RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Electrics and electronics (http://www.rib.net/forum/f37/)
-   -   What sort of deck lighting have you? (http://www.rib.net/forum/f37/what-sort-of-deck-lighting-have-you-21771.html)

Hightower 12 October 2007 08:23

What sort of deck lighting have you?
 
I'm beginning to turn my attention to the lighting as I'm pulling wires though various holes and bulkheads.

What sort of deck lighting is suitable for a RIB, and what colour?

I thought of a Blue LED step light in each transom box and a couple in the console facing forwards to the Bow and in the kick well.

Channel Ribs 12 October 2007 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hightower (Post 222627)
What sort of deck lighting is suitable for a RIB, and what colour?

I have the red version of these fitted:
http://shop.malthouse-marine.com/ind...=183&parent=43

The red is bright but easy on the eye when trying to keep your night vision clear, they also come in white though.

There is a single LED 'dot' type which are really easy to fit, they have a blue option too.

bogib 12 October 2007 08:49

We recently fitted Hella LED lights to Parker 900 Baltic ICE-SAR, there where 11 long ones thereof 8 to the sides of the deck, 2 on the inside of A frame pointed towards the engines and one front of the console, great results and are not interfearing with the helmsman although fully lighted up at night.

Unfortunately as I am in the States now I canīt send you photos however will do so upon my arrival back home on 21st

Bogi

bogib 12 October 2007 10:04

1 Attachment(s)
Found little and unclear picture of the LED light involved

Bogi

IBWET 12 October 2007 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hightower (Post 222627)
I'm beginning to turn my attention to the lighting as I'm pulling wires though various holes and bulkheads.

What sort of deck lighting is suitable for a RIB, and what colour?

I thought of a Blue LED step light in each transom box and a couple in the console facing forwards to the Bow and in the kick well.

When we got our hull put together the wife wanted blue leds round the bottom of the consol:rolleyes: "Oh let's have some of those"they have been on twice I think,. I think for me it was a waste of time.... maybe on a bigger rib.

What spot light have you gone for?.

codprawn 12 October 2007 12:50

With Christmas coming what about some rope lights???

https://ssl.adhost.com/noveltylights...pid=262&step=4

Ezgoing 12 October 2007 13:43

lights
 
High tower

I have leds near floor throughout the boat. Waterproof searchlight which I can plug into socket throughout the boat. Flood light on top of A-frame. all on independant switches.

rgs

Peter

Hightower 12 October 2007 14:14

I wasn't going overboard with lights, just that I do fish and sometimes at night too in the summer. What I need is to back light areas that people are likely to be whilst at Anchor or Pontoon at night. The bow area and stern area's are the most remote area's and need good but unintrusive lighting. I need something I can use whilst fishing too. To help me whilst hooking the bait and fiddling around, again without being in ya face.

I hadn't even looked at Spotlights yet, but will probably go for a movable one that plugs in somewhere.

Nicke 15 October 2007 16:02

2 Attachment(s)
Installed this summer 6 blue Frilights Led lights. Really easy install and works great, also put in the rear of the boat som simple white Osrams Dot-Its. Heck even easier install.... Just glued them on, no wires they have batteries. The end result, well maybe a bit "pimp my boat"... But its fun, even if I never drive with them on I could, blue doesn't really disturb the visibility/sight badly. (they look alot brighter in the pic than they really are)

Tim M 15 October 2007 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicke (Post 223071)
Installed this summer 6 blue Frilights Led lights. Really easy install and works great, also put in the rear of the boat som simple white Osrams Dot-Its. Heck even easier install.... Just glued them on, no wires they have batteries. The end result, well maybe a bit "pimp my boat"... But its fun, even if I never drive with them on I could, blue doesn't really disturb the visibility/sight badly. (they look alot brighter in the pic than they really are)

That looks seriosly cool. Im thinking about this at the moment and am planning on some red LEDs. Those would be good in red.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.