough on the eyes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor G (Post 377116)
Hi Dave
Hmmm - weather for Saturday looks wet and windy, but Sunday is currently forecast to be no wind and sunny. May be able to make Saturday with Rick, but would prefer Sunday in the sun!
Trev

Don't know that Saturday is all that bad at present but agree that Sunday is the better of the two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM (Post 377166)

I tend to agree on that one and Sunday gives us an extra half hour or so extra to get back into the marina because of the later tides. Let's go for Sunday instead.

Pete, I'm aiming to be launched around 10.30. After allowing for a full briefing for the newbies, should be available to RV off Parkstone Yacht Club around 10.45:? Does that suit you? If so, that should get us to Yarmouth just before 11.45 in time for lunch at midday.

David

Hightower 03 November 2010 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM (Post 377166)

You just want the female crew on Davids RIB to wear their Bikinis =)

matt h 03 November 2010 12:52

would love to come, Pete cheers for the offer, im trying to get mine finished and will keep you posted.... looks like a great crowd!!:thumbs:

Trevor G 05 November 2010 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avocet (Post 377183)
I tend to agree on that one and Sunday gives us an extra half hour or so extra to get back into the marina because of the later tides. Let's go for Sunday instead.

Pete, I'm aiming to be launched around 10.30. Should be available to RV off Parkstone Yacht Club around 10.45:? If so, that should get us to Yarmouth just before 11.45 in time for lunch at midday.
David

In case anyone wants to run up with us from Southampton, we'll be leaving Saxon Wharf at about 10.30, may pop in to Hythe to fuel-up (can't remember how much is left in the tank) and will potter along to Yarmouth to get there for about the same time as the others.
Trev (mobile 07840 975807 in case anyone wants to join us)