RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Ring Powercraft (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/ring-powercraft-21385.html)

codprawn 14 September 2007 19:47

Ring Powercraft
 
http://www.ringpowercraft.net/Ring_01/index.htm

Considering the awesome reputation Mike Ring has why don't his boats get more discussion going on this site?

Some very nice pictures and video clips - just can't understand why so many companies use flashy designers for their websites. Having a tiny frame in the middle of the screen is a joke considering most people are running at least 17 or 19" monitors these days!!!

Carl 15 September 2007 04:22

:]

Petrov 15 September 2007 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by codprawn (Post 218817)
http://www.ringpowercraft.net/Ring_01/index.htm

Considering the awesome reputation Mike Ring has why don't his boats get more discussion going on this site?

Some very nice pictures and video clips - just can't understand why so many companies use flashy designers for their websites. Having a tiny frame in the middle of the screen is a joke considering most people are running at least 17 or 19" monitors these days!!!

The site is made by my partner and we are using the same frame to UK site as on ours, we made the site 2 years ago when it was a trend over here to have frames like this, we are trying to build the frame so it adjusts after wich screen you have but we have been running into some problems with the existing frame.
Most of the pictures that we have used on the site has been delivered in Scandinavia and are often black and grey, as i have understand its not very common colours in the UK and thats maybe a reason that people dont find them interesting.
Can be wrong but only thought that i have.

ribit 15 September 2007 06:28

Perhaps a few more pics of the rib for-one may wet peoples appetite although not over keen on the green colour

http://webmaatwerk.com/for/team-for-one/index.php

PS...You could always offer to build them a new web site Mr Codd:D

Petrov 15 September 2007 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ribit (Post 218844)
PS...You could always offer to build them a new web site Mr Codd:D

Good idea ;) we only doing it on amateur basis.

codprawn 15 September 2007 09:35

That green RIB looks awesome - any idea of it's top speed?

We have nothing at all to do with web design. I can only just about draft a decent looking letter in Word - anything artistic is totally beyond me. However I have been using the internet since 1993 and I think I know a good site when I see it.

It's NOT just Ring's site - there are loads using frames etc that are just crap - too flashy and arty for their own good. Sunseeker is a classic example.

The best websites are as simple as possible - like this one for example!!!

ribit 15 September 2007 10:01

I'm not brilliant either, Graham a guy at our place does our computer work, he's only 22 but knows his way around all the programs and web design is no problem, he runs his own forums, every time I try I mess things up it really annoys me that I can't do better, think I will have to go to night school to improve :( as it is important to my company for me to be a bit more savey

Petrov 15 September 2007 14:40

boat is doing 69knots.

Petrov 01 November 2007 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by codprawn (Post 218860)
That green RIB looks awesome - any idea of it's top speed?

We have nothing at all to do with web design. I can only just about draft a decent looking letter in Word - anything artistic is totally beyond me. However I have been using the internet since 1993 and I think I know a good site when I see it.

It's NOT just Ring's site - there are loads using frames etc that are just crap - too flashy and arty for their own good. Sunseeker is a classic example.

The best websites are as simple as possible - like this one for example!!!

Movie of the green one.

http://www.ringpowercraft.se/Ring_heli_for_448x256.mp4

codprawn 01 November 2007 14:51

Awesome - you can right click and save it - then watch full screen. great quality video and a great boat - can I borrow it for the round Britain???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.